Can you be pregnant during all 4 years of residency if you want lots of kids but bio clock?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MD/PhD comes out financially behind in almost every circumstance.
How? Refer to the post I wrote about my logic, and my calculations on loan repayment.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
How? Refer to the post I wrote about my logic, and my calculations on loan repayment.

I'll make this really simple. The money that you lose from not earning an attending income for 4 or so years is more than what you gain by not having med school debt.

I am wondering, what is the maximum number of pregnancies one can legitimately handle, from 1-4, while graduating residency on time? Assuming that the residency is not a surgical specialty, and assuming the person can afford 4 kids.

Streampaw

I am actually not a troll, and actually a female. I dont seewhy you all think I am a troll. I want to be a rich person and have 4 perfect rich kids. What is so bad about this? Family is the most important to me, and I will do everything in my power to give my kids a dream life.

wut r u doin steampaw

Wha kind of psychological issues are you hinting at? I know I am a narcissist, but perhaps also a sociopath? Not sure. Because I can still feel empathy for some people. I just dont care about the empathy I feel.

Steampaw staph

Reactions: 3 users
What if OP is really an MD/PhD student with an incurable skin condition that is matching into dermatology and is now married to her lawyer husband that wants to have four children whom she visits in Oregon every other week and started dating when she went to community college at the age of 15 before transferring to 4 year university at the age of 17 that just decided to troll all of us?

When you put it that way, it doesn't sound so ridiculous. :woot:

Reactions: 1 user
Tumblr_m2yr8j9pLe1rn5b0zo1_500.gif

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, I have an uncurable skin condition, and I want to make sure that thosr who are suffering from skin conditions are able a way to minimize their appearance. Skin conditions are in no way gross.

You just broke the rule by posting. You'll now have $10,000 in debt.

It's sad that streampaw learned nothing from 6 pages of posts and several topics. Sadly, I've seen this before. Pompous pre-meds who think they are the **** but have proved nothing(seriously, OP can't name one thing she's proven to guarantee she'll succeed) who think they are on top of the world. Then, they fall flat on their face, and everyone around them doesn't sound surprised.

Plus, you do NOT need 300K to raise 4 kids successfully. Want them to be rich? Raise them right, tell them to get a damn job when they reach of age, make them earn gas money, make them learn values and hard work, and let them make the moolah. You don't need 300K from JUST you(are you forgetting your husband's salary??) to adequately feed 4 kids + 2 adults, send them to good schools, etc. If you do, provide evidence, since you have none.

Why? Your thread was awesome! :cyclops:
Alright, then don't close the thread. Let's continue answering the actual question of the thread and stay on topic: pregnancy during residency.

You guys will be super bored. Anyway, argh, let's just close this thread already. Enough of this
This was already explained last time. If you think you might end up wanting to close a thread, don't start it in the first place.

This was already explained last time. If you think you might end up wanting to close a thread, don't start it in the first place.
I would like to close all the threads I made and close my account. How do I do this?

It's sad that streampaw learned nothing from 6 pages of posts and several topics. Sadly, I've seen this before. Pompous pre-meds who think they are the **** but have proved nothing(seriously, OP can't name one thing she's proven to guarantee she'll succeed) who think they are on top of the world. Then, they fall flat on their face, and everyone around them doesn't sound surprised.
What do you mean? She's in a lab doing research.

I guess I'm just gonna have to become a gold donor and donate $40.

Also, where do you guys get all the GIF's with captions?

OP reminds me of a student I tutored in Organic. Girl was the most narcissistic, neurotic person I had ever met. But she was pretty and had ridiculous grades. One day she got pissed off, threw her iphone into her macbook and broke both. Gave a sad phone call to her Dad (a doc) and got new ones... No lie

For now there is only ONE OP... God help us when there are 4....

Reactions: 1 users
I love this has reached 6 pages in a day.

I only can see the flaws from the original thinking. My parents didn't give me everything by making $180k+. They gave me everything by teaching me to work for what I want. Secondly, they set the foundation by being there all the time. My wife and I already agreed we start having kids a few years into medical school, making the sacrifices necessary- she probably wont work and we will live off of savings for a while.

