Class of 2015... How ya doing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
After feeling like I didn't quite live up to my potential on anatomy, I totally rocked the immunology midterm today. Much needed confidence boost! Next is animal production systems on Friday. :)

(Still waiting on marks though...)

Yay!! :soexcited::clap::biglove:Glad to hear you're feeling confident and flourishing :D Go 2015!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Sweet. I got email yesterday letting me know I was going to fail a class if I didn't quit missing it ...

... except it's not an elective I signed up for.

Got my heart going, though, that's for sure.

Sweet. I got email yesterday letting me know I was going to fail a class if I didn't quit missing it ...

... except it's not an elective I signed up for.

Got my heart going, though, that's for sure.

:eek:

I would have had a heart attack.

Members don't see this ad :)
Early in undergrad (yes, I did eventually grow out of this) when I was faced with a concept in say, physics, that I didn't understand, I would give up and just memorize "where do I put the numbers" and "what is the definition." Pure regurgitation allowed me to snake by with decent grades without really learning anything.

Debate our broken education system as you wish. ;)

Now that I am forced to re-visit these concepts: a) I realize how stupid it was that I thought I could get away with not learning them, and b) it is SO satisfying to finally understand.

Partial pressures. 'Nuff said. haha

First Block Final at UC Davis = DONE!!!!

2 hours of lecture and then entering my chihuahua into the school's costume competition as "Dobby: A free Elf"

First Block Final at UC Davis = DONE!!!!

2 hours of lecture and then entering my chihuahua into the school's costume competition as "Dobby: A free Elf"

Yay first years!

I was going to enter my cat Yeti dressed up in his dog costume (yes, a costume of a dog), but (and this is for the rant thread really to be honest) he had his first bad experience with a dog two nights ago when we were out walking. Yeti was on a leash and some idiot's dog was NOT on a leash in the middle of the apartment complex and charged up and tried to attack him, REALLY freaking him out and making him super skittish for the rest of the night, which is TOTALLY out of character for him. I can't blame the dog, but I wanted to shove a hockey stick up that dumb girl's ass for that (and of course I told her that). So I don't want to overload him too soon after that. It's sad because he's always really, really loved dogs. People, if your dog is not reliable under verbal control, don't let it off leash in an area like that! What would have happened if the dog saw a squirrel or a stray cat and ran out across the road after it or something? Or ran up to a dog-aggressive leashed dog?

Last edited:
Finally got my grade back from last week's anatomy exam and I did way better than I thought I did :soexcited: It's really nice when my hard work is rewarded-it gives me lots of incentive to keep working hard! Hope everyone else is doing well!

Wow, one week without an exam and my entire work ethic goes kaput. If anyone sees my motivation lying around somewhere, please inform it that I'd like it back, and soon.

I wish this portion of anatomy was better organized! I feel like I'm not learning the horse OR the goat very well. And I have a bad feeling that I'm going to need to do super on the next anatomy exam. I guess I'll find out when we get the practical back tomorrow. :confused:

First - Holy cow I passed my histology exam. I did not see that coming and it was the best surprise ever.

Second - my motivation is also MIA. I would really like to have it back before my second histo test on Monday.

Third - A question. Everyone in my class is super supportive and really nice to one another. We all get along and even faculty has mentioned how supportive and cohesive we are. But wow are there a lot of dominant type-A personalities in one room together. Sometimes I wonder if the ad com sees this entire application process as one big social experiment. "Let's see what happens if we do this." (evil cackle.) Is anyone else's school like this? Or is this just a skewed perspective from an old non-trad who's forgotten what it's like to be stuck in a group of people all day long that are not of her choosing?

I wish this portion of anatomy was better organized! I feel like I'm not learning the horse OR the goat very well. And I have a bad feeling that I'm going to need to do super on the next anatomy exam. I guess I'll find out when we get the practical back tomorrow. :confused:
Yeah, you and everyone else. You will really learn to appreciate little miller. The goat book is just so frustrating.

Concentrate on learning the differences between horse/goat/dog. Lots of Qs on those... You don't need to know as much detail as you did on the dog exam.

Also, Orisini is not kidding about knowing the horse/goat in situ. He had a LOT of questions where you weren't allowed to touch or move the specimen. You had to recognize the structure mostly from its position so get a good feel for where things are in your head. Make sure to learn that stuff now, because the further along the dissection, the less of a chance to actually learn position!

Members don't see this ad :)
Third - A question. Everyone in my class is super supportive and really nice to one another. We all get along and even faculty has mentioned how supportive and cohesive we are. But wow are there a lot of dominant type-A personalities in one room together. Sometimes I wonder if the ad com sees this entire application process as one big social experiment. "Let's see what happens if we do this." (evil cackle.) Is anyone else's school like this? Or is this just a skewed perspective from an old non-trad who's forgotten what it's like to be stuck in a group of people all day long that are not of her choosing?

