CampWWorld: A Delos Destination - Game Thread

Started by Trilt
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Long day of farm winterizing for me... yet somehow much quieter here than I expected. I think I think that every Saturday though.

Reading through the one page that's here I know a few posts from BBC and Jilary caught my eye, but that was short enough I am gonna run back through before voting.
 
lynch BBC

I'm not really sold on just picking someone who didn't vote and none of those people are standing out as sketchy to me. But BBC's posts just kind of rubbed me the wrong way. I find it odd that she would say "well I'll waffle if no one else does" instead of just doing it if she supposedly already knew she was going to waffle to Ally if it came down to it. She says the hesitation was because she had stronger feels for Teep but... she was the only vote on Teep and lynch was ending in 7 minutes so it seems odd to hold onto that.
 
*****************************
I really miss you guise. That is all.
sad-02.jpg

***************************
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lynch BBC

I'm not really sold on just picking someone who didn't vote and none of those people are standing out as sketchy to me. But BBC's posts just kind of rubbed me the wrong way. I find it odd that she would say "well I'll waffle if no one else does" instead of just doing it if she supposedly already knew she was going to waffle to Ally if it came down to it. She says the hesitation was because she had stronger feels for Teep but... she was the only vote on Teep and lynch was ending in 7 minutes so it seems odd to hold onto that.

I was leaning BBC too except for one post about villager code. I think it would be just a little risky to ask about that as a wolf if it could be something obvious to any villager. Im probably reading too much into that though.
 
Well, going back again, I wonder about LIS and Jilary. Since that is Jilary twice, I'll trust my gut and place my vote there.

Lynch Jilary
 
I like the absent voter theory. And, yes, I know I'm one of them. I know bussing happens, but it would have been easy for a wolf to vote for Kam and claim bad feels later. Might even have helped a villager cover since villagers are known to be fallible.

I went through the whole thread and found all the people who didn't vote yesterday (I actually mingled with the idea of potential wolves not voting day 1 before it was mentioned - that just solidified the idea for me), and zen's posts stood out to me because she talked a lot but never actually voted
I'm confused by your logic. Are you suggesting that a wolf would purposely not have voted so as to not vote against ally while avoiding a "wrong" vote? I thought the argument is that the wolf in question was absent for so long that they had no idea there was a wolf up for lynch.

If you think a wolf purposely avoided voting, I'd look at @finnickthedog. He posted this at 7:17pm
Sorry, I haven't checked in much guys, I had less internet than I expected today but I've been following as best I can. Will try to put a lynch vote in soon.
Lynch closed 40min later without a vote from finnick. Hey, finnick, what happened?

I'm trying to decide whether I think a wolf would have chosen not to vote or whether they just happened to be away. Will hold off of lynch vote until then. I would like to hear from finnick, though.
 
I kinda want to vote Teep again.

However, Kata is feeling like a better vote for today.

Lynch Kata for now.

I'm going to go analyze votes from yesterday/so far today and see if I am content to keep things here or move to a different target. So I may waffle.
 
What's funny is you say your suspicious of LIS, yet he is the other person voting to lynch me. :laugh:🤣
I know. I saw. Hence why I mentioned that I chose you because you ticked my radar both times I read through.

I guess BBC did a little both times, but less on the second read through.
 
If you think a wolf purposely avoided voting, I'd look at @finnickthedog. He posted this at 7:17pm

Lynch closed 40min later without a vote from finnick. Hey, finnick, what happened?

I'm trying to decide whether I think a wolf would have chosen not to vote or whether they just happened to be away. Will hold off of lynch vote until then. I would like to hear from finnick, though.

Crappy data connection in the restaurant.

It would have made very little sense for me to purposely avoid voting at the time if I were a wolf. Once there was a tie vote maybe you have a point, but when I showed up Kam had a lead and I could have easily voted for Kam or placed a vote on one of the three other people who had 2 votes just like Ally to push the lynch away from her.
 
Last edited:
Officialish Lynch Tally
Jilary (2) - LIS, LotF
Kata (5)- SOV, aloha, teep, sandstorm, BBC
BBC (3)- Nyanko, Kata, Finn
LoTF (1)- STL
Zen (1)- hazel
Sandy (5) - Jil, Saki, Dy, FB, PBC

17/18 votes.