I think if you remove the flaws in the thinking process then you will find a clear answer to your question.

These threads must be preserved for posterity. We cannot let them be deleted!
I love it how you guys are fighting so hard to keep my threads alive, and yet you all hate me and tell me to stop posting and "stop being a troll" when I'm actually not a troll.

notbobtrustme said:
Take all the schools in your state (unless it's a big state like California). Less than 10 in your graduating class across the state will be able to land a Dermatology residency. Can you honestly say you are that smart and that dedicated to get there? Before you answer, the answer is no.
The answer is yes. Anyone can achieve their dreams if they work hard.

Thank you
I also feel like I need to point out that if streampaw thinks that everyone can be > 2 standard deviations above the mean if they work hard enough, I don't feel too good about her her future math grades, especially if she opts for stats instead of calc (which seems like a good plan for premeds applying in 2018 or whenever she'll be applying)

I also feel like I need to point out that if streampaw thinks that everyone can be > 2 standard deviations above the mean if they work hard enough, I don't feel too good about her her future math grades, especially if she opts for stats instead of calc (which seems like a good plan for premeds applying in 2018 or whenever she'll be applying)
I already took a year of calculus and got A's. Calculus was easy and fun

OT
I've heard getting pregnant 4th year is a good call

How is it too risky? What are you risking?

Time pressure, work pressure, family pressure, boards pressure etc.

Finally someone agrees! It's sad to see so many premeds complaining "Calculus is sooo hard and sooo stupid!!! I rather take [insert biology classes that medical schools will love] than stupid calculus. And let's not get started with physics!"

I love it how you guys are fighting so hard to keep my threads alive, and yet you all hate me and tell me to stop posting and "stop being a troll" when I'm actually not a troll.

I apologize if I told you to stop posting. I think you are a complete troll, but I love trolls, and you have brought about a renaissance to SDN.

I am wondering, what is the maximum number of pregnancies one can legitimately handle, from 1-4, while graduating residency on time? Assuming that the residency is not a surgical specialty, and assuming the person can afford 4 kids.
The number of children that you could have without extending your residency would probably be one. Assuming you were back to work after 2 or 3 weeks. So probably none.

OT
I've heard getting pregnant 4th year is a good call

This is when people in my class had babies. That, and as a 2nd/3rd year resident seem to be common times to get pregnant. I have classmates who are pregnant/had a baby now as an intern...that must be brutal :O

The number of children that you could have without extending your residency would probably be one. Assuming you were back to work after 2 or 3 weeks. So probably none.

True.. although I said both of my cousins had kids during residency, I do believe both of them had to extend theirs and did not graduate on time. Hope that sticks to the point of your question Streampaw. The nice thing about you still being 18, is that you'll probably be younger than a lot of people by the time you hit residency, so your biological clock will keep ticking for a bit longer. MD/PhD will only prolong this though, so even if you have kids during that time before residency, you will have less time to spend with them during the younger years (at least that is how I see it).

This is when people in my class had babies. That, and as a 2nd/3rd year resident seem to be common times to get pregnant. I have classmates who are pregnant/had a baby now as an intern...that must be brutal :O

Yeah 4th year is kinda my plan that's when my IUD runs out anyways

What a bizarre thread this is.

Reactions: 1 users
Mouths are gross, but using cryotherapy on genital warts during Derm is not gross?

NUH UH! It's a way to minimize their appearance from those suffering from skin conditions.

Besides, OP isn't gonna do cryotherapy. Only teenager zits.

Aw man, I really need to have 4 kids, and I would be saddened if I only had 2. I guess I'm going to handle 2 kids during my PhD years and 2 kids during residency. And if I become a rich dermatologist, maybe another kid after residency

Aw man, I really need to have 4 kids, and I would be saddened if I only had 2. I guess I'm going to handle 2 kids during my PhD years and 2 kids during residency. And if I become a rich dermatologist, maybe another kid after residency

lol Math is hard yo.

Status
Not open for further replies.