Citing an article accepted for publication (but not yet published)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Babbitt4MVP

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am an author in an article that was recently accepted for publication. However, the date of publication is TBD right now. One of my secondaries asks for any updated info and I thought this would be a good one to add. Does anyone know how I can cite this accepted but unpublished article?
 
I am an author in an article that was recently accepted for publication. However, the date of publication is TBD right now. One of my secondaries asks for any updated info and I thought this would be a good one to add. Does anyone know how I can cite this accepted but unpublished article?
You can write " Name of article, Babbit4MPV et al., 2017, In press"
 
@Babbitt4MVP, here are some choices (depending on the required format and total number of authors). However, most individuals will "get the idea" if you cite the article, using a different format. Your secondary should be fine.

1. For AMA style (JAMA), with less than six authors, you can write:

Smith J. Introduction to emergency medicine. Emergency Medicine. In press.

2. For APA style, you can write:

Smith, J. B., Wilson, S. T., Johnson, T. C., & Pratt, G. T. (in press). Introduction to emergency medicine. Emergency Medicine.
 
Last edited: