California DPT Schools 2021-2022 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got an acceptance email to Fresno state!!! I will be giving up my spot at MSMU and cancelling my interview with WesternU
Congrats!!! :giggle:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats!! I also got into Fresno State! However I am still very hopeful to hear back from SDSU. But if not, Fresno state has an amazing program and I would be real happy going there as well!

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats!! I also got into Fresno State! However I am still very hopeful to hear back from SDSU. But if not, Fresno state has an amazing program and I would be real happy going there as well!
I'm feeling the same way about CSULB since I'm on the high tier waitlist. Fresno can't really beat SDSU and LB's locations besides with the lower cost of living

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm feeling the same way about CSULB since I'm on the high tier waitlist. Fresno can't really beat SDSU and LB's locations besides with the lower cost of living
SDSU is my alma mater which is why it’s my top program but I agree. Location wise, it’s hard to beat San Diego and LB haha. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for the both of us. Maybe we will be classmates tho

Just put my deposit down for West Coast! Does anyone know if there is a facebook group or anything like that for the 2025 dpt class?

Just put my deposit down for West Coast! Does anyone know if there is a facebook group or anything like that for the 2025 dpt class?
amazing! I put my deposit down a few weeks ago and haven't heard of anything. There is a good chance I am going so maybe we can start one?

Just got accepted at Sacramento State! I have to decide between Fresno and Sacramento for now.

Reactions: 3 users
Any updates from CSUN??
I never received an invitation for an interview, and it sounds like they stopped offering in early janurary. I'm honestly just waiting for a rejection letter!

I never received an invitation for an interview, and it sounds like they stopped offering in early janurary. I'm honestly just waiting for a rejection letter!
I interviewed with them at the end of November/early December but haven’t heard anything since! The waiting game is never ending between waitlists && schools taking forever 😂

Hey guys just wanted to share my experience. Last year I applied to western, UCSF, CSUN, University of St. Augustine, and West Coast. My grades were pretty average but bc of my experience I thought I would have a good shot at getting into CSUN or UCSF. Unfortunately that was not the case. Out of all of the private programs I was accepted to(Western, West Coast, USA) I decided on USA because of the location. As I was beginning the onboarding process I was getting cold feet, I didn’t know much about the program, and it was a lot more expensive than I realize. It was hard to decline my seat and push back the beginning on my career a year back. At the time I was pretty bummed out but I’m so glad I did, and I am so glad I was able to evaluate my application and fix some pre-reqs. Financially I couldn’t afford a private program and staying back a year has provided me an opportunity to chase my career and be less worried about loans. So if any are you are on the same boat as I was last year, I’d recommend to really evaluate your app and your future. I am available through DMs if you have any questions about how I fixed my app! Or jsut if you have any questions about my experience 😊

Reactions: 6 users
Just got rejected from CSUN today. Lookin like it's gonna be West Coast U for me!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yay for West Coast tho!! Did CSUN email you?
Yes, thankful to be accepted anywhere! And yes, I emailed them after Feb 1st had passed, and they emailed me yesterday saying that they are taking longer than usual to review applications. I got an email this afternoon saying I was denied.

Yes, thankful to be accepted anywhere! And yes, I emailed them after Feb 1st had passed, and they emailed me yesterday saying that they are taking longer than usual to review applications. I got an email this afternoon saying I was denied.
thank you for sharing! So odd how they’re sending out notifications haha.

amazing! I put my deposit down a few weeks ago and haven't heard of anything. There is a good chance I am going so maybe we can start one?
Good idea! Not sure too sure how to create a group on facebook but if you put a link here I'll definitely join!!:)

Congrats on ur acceptance!!! May i ask what ur stats look like? Also, around what time did you receive ur acceptance? Chapman is my top choice and im still waiting on their decision for summer and fall :/
Sorry for the late reply! I just saw this! Thank you!
My stats:
Cumulative GPA: 3.58
5 Letters of Rec: (3 Professors: Anatomy, Physiology, Neurobiology, 2 Inpatient DPTs)
Observation Hours: Currently PT aide, 50 inpatient hours, 400+ outpatient hours
GRE: 150V, 155Q, 4.0W
5 years student math tutor, 2 hours supplemental instructor for human anatomy, club presidents, medical training club member, 150+ ER volunteering hours, and more volunteer experience for non-profit organizations.

