Chances for UIC, Rosalind Franklin, Loyola (Chicago)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pvpapaioann

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I was curious at my chances at getting in this cycle to these three schools; here are my scores.

Residence: IL

cGPA: 3.91 sGPA: 3.92
MCAT: 506 (128, 123, 127, 128)

Extracurriculars: Varsity sport (captain, academic all-American, all conference, etc.), Undergrad research (336 hours, no publications), Clinical research at UofC hospitalist project (132 hours), Volunteering (84 hours), shadowing of orthopedics (65 hours), Fulbright research project in Chemistry (partnership with clinical laboratory, as we are modifying Vitamin D for uses in cancer treatments), Visiting Researcher in Graduate lab (~200 hours), TA/Tutor, various academic awards (PBK, deans list, summa cum laude).

Members don't see this ad.

Chances fine for all three! BUT, you need more volunteering experience. Yes, I know that you were an student athlete, but you still need to show that you know what you're getting into, and that you want to be around sick people for the next 40 years. Need to show off that altruism as well. Medicine is a service profession, after all.

Reactions: 1 user
Chances fine for all three! BUT, you need more volunteering experience. Yes, I know that you were an student athlete, but you still need to show that you know what you're getting into, and that you want to be around sick people for the next 40 years. Need to show off that altruism as well. Medicine is a service profession, after all.

I appreciate the feedback! Do you believe clinical volunteer is absolutely necessary to build up on my resume, or would general volunteering be at least almost as beneficial to show my altruism? Let me know if I need to rephrase that.