Deadline in ~1.5hrs at 10:30PM EST. Please check your votes. :cat:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
And I'd like to come back to BBC tomorrow. Yesterday she didn't want to break the tie because she had stronger feelings for teep and today she creates a tie and still says she has feels for teep but isn't voting for him.
There was 1.5 hours for someone to break the tie. If it was still a tie with 15 minutes to I would have to stop and rethink.

Anyway, my Teep vote didn't go anywhere yesterday, and wouldn't have gone anywhere today. I wanted to put a vote where it would actually have an impact. I had feelings for Kata as well, so my vote is better there.
 
There was 1.5 hours for someone to break the tie. If it was still a tie with 15 minutes to I would have to stop and rethink.

Anyway, my Teep vote didn't go anywhere yesterday, and wouldn't have gone anywhere today. I wanted to put a vote where it would actually have an impact. I had feelings for Kata as well, so my vote is better there.
Which tie are you referring to with the "1.5hrs to break"? Yesterday's only had 30min, while today's had about 2hrs as of the time of your lynch vote.
 
Officialish Lynch Tally
Jilary (1) - LIS
Kata (6)- SOV, aloha, teep, sandstorm, BBC, Zen
BBC (3)- Nyanko, Kata, Finn
LoTF (1)- STL
Zen (1)- hazel
Sandy (6) - Jil, Saki, Dy, FB, PBC, STL

18/18 votes.

Deadline in ~40min.
 
GRR! I'm sure most of you know how much I hate ties and I'm always willing to break them, but I really can't break this one, and here's why. I'm not feeling the kata lynch (I know I could be wrong about her, but my feels aren't there at the moment), but if I unlynch Sandy and lynch anyone else (like BBC) I might as well be voting to lynch kata. So I'm stuck.
 
I'm really up in the air here, and I'm trying to reason my way through it. I hate making a blind choice against what my gut is feeling. I'm not up for finding out whatever Trilt has in her head to deal with tie breakers.

Unlynch kata, Lynch Sandy

She feels pretty sketch to me as well. and her PM buddy has also chosen to put her vote here as well.
 
Officialish Lynch Tally
Jilary (1) - LIS
Kata (6)- SOV, aloha, teep, sandstorm, BBC, Zen
BBC (3)- Nyanko, Kata, Finn
LoTF (1)- STL
Zen (1)- hazel
Sandy (6) - Jil, Saki, Dy, FB, PBC, STL

18/18 votes.

Deadline in ~40min.
I would like to move my extra vote over to Sandy please 😛
 
I come back from the movies and I'm in the lead for lynch votes. Awesome.

There's only 10ish minutes left so I honestly don't think that I can convince you guys that I'm a villager, especially because I've not been participating as much as I have in previous games and I don't have anything concrete to support my case (and, yeah, in retrospect, my voting for Kata was stupid but I was busy and would have felt bad to have missed out on voting again, so I just threw it out there). At this point, I don't have much of a defense. But I'm not a wolf. Kill me if you want--I'm just a vanillager and I don't have an ability or anything so it isn't like I actually matter. I don't even care.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I stated to STL in chat, but I didn't find the whole reason behind the initial votes for Sandy. Voting for people who missed yesterday was a sound strategy, and one that I myself would have done even if I hadn't checked in. Since you know you weren't a wolf (if you are village anyway), that gives one less person to guess between.

ETA: Sandy if you are a wolf I'm going to be very annoyed.
 
feck.

Officialish Lynch Tally
Jilary (1) - LIS
Kata (5)- SOV, aloha, sandstorm, BBC, Zen
BBC (3)- Nyanko, Kata, Finn
LoTF ()
Zen (1)- hazel
Sandy (7) - Jil, Saki, Dy, FB, PBC, STL, Teep

Deadline in ~20min. Check your votes because I sorta suck.
Not that it matters, but you are missing me on Jil.
 
aOip5Qz.png

​
Today everybody went whitewater rafting. How fun! How exhilarating! How... dangerous. Sure someone may have gone overboard, but it's Campworld and there's always safety protocols in place for things like that.