For now:
Acceptance: MSMU, WesternU, Chapman Summer Cohort, West Coast
Waitlisted: USC Residential, CSULB High-tier
Rejections: None so far

Still waiting to hear from Champan Fall Cohort, USC Hybrid, CSUN

I submitted my application on August 15th, and heard from Chapman Thursday around 9 am.
They said they are still filling in spots (I will most likely give up my position for summer, and wait to hear for fall, which will come out end of this month)

Good Luck! I hope you hear soon, the waiting sucks!

Sorry for the late reply! I just saw this! Thank you!
My stats:
Cumulative GPA: 3.58
5 Letters of Rec: (3 Professors: Anatomy, Physiology, Neurobiology, 2 Inpatient DPTs)
Observation Hours: Currently PT aide, 50 inpatient hours, 400+ outpatient hours
GRE: 150V, 155Q, 4.0W
5 years student math tutor, 2 hours supplemental instructor for human anatomy, club presidents, medical training club member, 150+ ER volunteering hours, and more volunteer experience for non-profit organizations.

For now:
Acceptance: MSMU, WesternU, Chapman Summer Cohort, West Coast
Waitlisted: USC Residential, CSULB High-tier
Rejections: None so far

Still waiting to hear from Champan Fall Cohort, USC Hybrid, CSUN

I submitted my application on August 15th, and heard from Chapman Thursday around 9 am.
They said they are still filling in spots (I will most likely give up my position for summer, and wait to hear for fall, which will come out end of this month)

Good Luck! I hope you hear soon, the waiting sucks!
when was your interview for CSUN? congrats on all your acceptances!

Got accepted to USC residential last week, but I'm declining my seat. Good luck you guys :)

Reactions: 4 users
Got accepted to USC residential last week, but I'm declining my seat. Good luck you guys :)
Congratulations on the acceptance! Hope you got into your top choice.
When did you submit your application?

when was your interview for CSUN? congrats on all your acceptances!
Thank you!
I actually am still waiting to hear from CSUN, I haven’t done any interview with them. At this point I’m waiting for a rejection letter haha

Thank you!
I actually am still waiting to hear from CSUN, I haven’t done any interview with them. At this point I’m waiting for a rejection letter haha
Ok me too, but really strange that someone with your stats and acceptances wouldn't even get an interview?

Thank you!
Same lol. I don't even really care anymore anyways

Reactions: 2 users
My question is what's the point of deadlines if you can submit the day of the deadline and not even be considered lol. I submitted my application for LB the day before the deadline and the next day they rejected me..

Got off the waitlist at Long Beach today 🥳🥳🥳

I see.
Can I ask what your stats looked like ?
Very anxious about results 😭
Sure, I totally understand the anxiety.

My stats:
Cumulative GPA: 3.83
3 Letters of Rec: (1 Anatomy professor, a previous employer, and an outpatient PT)
Observation Hours: Currently PT aide with ~1000 hours, around 600 when I applied
GRE: 156V, 156Q, 5.0W
1 year undergrad Anatomy TA, 1 year medical assistant at an outpatient surgery clinic

Acceptances: USC, BU, Northeastern, Wash U, Jefferson, Arcadia
Waitlisted: Pitt, Northwestern
Rejections: None

Congratulations!!!! If you don't mind me asking, what are your stats?
Thank you!!

cGPA - 3.91
pGPA - 3.9
GRE -
Q: 150
V: 154
AW: 4.5
Hours: 2,000+ in outpatient clinic, 75 in a pediatric sports med clinic, 8 hours in-patient
Letters: 4 (2 from PTs, 2 from professors)
Extra Curr - Lead PT Aide for 1.5 years, Anatomy TA, manager at a cycling studio for 1.5 years, member of a couple college clubs, few other misc. jobs

Hey everyone!
I got invited for an interview for CSUN yesterday. They are only giving me until tomorrow to complete it and I don’t have much time to prepare. Does anyone have any advice?

Hey everyone!
I got invited for an interview for CSUN yesterday. They are only giving me until tomorrow to complete it and I don’t have much time to prepare. Does anyone have any advice?
Woah, that is really crazy that they are still doing interviews! You must have been so happy to get that great news at such an odd time! It gives me hope that they are still considering some applicants, lol. The questions are super generic and only take two or three minutes to answer, and there are only two questions total. I wouldn't worry at all. They may ask about some general accomplishments in your life, but other than that, just be confident and be yourself. It's really not intense at all.

