Cardiology fellowship application 2019-2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How would you rank the following? Interested in EP or maybe imaging

UVA
Minnesota
Georgetown
Indiana
Wake Forest
Iowa
Rush
UMKC (U of Missouri Kansas City)

Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

Interested in interventional, how would you rank these, TYIA
LSU new orleans
University of Toledo
Marshall University

UVA
Minnesota
Georgetown
Indiana
Wake Forest
Iowa
Rush

Thanks for the help!
I would say:

georgetown
Minnesota
UVA
Iowa
Indiana
Wake forest
UMKC
rush

Members don't see this ad :)
Any one knows Uni of Cincinnati interview dates?

UVA
Minnesota
Georgetown
Indiana
Wake Forest
Iowa
Rush

Thanks for the help!

GTown if you can afford DC
Minnesota
Indiana
UVA
WF
UMKC
Iowa
Rush

What are thoughts on ranking the following, interested in interventional:

Beaumont
Colorado
Mayo Rochester
Michigan
Minnesota
Utah
Wash U

Thanks!
WashU - one of the best programs in the nation with high volumes and big names
Michigan - big volume, big names
Beaumont - has one of the best interventional fellowships
Minnesota - good volumes
Colorado - low volumes, expensive
Mayo - good if you want to be a researcher or super specialized, low autonomy from what I've heard, ? 4 year program
Utah - worse state in the nation, also low volumes, lots of tpa from what I've heard

WashU - one of the best programs in the nation with high volumes and big names
Michigan - big volume, big names
Beaumont - has one of the best interventional fellowships
Minnesota - good volumes
Colorado - low volumes, expensive
Mayo - good if you want to be a researcher or super specialized, low autonomy from what I've heard, ? 4 year program
Utah - worse state in the nation, also low volumes, lots of tpa from what I've heard

Mayo is 3 years. It’s geared towards academic cardiology.

What are your guys thoughts and how would you rank

-Baylor
- Loyola
- Emory
- Boston university
- UC Davis
- Georgetown
- Uni of Maryland

Thanks- you guys are great.

So what’s everyone’s thoughts about sending interest emails to programs that you really like which aren’t number one on the ROL? Would it help to say “ranking you highly,” but implying they’re not number one or just keep silent for these programs? I’ve heard mixed responses regarding this.

So what’s everyone’s thoughts about sending interest emails to programs that you really like which aren’t number one on the ROL? Would it help to say “ranking you highly,” but implying they’re not number one or just keep silent for these programs? I’ve heard mixed responses regarding this.

and also to add on to this question. what should I say in the email that I do send to my #1? Aside from telling them they are my top choice should I be reiterating the talking points of why they are my number 1? or simply just send a short and concise email.

Members don't see this ad :)
How would people rank these programs?
-Georgetown
-Mount Sinai (clinical track)
-Tufts
-Dartmouth

Thanks for your help!

Have programs started to reach out to applicants? Also is that truly a thing that programs call/email applicant that they are ranking them? Also is it a more common practice with smaller programs or pretty much across the board?

Have programs started to reach out to applicants? Also is that truly a thing that programs call/email applicant that they are ranking them? Also is it a more common practice with smaller programs or pretty much across the board?

I heard this from a few programs when I applied four years ago. Take anything said with a huge huge grain of salt. They are not obligated to tell the truth.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi everyone seeing what you all think about my rank order. These are by no means upper tier or even mid tier places so I don't expect a lot of the stellar applicants on here to have any clue about them but any help is appreciated.

Westchester Medical Center
Mount Sinai West-St. Lukes Roosevelt
Cooper
University of Arizona Phoenix
Rutgers NJMS
Virginia Tech(location not ideal)
Newark Beth Israel
Mount Sinai Brooklyn Hospital Program
SUNY Downstate
University of Miami JFK Medical Center

How would you rank these programs - thank you in advance

VCU
Houston Methodist
Georgetown
Montefiore
Henry Ford
Brown
Temple
UIC
Uni Miami

How would you rank these programs - thank you in advance

VCU
Houston Methodist
Georgetown
Montefiore
Henry Ford
Brown
Temple
UIC
Uni Miami

Houston Meth
Georgetown
Montefiore
Rest don’t matter as much in my opinion.

Hey guys, do any of you know when NYU will be conducting their last fellowship interview? Are there remaining interview dates? Thanks in advance and good luck, everyone!!

