arrianym

2+ Year Member
Aug 26, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
My MCAT score is a 513 (129/130/129/125). I was expecting higher but I messed up on PsychSoc. I was scoring 128-130 on PS coming into the test, but I guess I was nervous or not focused enough on the actual MCAT.
Anyway, do you guys think that the drop in the PS score will look really bad to med schools, like I didn't study enough?

Also what do you think about my chances of getting into a decent med school, such as tufts, tulane, or drexel?

My cGPA is 3.84, my sGPA is 3.82. Some things about me: I am an undergrad in CA. I was an undergrad researcher for 2 yrs and expecting a publication (middle author), volunteer as an EMT for my school EMS, shadowed general, thyroid, colorectal surgeons for three months (gonna do a few more months of shadowing surgeons abroad), a volunteer tutor (high school students) for chemistry and biology, peer tutor for organic chemistry, have gone on multiple volunteer trips (i know that may sound like voluntourism, but ill try to explain that my particular program wasn't).

would appreciate any input!

Dr. Meliodas

2+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2017
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Your numbers are stats and extracurricular seem fine and you should have a good chance at Tufts, Tulane and Drexel
Tufts( Avg MCAT for Matriculants: 511, Avg GPA: 3.74)
Tulane (avg MCAT for Matriculatns: 509, Avg GPA: 3.56)
Drexel (avg MCAT for Matriculants: 511, Avg GPA: 3.71)

You could also look at:
Mayo
Miami
Duke

About the Ads
OP
A

arrianym

2+ Year Member
Aug 26, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
When are you applying? Which schools are you interested in?
Applying this coming cycles in May. I'm from CA so a few target schools from there such as UC Davis, Riverside, and UCLA as a reach. Mostly schools on the east coast though, such as the ones listed above. some others: rosalind franklin, albany, quinnipac, GW. still looking for more though!

do you think my unbalanced PS score on the MCAT will hurt my chances of getting into these schools?

Faha

7+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2012
Status
Attending Physician
Your PS score will have no influence on your chances. I suggest these OOS schools:
Vermont
Tufts
Quinnipiac
New York Medical College
Hofstra
Einstein
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
GW
Georgetown
Oakland Beaumont