Oh yeah, we definitely have a lot of type A personalities in our class. Our class is very "intense". For example, in an immunology review yesterday in which the professor has in the past facilitated the discussion, our class completely derailed it. He usually goes over questions that will be on the exam. But this time he only got through a few because everyone in our class had super detailed specific questions (that weren't on the quiz today btw!). Our class has a lot of "gunners". Though people are starting to chill compared to the very beginning of the semester.

Also, Orisini is not kidding about knowing the horse/goat in situ. He had a LOT of questions where you weren't allowed to touch or move the specimen. You had to recognize the structure mostly from its position so get a good feel for where things are in your head. Make sure to learn that stuff now, because the further along the dissection, the less of a chance to actually learn position!

Are you usually allowed to touch or move the specimen? We're still on dog anatomy but we've never been allowed to touch anything during our practicals.

Yeah, you and everyone else. You will really learn to appreciate little miller. The goat book is just so frustrating.

Concentrate on learning the differences between horse/goat/dog. Lots of Qs on those... You don't need to know as much detail as you did on the dog exam.

I already miss little miller. I can't believe I took it for granted! A normal layout, good illustrations, color, one size font. Ughhh. :( I have the horse in situ stuff tomorrow so I'll definitely try to do a lot of that. Sometimes I wonder if I'm smart enough to do this!

We get to touch in at least 80% of our practical question! :eek:

Yes. Lots of type A here. Also lots of... awkward. I get into conversations with people where they say something mildly offensive/rude, and I am about to get all indignant, then realize that they're just awkward, and not trying to be mean to me.

It's an exercise in tolerance and relaxation for me. That's what I tell myself.

We get to touch in at least 80% of our practical question! :eek:

Omggggg that makes me so jealous! For some questions I find myself dancing around dogs in our 90 seconds to write an answer for each question, turning my head in all different ways trying to see what they want me to say. Doesn't the pinning get messed up for the other students if you're able to touch the structures during the practical?

Yeah, we aren't allowed to touch anything. The reasoning is that they want it to be as fair as possible and make sure that everyone is on the same playing field. They say that by not allowing us to touch the specimens they are making sure we are all seeing the specimen the way they want and we're all seeing it in the same way. Also, it means we have to learn how to orient ourselves with the structure from the perspective we're given. So for example, with the heart, in order to identify a pinned structure we'd have to orient ourselves with whether we were on the auricular or atrial side, etc. It makes a lot of sense to me, and I actually kind of like it this way.

Omggggg that makes me so jealous! For some questions I find myself dancing around dogs in our 90 seconds to write an answer for each question, turning my head in all different ways trying to see what they want me to say. Doesn't the pinning get messed up for the other students if you're able to touch the structures during the practical?

Do most schools work like this, where there is just a certain amount of time you're allowed at each station? I really love the way we do it here. We're given a total of 3 hours for the entire exam, the practical and the written. Half the class starts in the written exam and the other half starts in the practical. There are 60 tables set up in the lab, and there are no more than 80 people in there at one time. You have to have a clip board to enter the practical exam and there are only 80, which ensures it doesn't get too crowded. But you are allowed to allocate your 3 hours however you want. So you can divide your 3 hours however you want to between the practical and written portion. In the practical, you can go to the stations in any order, and spend as much time as you need to at each station. You can go back and recheck things, skip things and come back to them, etc. Then when you're done with whatever portion of the exam you did first, you move to the second one.

We can't touch the relatively delicate stuff, but they usually put string around arteries/nerves so it's hard to really mess it up.

So jealous, Ellie AND Chinola (but mostly Ellie because holy crap I need more time).

We get 60 seconds per station (60 stations), and then a 20 second round, which is basically useless/pointless unless you want to change the correct answer you wrote down.

We have a time limit per table (3-4 Q per table, 3 min per table) and then we get like 5 min at the end to check or change our answers, but without looking at the stations again. Also, there is a strict no-touch rule unless we are demonstrating a muscle action or pointing a structure out on dissection/radiograph.

But, we work in small groups on the practical portion. Which is unique, yes?

Do most schools work like this, where there is just a certain amount of time you're allowed at each station? I really love the way we do it here. We're given a total of 3 hours for the entire exam, the practical and the written. Half the class starts in the written exam and the other half starts in the practical. There are 60 tables set up in the lab, and there are no more than 80 people in there at one time. You have to have a clip board to enter the practical exam and there are only 80, which ensures it doesn't get too crowded. But you are allowed to allocate your 3 hours however you want. So you can divide your 3 hours however you want to between the practical and written portion. In the practical, you can go to the stations in any order, and spend as much time as you need to at each station. You can go back and recheck things, skip things and come back to them, etc. Then when you're done with whatever portion of the exam you did first, you move to the second one.

I feel like our professor would be concerned about cheating in a situation like that. At the end of the practical exam we have another 90 seconds to go back to a question that we were unsure of. This can be a bit crazy during exams when we have 40 stations set up around the whole room and 51 people are trying to go to the same "hard" ones. He has commented for us to not crowd stations and keep our clipboards to ourselves because that is a really easy opportunity to exchange answers.

