CC/online/summer-intensive vs post-bacc program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kayjay00

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Either route will get you to where you want to go. If money is no issue, the brand name from a Harvard may get you there easier with a good DAT. If you want to be cost effective, the other route sounds a lot cheaper and will still make you eligible for interviews and acceptances so long as you do well and have a decent DAT.

So you think it is completely possible for me to learn Chem I and II, Organic Chem I and II, and Biology II within 6 months?

Members don't see this ad :)
So you think it is completely possible for me to learn Chem I and II, Organic Chem I and II, and Biology II within 6 months?

If you're asking if it is impossible, it is not impossible. Will it be VERY challenging? Absolutely. I wouldn't recommend it. I wouldn't recommend doing a prequisited online either.

Reactions: 1 user
Is there a last call in effect for US dental schools?

Reactions: 1 user
I would check with each school at which you're planning on applying to see what their policies are on taking pre reqs online and at community colleges. Many schools either don't accept them online or from cc or maybe limit the number of credits they'll accept.

No point of rushing everything. Usually if you plan on applying for early applications, you should have started compiling your letters of recommendations and such right now. You'll want at least 1 month to study for the DAT so if you plan on taking orgo and studying for the DAT at the same time... I don't recommend it. Also I don't recommend taking anything online or through a community college especially if you hold a master's degree.