**class Of 2013**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I sent in my app without my first MCAT score and it was verified and completed in the time frame. When my score finally came out, I started getting secondaries. I actually got my interview with DCOM without all of my LORs being in to them after I had filled out a secondary. My invite for secondary, submitting secondary, invite for interview, and interiew all happened in like a week and a half time frame. I would have been accepted earlier than I was I think, but it took three weeks after my interview to get all my LORs into Interfolio.

BTW, Interfolio rocks. I highly suggest using either it or virtual eval to hold all of your letters. It makes things much, much easier when trying to send the LORs out. Plus you only have to ask for one letter from the letter writer and arent bugging them every week for another one. I wish I would have known about the service when I started applying. I'll try to help answer any other questions as one who has survived the app process.....

whats interfolio? just a online service that allows people to write LORs? do they feel out an eval form or something?

Members don't see this ad.

whats interfolio? just a online service that allows people to write LORs? do they feel out an eval form or something?
Not exactly. Interfolio is like a third party LOR storage facility. So lets say you had someone that you wanted to write an LOR for you tomorrow. But you arent applying until around June, and you wont be sending and letters until you start getting secondaries. But with Interfolio you print off sheet with a code number and a bar code, give it to the letter writer, and they send it in with the LOR to Interfolio. The LOR is then scanned into the database, and you get an email letting you know it is ready to go. Just make sure when you create new ones they are named very discretely, i.e., LOR - Dr. Smith, LOR- Prof. James and not just LOR1, LOR2... because you will forget who wrote what the second way.

So whats the big deal with Interfolio then? They hold your letters, big whoop, right? Yes, it is, but not until you want to send those letters out. You just log on and tell them which LORs to send where, and its done and the letters are there within a few days, not a week or three that you normally have to wait for professors and other really busy people to write you one. Some schools are even partnered up with Interfolio and the LORs can be transmitted electronically, so they get to where they are going in a matter of a few minutes after they are sent. So it bascially just simplifies everything about getting LORs out and to the schools in a timely fashion.

I dont work for them either, I just really like their product. I wish I would have known more about it when I was applying because I waited for almost 3.5 months on my Orgo prof to write me a letter and she never did. It was really frustrating, and delayed my app, but oh well. Live and learn.

I didnt realize it didnt carry over. Oh well, you live and learn right. I will just resubmit when I can.

Man, this thread moves fast...hahaha

Thank you for the warm welcome.

D

What you can do if you want is copy and paste some of your app into a Word document to save it for when you fill out the 2009 app. This would probably be most helpful for your descriptions for all your activities, work experiences, etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
What you can do if you want is copy and paste some of your app into a Word document to save it for when you fill out the 2009 app. This would probably be most helpful for your descriptions for all your activities, work experiences, etc.
Yeah the personal statement and job descriptions are all that you can really copy and paste. All the transcript stuff, and the course work and the click and choose menus will have to be done again.

you seem to be bursting with confidence! ha ha ha I wish I could have said I choose XYZ school. Good luck.... it's going to be a long process but roll tuff with da afro puff.

Thank you for the heads up...So what is everyones number one choice for D.O. school?

Mine is KCOM

KCOM was out of the question for me when i realized i would have to take biochemistry and genetics. i just have no time to fit it in.

my first choices are Western simply b/c its in southern california and that about says it all. my other top choice is DMU. the fact that its in the middle of Iowa and i still want to go there says a lot as to how much i like it :)

KCOM was out of the question for me when i realized i would have to take biochemistry and genetics. i just have no time to fit it in.

my first choices are Western simply b/c its in southern california and that about says it all. my other top choice is DMU. the fact that its in the middle of Iowa and i still want to go there says a lot as to how much i like it :)

That's KCUMB that requires both of those classes not KCOM. Unless that is they are changing it for next year. Top choices are funny because our original top choice straight out rejected us both early. Now we're really glad everything has turned out the way it has, of course still hoping AZCOM accepts me too. :)

I can agree with that, re: top choices. The schools I expected to blow me away (KCOM, KCUMB) didn't, and the schools I didn't really know much about (LECOM-Bradenton, GA-PCOM) were schools I really ended up loving.

The moral of the story is: go into it with an open mind, and then choose a member of the PCOM family.

That's KCUMB that requires both of those classes not KCOM. Unless that is they are changing it for next year. Top choices are funny because our original top choice straight out rejected us both early. Now we're really glad everything has turned out the way it has, of course still hoping AZCOM accepts me too. :)

OHHHHHH. ill be honest i dont even know which one KCOM is then.... just looked it up. if you ask me ATSUKCOM is better :)

I've read a little about the 15 or so schools I'll be applying to. Because of my situation though I plan to see WHERE I get interviews and then decide (hopefully I'll have a decision to make) whats best for me. The most valuable part will be during the interview where you actually get on the campus, interact with students, professors, etc. I plan to make the absolute most of out my trips in hopes to really see what the particular school is about (as I'm sure everyone does).

