Can I start Suplemental without VMCAS?

Started by Ges
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Ges

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I was wondering if I can start and submit the suplemental applications first, and then submit the VMCAS application.

I am already doing the VMCAS application but its incomplete since i it needs the LOR's.
 
Last edited:
Hi, I was wondering if I can start and submit the suplemental applications first, and then submit the VMCAS application.

I am already doing the VMCAS application but its imcomplete since i it needs the LOR's.
It depends on the school. Some schools ask for the VMCAS number in the supplemental, some don't.

Check with the schools if you are unsure. And notice the spell check on your posts, I hope you do a better job on your applications.
 
Hi, I was wondering if I can start and submit the suplemental applications first, and then submit the VMCAS application.

I am already doing the VMCAS application but its incomplete since i it needs the LOR's.

If you've opened a VMCAS account then you have a VMCAS ID number. If you also know who your recommenders will be, I don't see any reason you couldn't do supplementals first.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It depends on the school. Some schools ask for the VMCAS number in the supplemental, some don't.

Check with the schools if you are unsure. And notice the spell check on your posts, I hope you do a better job on your applications.


someone is feeling snarky this morning!

Yes, check with the schools but I don't think it would be a problem. I think I did that the year I applied
 
There was one school I applied to that said right on the supplemental that VMCAS "must" be submitted first, or the application would be tossed out (paraphrasing -you get the picture!). Cant remember what school though. .
Other than that, I agree that most schools don't care. Espectially if they are due the same time as VMCAS, get them in the mail early (and get tracking numbers for everything!).