I got off the waitlist for Long Beach too!!! Now gotta decide between Fresno and LB. I was just warming up to Fresno too 😅
Anyone got info/opinions on the programs?

I gave up my seat for Chapman’s summer cohort. I hope that helps someone out. Now gotta wait to hear from the fall cohort (they said end of this month).

I got off the waitlist for Long Beach too!!! Now gotta decide between Fresno and LB. I was just warming up to Fresno too 😅
Anyone got info/opinions on the programs?
Congrats! What are your stats? Kinda want to gauge where I am in the waitlist

Congrats! What are your stats? Kinda want to gauge where I am in the waitlist
Thank you! I think it'll still be very hard to gauge but here's my stats

University: UCLA
Major: Physiological science
cGPA: 3.4 pGPA: 3.1~3.3
GRE: 160V/161Q/4.5AW
LOR: 2 Professors, 1 PT coworker, 1 PT boss. Only really connected with the coworker.

Observation: 1300 OP (had ortho, sports, pelvic, vestibular), 70 SNF, 300 different SNF (currently rehab tech at SNF)
Extracurricular: Sports med club pres, Club sport treasurer, pre-pt club member, some volunteering with adaptive sports

Accepted: Franklin Pierce AZ, MSMU, CSUF, CSULB (off waitlist)
Waitlisted: CSULB, SMU, NAU
Rejected: UCSF, SDSU, CSUN

Last edited:
Any new news from CSUN? I emailed them about a week ago and got a pretty prompt response that they are still reviewing applications, but I haven't heard anything else. Have any of you heard anything in the last few days?

Any new news from CSUN? I emailed them about a week ago and got a pretty prompt response that they are still reviewing applications, but I haven't heard anything else. Have any of you heard anything in the last few days?
I haven’t heard anything either!

I got a response from them on Friday that they are sending out more decisions over the next 2 weeks! We have all waited this long, no need to stress more than we already have. Keep positive thoughts everyone, we will hear back soon!

I did the same thing and still haven’t heard from them

I declined my seat offer for west coast university if there is anyone on the waitlist that should clear it up! I’m scared as this is the only school I have gotten an acceptance from, however I want to reapply next cycle and hopefully get into a state school or a school locally so I will be in less debt.

I declined my seat offer for west coast university if there is anyone on the waitlist that should clear it up! I’m scared as this is the only school I have gotten an acceptance from, however I want to reapply next cycle and hopefully get into a state school or a school locally so I will be in less debt.
This is the same scenario I was in last year! It was worth it to wait a year and fix my app by taking some pre-reqs. It is also something I used during interview process and I really think that helped me get into state schools. Let me know if you have questions!

This is the same scenario I was in last year! It was worth it to wait a year and fix my app by taking some pre-reqs. It is also something I used during interview process and I really think that helped me get into state schools. Let me know if you have questions!
Ah I’m so glad to hear that!! Did you end up getting in somewhere a lot cheaper?! I am scared because next year isn’t a guarantee but I am planning to retake a a few classes and the gre I think! What would you recommend I do? I got a B- in gen Chem 2 and a B in bio 2 so I think I will retake those. I work at an outpatient clinic and have over 1000
hours. I have been trying to find an inpatient position however here in the Bay Area all volunteer services are still not accepting any volunteers due to Covid and the paid positions are sparse.
Thanks so much I will take you up on your offer! Any advice I would appreciate!

Last edited:
Ah I’m so glad to hear that!! Did you end up getting in somewhere a lot cheaper?! I am scared because next year isn’t a guarantee but I am planning to retake a a few classes and the gre I think! What would you recommend I do? I got a B- in gen Chem 2 and a B in bio 2 so I think I will retake those. I work at an outpatient clinic and have over 1000
hours. I have been trying to find an inpatient position however here in the Bay Area all volunteer services are still not accepting any volunteers due to Covid and the paid positions are sparse.
Thanks so much I will take you up on your offer! Any advice I would appreciate!
Hi! I ended up getting into SDSU, Sac State, Fresno State, Western, and George Fox. Last year I got into West Coast, Western, and St. Augustine but not any public schools. I can definitely give you some advice! I will DM you!

Hi! I ended up getting into SDSU, Sac State, Fresno State, Western, and George Fox. Last year I got into West Coast, Western, and St. Augustine but not any public schools. I can definitely give you some advice! I will DM you!
Thank you so so much 😁 and congrats!!!!