My top DO school: Where ever I get in that has the cheapest tuition. :( Loans are no bueno, although I suppose they will soon (hopefully) be my best friend. Maybe I should write a letter to a few billionaires, just to let them know that I would be more than happy to help them with any surplus of money they might have. Only out of the deepest wishes of my heart to help and be a good citizen and all. :p

My top DO school: Where ever I get in that has the cheapest tuition. :( Loans are no bueno, although I suppose they will soon (hopefully) be my best friend. Maybe I should write a letter to a few billionaires, just to let them know that I would be more than happy to help them with any surplus of money they might have. Only out of the deepest wishes of my heart to help and be a good citizen and all. :p
I would say my top 3 are OUCOM, CCOM, and PCOM

I probably could be happy anywhere though - I adapt easy.

Most of mine are based on location right now - as I start getting closer to the application process and I map out facilities, curriculum, residency match, etc. the top 3 might change.

I assure you that your top 3 are GA-PCOM, PCOM-GA, and GA-PCOM, in no particular order.

Members don't see this ad :)
although ive only visited once, i'd say im a big fan of lecom-b....love the warm weather, love the pbl pathway and am a big fan of tuition under 30K......definitly can't beat the last one

Every time I hear the term "southern gentleman", I think of Colonel Sanders.

Top o' the mornin' to ya. Or, i guess, afternoon? There aren't any medical schools that have classes starting at 12, are there? Hahaha.

Google osteobook.net and check it out. Its for osteo pre, student and so on. Its just a social networking site.
oh geez - something else to distract me from Orgo - I love it. :)

Hey all. Hopefully Hell will get exceedingly cold in the next year and I'll actually get into the 2013 class.

hey!:mad: check your Debbie Downer bags at the door - you WILL get in.

stay positive:D

Ahhhh first post!

Been lurking for a bit, figured I should get an intro out of the way.

CLASS OF 2013 WOOP!

LECOM-B or NOVA would be raaaaaaaaaad. :p

Hey all. Hopefully Hell will get exceedingly cold in the next year and I'll actually get into the 2013 class.

I'll have my ice skates out and ready. :D Welcome! Does any school in particular catch your eye?

Ahhhh first post!

Been lurking for a bit, figured I should get an intro out of the way.

CLASS OF 2013 WOOP!

LECOM-B or NOVA would be raaaaaaaaaad. :p

Yay lurkers! I did a bit of that before too. When are you going to take the MCAT?

now I need friends to help me stay distracted

a lot of 1st and 2nd year students on OB = yesssss

When I first read that I was like, "Oh wow, you even know what specialty you want to go into!" and then I was like . . .wait . . . OsteoBook, OB, I get it now. :oops:

When I first read that I was like, "Oh wow, you even know what specialty you want to go into!" and then I was like . . .wait . . . OsteoBook, OB, I get it now. :oops:

:laugh: I thought the same thing. I was like, what?? :confused:

:) actually - when I wrote it I thought, "people are going to think OB/GYN"

Yay lurkers! I did a bit of that before too. When are you going to take the MCAT?

That's so funny because I never really thought about people reading the threads but never posting. I actually went back to one of my somewhat older threads and I had around 50 replies but over 800 views!! :eek: I guess I had a :idea: moment after that. :D

That's so funny because I never really thought about people reading the threads but never posting. I actually went back to one of my somewhat older threads and I had around 50 replies but over 800 views!! :eek: I guess I had a :idea: moment after that. :D
this thread = 195 posts and 2,343 views!!

I feel like "us posters" are animals in a zoo :) haha

this thread = 195 posts and 2,343 views!!

I feel like "us posters" are animals in a zoo :) haha

Wow! I hadn't even checked. I wonder how many people are reading this right now. ;)

I am usually a grandma - but tomorrow we don't have school because of President's Day! yay for dead presidents!!

Dang! I thought I was one of the few people who stays up this late. I am the party queen! :rolleyes:

i am champion of staying up late.. 1pm to 4am is how i roll :)

All those pageviews! Hey, any lurkers out there want to give a shout out?

Awww, you get tomorrow off? Luuucky! I have class tomorrow. :( Oh well, there are worse things in life, I suppose.

You all are up late! Its only 11pm here, though, and Im heading to sleep soon (hopefully). So I can't really count myself amongst you.

Enjoy the day off tomorrow!

I'll have my ice skates out and ready. :D Welcome! Does any school in particular catch your eye?
Thanks Tepi, blondeshell for the positive words. I'm certainly planning to rock some applications, we'll see how it shakes out.

As for any particular school, well GA-PCOM is local, which is nice and the PBL at LECOM-B looks pretty cool, plus my family is from that area. Good news is if I get an interview there I can probably crash with my grandparents on Anna Maria Island, which just might be the most beautiful place on Earth. Or I'm just getting nostalgic in my old age. :laugh:

I'm not sure of the exact date yet... As early as I feel like I'm ready, I just want to get it over with! :oops:

Thanks for the welcome Blondie!

Thanks Tepi, blondeshell for the positive words. I'm certainly planning to rock some applications, we'll see how it shakes out.

As for any particular school, well GA-PCOM is local, which is nice and the PBL at LECOM-B looks pretty cool, plus my family is from that area. Good news is if I get an interview there I can probably crash with my grandparents on Anna Maria Island, which just might be the most beautiful place on Earth. Or I'm just getting nostalgic in my old age. :laugh:

Aw man, I feel so alone here on the West Coast! Is anyone else planning to be on this side of the US?:confused:

Aw man, I feel so alone here on the West Coast! Is anyone else planning to be on this side of the US?:confused:

i'm with you!!!! and i don't plan on leaving if i don't have to :)