With that said, this crowd sure did seem to be thinning out a bit recently. And while the campers were somewhat willfully ignoring the fact, their quickly dwindling buddies were hard to ignore. For a park with a typically near 100% safety rating... this is a bit odd. Corporate had to be having a heart attack.

But at least everything seemed to be running smoothly otherwise, and hey, the Canteen sign says "Open Tomorrow!" Maybe some retail therapy will relax the mood.

Head smashed against a rock and then drowned is @SandstormDVM - a vanilla village Camper. Body, of course, nowhere to be found...​

It is now Night 2. Night deadline will be **6:30AM EST**.

- - - - ----------------------
ZOKSo8J.png
---------------------- - - - -
​

jdcALhl.png


Maple Cabin

2. @BeautifulBritishColumbia
3. @Jilary
4. @katashark
5. @PrincessButterCup
7. @Filly Bay

Birch Cabin
8. @LadyOtheFarm
9. @Zensing
10. @alohacat319
11. @finnickthedog
12. @SummerTheLynx
13. @Teepster87
14. @nyanko

Rowan Cabin
15. The @LetItSnow
16. @dyachei
18. @hazelmoo
19. @StartingoverVet
21. @Saki Nishibi

Gone

17. @Caiter92 - Camper
20. @allyphoe - Camper
6. @Kam325 - Camper
1. @SandstormDVM - Camper
 
And with Kam now dead, I don't really have any feels on anyone as of right now.

I think the absentee wolf theory is as good of an angle as any to pursue at this point.

Lynch kata
lynch Kam

I know its probably a coincidence, but wasn't Kam responsible for the Pikachu-popcorn death in the Pokémon game? Death by fire my be her calling card.

This is the thing that has really being bugging me about Teep. Every post is either off topic, saying they don't have much, or going along with another theory. I have yet to see any real contribution to the game.
The logic from this 3rd quoted post was also questionable. Unless it was a joke.

I am gonna go with Lynch PBC for now.

It's a little thing, but something about the way she responded and the order of posts to the news of her buddy being gone and her new buddy being assigned set off my feelz.

It might be nothing, and I'll keep watching for more to influence me, but that's what I've got so far.
I think this was weird, and grasping at straws a little. Not enough to make me super suspicious, but enough to want to keep an eye on her.

•••lynch PBC•••

Of the options on the table, she is the one that seems most likely to me. But I really don't have much info right now. It's just weird to me that she wouldn't try to get a buddy when she posted the first time rather than waiting hours before finally asking for one. Then her supposed buddy dies, she got a different partner last night but then didn't speak up for quite a while, idk, just feels weird, then again I don't think a wolf would kill off their partner N0, but this is the best reasoning I can come up with. Willing to waffle based off further discussion.
Voting for them, saying exactly why her reasoning might not work, and then still voting anyway. However, she did say she was open to waffles.

How so? Once ally flipped wolf, Kam looked much more villagery for starting the lynch. In a game with no conversions, it makes sense for wolves to kill people who are most villagery/trustworthy...same reason why it's usually a bad idea to announce when you seer someone as villager. Puts a target on their back.

I just realized I never replied. I do not think Kam was cleared by D1 events, and leaving her alive would have been a good distraction for the rest of us during lynch.
 
I think this was weird, and grasping at straws a little. Not enough to make me super suspicious, but enough to want to keep an eye on her.
Day 1 vote= totally grasping at even an inkling of a hint of a feeling.

But just the order of her posts: "oh, my buddy! Now I don't have one" (second part was likely my assumption), then, "oh yeah, I got assigned a different buddy, no big whoop" (second part totally my read).

It just set off my feelz. I didn't go back there today because she didn't say anything that peeked my interest. I don't know if that helps you sort out my line of reasoning, but that is the long version of my post.
 
