Chances for getting into summer research?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

hotcheetos1478

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,
I'm applying for quite a few summer research programs, and I'm starting to feel a bit anxious as to whether or not I'll get anything...any feedback would be appreciated!

-Asian sophomore in an accelerated combined BS/MD program; planning on getting an MD/PhD
-cGPA=3.93, sGPA=3.88
-1 semester (so far) undergrad research (I was also in a summer research program in high school): I'm working on a pretty interesting project involving NMR spectroscopy of A-beta protein in Alzheimer's
-1 semester biology tutor
-1 semester (so far) writing tutor
-member of global medical brigades
-lifeguarding for a few years
-hopefully strong LORs from research mentor, orgo lab professor, and genetics professor

I know I'm not involved in as many extracurriculars as I could be, which is why I'm getting worried. I also included some significant extracurriculars that I was involved in from high school on my resume, but only a few of the programs need my resume. Is it a bad idea to have these in my resume?