This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

surgery_rocks

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can I move around and change jobs every four years if I am a general surgeon?

Let's just assume my husband is military and I would have to move for those reasons.
 
Can I move around and change jobs every four years if I am a general surgeon?

Let's just assume my husband is military and I would have to move for those reasons.

It's possible if you do acute care/trauma/locums work.

Otherwise, academic jobs and virtually anything with elective surgery that requires you to build a practice based on referrals won't work. It takes a few years to become busy in any community.