This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Sabrinalovesnature

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Okay so I was inquiring about some prerequisite courses needed for Oklahoma College of Optometry and they emailed back letting me know that they do not accept applicants from outside of the US at this time. I was totally unaware that some schools didn't accept Canadian applicants. Does anyone know of any other schools that do not accept applicants from outside of the US?
 
I've been going by this list when deciding where to apply: https://opto.ca/becoming-a-doctor-of-optometry
Those are the only US schools that are recognized in Canada. I believe MCPHS also accepts Canadian students but isn't accredited yet.

The only schools I know of that don't accept Canadian applicants (or other international applicants) as Oklahoma, as you've stated and the new Kentucky College of Optometry at UPIKE but I've been focusing on applying to the accredited schools, so there could be others I'm not familiar with