Voting people for being afk is rarely alignment indicative. So no. It's not a great reason to lynch someone
as a random strategy, sure, but this is a very specific reason...

we got a wolf on very few votes. Unless there is a tiny wolfpack, which makes little sense in a no conversion game, why would the wolves not put up an extra target or two. It wouldn't have been suspicious at all on a first vote. Letting a wolf go down on day 1 on so few votes makes little sense. So the theory is that there must have been some wolves not participating. Could be wrong, but until we get some better ideas, that one makes sense to me.

And as an aside.. I'd rather pick among the non participating players than not.. Even if it is not an indication of wolfiness, it is not an indication of not-wolfiness, and not participating is not villager friendly. We are always hurt by a bunch of quiet, non-participants in the end game. So I am good with this strategy either way, lacking better feels or info.
 
as a random strategy, sure, but this is a very specific reason...

we got a wolf on very few votes. Unless there is a tiny wolfpack, which makes little sense in a no conversion game, why would the wolves not put up an extra target or two. It wouldn't have been suspicious at all on a first vote. Letting a wolf go down on day 1 on so few votes makes little sense. So the theory is that there must have been some wolves not participating. Could be wrong, but until we get some better ideas, that one makes sense to me.

And as an aside.. I'd rather pick among the non participating players than not.. Even if it is not an indication of wolfiness, it is not an indication of not-wolfiness, and not participating is not villager friendly. We are always hurt by a bunch of quiet, non-participants in the end game. So I am good with this strategy either way, lacking better feels or info.
You know I hear this a lot and the truth is you kill more villagers than wolves this way.

Justify it however you want. That's the stark truth
 
VtULONP.png

​
As the sun rose spectacularly once more, a crowd gathered around the Canteen building. The "Open Tomorrow!" sign had been removed during the night, but the door was still locked. Peering through the window showed several hosts scurrying around, organizing shelves and counting a till full of Delos Dollars. Maybe it'll be open this afternoon? Everyone couldn't have gotten that money for no reason, and was definitely burning a hole in some anxious campers' pockets.

Elsewhere, another night, another missing body... and this time there was a suspiciously clean and well-scrubbed spot near the mess hall. I guess you could explain it away by someone getting a little too drunk and making a mess, but the long fur chunks and slashes of cloth caught in a nearby tree somewhat belies that...

Mauled impressively to death by a bear is @Saki Nishibi, a vanilla village Camper.

It is now Day 3. Lynch deadline will again be 10:30PM EST.

- - - - ----------------------
ZOKSo8J.png
---------------------- - - - -
​

jdcALhl.png


Maple Cabin

2. @BeautifulBritishColumbia
3. @Jilary
4. @katashark
5. @PrincessButterCup
7. @Filly Bay

Birch Cabin
8. @LadyOtheFarm
9. @Zensing
10. @alohacat319
11. @finnickthedog
12. @SummerTheLynx
13. @Teepster87
14. @nyanko

Rowan Cabin
15. The @LetItSnow
16. @dyachei
18. @hazelmoo
19. @StartingoverVet

Gone

17. @Caiter92 - Camper
20. @allyphoe - Camper
6. @Kam325 - Camper
1. @SandstormDVM - Camper
21. @Saki Nishibi - Camper
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You know I hear this a lot and the truth is you kill more villagers than wolves this way.

Justify it however you want. That's the stark truth
so your argument is wolves are less quiet than villagers? Huh?
of course we kill more wolves than villagers, because there are more wolves than villagers. Are the odds worse with this strategy than random? no. in a case like this is that a reason not to pursue it?

Are you being intentionally obtuse?
 
so your argument is wolves are less quiet than villagers? Huh?
of course we kill more wolves than villagers, because there are more wolves than villagers. Are the odds worse with this strategy than random? no. in a case like this is that a reason not to pursue it?

Are you being intentionally obtuse?
odds aren't better, either. I'm not being obtuse. if anyone is here..

my point is that it doesn't do anything in terms of helping town. so town pursuing it as a reason to lynch is questionable at best.

and yes, most wolves tend to put in slightly more effort.
 
I would lynch Dyachei for a nonsensical analysis, but on the off chance she is being a dumb wolf (doubtful), I'd rather stick with the strategy that she doesn't like.

lynch kata

and if this works, anyone who voted sandy yesterday is suspect IMO.