Hey guys, long time follower- first time poster. I was wondering what everyones insight is on newly established programs? I had the opportunity to interview at a new program who will recruit 6 incoming fellows however this is their first year. Do you feel pursuing this program has advantages? Overall, I really liked the faculty and the facility but have some concerns regarding its youth. All insight is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

and also to add on to this question. what should I say in the email that I do send to my #1? Aside from telling them they are my top choice should I be reiterating the talking points of why they are my number 1? or simply just send a short and concise email.
Thoughts on this anyone?

Thoughts on this anyone?

I think short and concise is most realistic. Expressing continued interest and maybe a short/ unique reason as to why your interest should be considered on their part when creating their ROL. Personally, I did something similar for residency and thankfully matched my top choice.

Ill try one more time...

Hi everyone seeing what you all think about my rank order. These are by no means upper tier or even mid tier places so I don't expect a lot of the stellar applicants on here to have any clue about them but any help is appreciated.

Westchester Medical Center
Mount Sinai West-St. Lukes Roosevelt
Cooper
University of Arizona Phoenix
Rutgers NJMS
Virginia Tech(location not ideal)
Newark Beth Israel
Mount Sinai Brooklyn Hospital Program
SUNY Downstate
University of Miami JFK Medical Center

Interested in interventional, how would you rank these, TYIA
LSU new orleans
University of Toledo
Marshall University

Just like you have them. Top 2 interchangeable, marshall clear 3rd

Received a last minute off the waitlist interview.... super grateful but wondering if I really have a shot at this program ? Feels likes I am just interviewing to be ranked last :/.

anyone heard of any stories of people matching despite coming off a waitlist interview ?

Received a last minute off the waitlist interview.... super grateful but wondering if I really have a shot at this program ? Feels likes I am just interviewing to be ranked last :/.

anyone heard of any stories of people matching despite coming off a waitlist interview ?
I have not, but I would take it seriously, no one calls you for an interview unless they consider you as an excellent candidate. Good Luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Interested in knowing how you guys would rank the following programs, I am interested in non invasive, possibly imaging or prevention
Beaumont
University of Michigan
Cleveland clinic
Loyola
Northwestern
UPMC
Uni Cincinnati
UIC
Montefiore/ Albert Einstein

Interested in knowing how you guys would rank the following programs, I am interested in non invasive, possibly imaging or prevention
Beaumont
University of Michigan
Cleveland clinic
Loyola
Northwestern
UPMC
Uni Cincinnati
UIC
Montefiore/ Albert Einstein

Cleveland = Michigan (depends on your goals and where you want to live > UPMC= Northwestern > Monte > everything else

Cleveland = Michigan (depends on your goals and where you want to live > UPMC= Northwestern > Monte > everything else
Thanks, I should have prefaced that I have family in Michigan and Chicago and would love to stay in those areas respectively. Thoughts on Beaumont compared to UPMC?

Anyone have any thoughts on the following / ranking. They all seem like decent places with happy fellows but can't really gauge how to rank them aside from some having in house interventional which is my goal. Im looking for decent all around training with good cath lab volume.

UT Knoxville
USC (carolina)
Medical College of Georgia aka Augusta
SLU
USouthDakota
UMiami JFK
Tulane

Is it normal to hear from programs who are ranking you high towards the end? I haven’t heard anything, barely any responses to even my thank you emails.

Thanks, I should have prefaced that I have family in Michigan and Chicago and would love to stay in those areas respectively. Thoughts on Beaumont compared to UPMC?

UPMC overall is much better than Beaumont.

Thoughts on how to rank following programs:

Kansas
UPMC
Indiana
Henry Ford
Cleveland Clinic
Beaumont
Michigan
Case Western
Iowa
Emory
Wake Forest
Washington University- Saint Louis
Ohio State

Just like you have them. Top 2 interchangeable, marshall clear 3rd
would you consider putting advocate lutheran general in Chicago above Marshall considering chicago vs huntington or the difference in training is significant enough to make Marshall worth it?

Greetings everyone,

I'm trying to figure my rank list out, but I forgot to write down the call system for Tulane University program at NOLA when I interviewed there, does anyone remember how their call system is ? (In terms of how many weekend calls and weekday calls and is it frontloaded or not)

Appreciate any help !