But you are allowed to allocate your 3 hours however you want.

For our tests the lecture and lab exams are in a 2-hour block. You all start in lecture. You can take time in between lecture/lab to brush up on lab terms if you wish, but you have to be done by the end of the time period. We have no limits on how many people are in lab at once. Can't go back to lecture once you leave.

We generally have 40 specimens/tables to identify. 100 people in the class. So it can get a bit crowded right around the one hour mark when people are done with the written and moving into lab.

Most people are pretty polite about waiting until you're done, or moving to an empty table, or whatever. But it can get crowded, and some people get really pushy. I was standing at a table and a classmate literally walked straight into me, forcing me out of the way, so she could get a closer look. And then proceeded to do it again at the next table. It was a bit frustrating, since I was still examining the specimen and I was at the table before her. But I know her to be a pretty awesome person, so I suspect it was just her being very focused and maybe tense/anxious and oblivious. Since we don't have to do them in any particular order, I just shifted to the other side of the room. :)

I think it'd be nice if we could start on either side so it spread people out a bit more. Not sure why they don't do that, but presumably they have their reasons.

Our tests aren't particularly long (at least, compared to what I've heard at some places), but the profs definitely aren't afraid to go after tiny little details that you'd otherwise gloss over. Makes them somewhat high stress because of the relative value of each question.

But, we work in small groups on the practical portion. Which is unique, yes?

Interesting. I like it, I think. How do they ensure that any one person isn't sorta sliding by on the coattails of a classmate? Randomly assign groups? Pick your own?

We had three tiny little anatomy quizzes in our first week that were like that. But they weren't "real" (they were just for clinical skills and covered the bare basics of body parts so we could get going with large animal clinicals) tests. But all our regular anatomy stuff is individual.

We were allowed to touch most specimens. If one was particularly delicate there would be a no touch sign on it. We could allocate our time in the practical however we wanted. There was a limit of how many people could be at a station though and if there were already 2 people there you had to wait for someone to leave. There were a lot of teachers / TA's around to make sure we behaved and lots of instructions about keeping things covered, stepping away from the table to write your answers down, etc.

I feel like our professor would be concerned about cheating in a situation like that. At the end of the practical exam we have another 90 seconds to go back to a question that we were unsure of. This can be a bit crazy during exams when we have 40 stations set up around the whole room and 51 people are trying to go to the same "hard" ones. He has commented for us to not crowd stations and keep our clipboards to ourselves because that is a really easy opportunity to exchange answers.

It's an Honor Code violation to study between the two segments of the exam, so nobody even spoke in the halls as we moved from the lab to the lecture hall or vice versa.

we can touch unless the station specifically says not to. this typically leads to at least a few tags, strings and pins being misplaced and a lot of rubbed off chalk (why you need to touch the chalked part of the bone is beyond me, i cant imagine how it's helpful). we get a minute per station with 50 test questions and about 30 "rest" stations since we have 78 people. there is a 10 minute review period at the end where you can go back to any station you want. lab is in the morning, lecture is during class in the afternoon (except when it's flipped for midterms/finals).

Dr. Pasquini is really laid back about it all. he's strict about actual cheating but its easily designed for cheating to occur (although i doubt it does because we've all heard stories about how the girl who cheated failed in the past).

we can touch unless the station specifically says not to. this typically leads to at least a few tags, strings and pins being misplaced and a lot of rubbed off chalk (why you need to touch the chalked part of the bone is beyond me, i cant imagine how it's helpful).

I touch everything I'm allowed to, but our bones aren't chalked, they're actually permanently marked. Since we're allowed to touch such a large portion of the stuff they're testing us one, they tell us that if anything slips at all, we should let someone know. Instructors are spaced fairly evenly through the lab so it's never difficult to get someone's attention. It hasn't been a problem for me yet anyway.

We have had bones in socks! We could touch those.

The groups were part of your randomly assigned group for exams 1 and 2. They will be totally random for 3, 4, and 5. The final is based on your score on the individual portions.

So far, our class is pretty low key (to the point that one of the second years constantly says she wants to be with our class because she doesn't like hers :laugh:). I could probably count the known over-the-top-need-to-beat-everyone-else people on one hand (or one finger, actually). If there are other gunners, they're being very quiet about it. I have no idea if that will change once our midterm marks start coming back. At this point, we have no grades on anything, so no one can compare themselves to anyone else.

For anatomy exams, we're split into two groups. The first group does the written part first upstairs and the second group does the practical part downstairs first. After an hour and a half, we switch. The practical is 60 questions (10 were radiography, a few were isolated bones, the rest were cadavers). There's 30 stations with 2 questions at each station. There's allowed to be no more than 2 people at any one station at a time. As long as we're done within the hour and a half, we can spend as much time as we want at any one station or go back to a station as many time as possible. I really like that aspect of it. I think if I knew I only had x minutes to look at something, I'd get really stressed out. We can touch whatever we want as long as it doesn't say otherwise (I think there was only one thing we weren't allowed to touch on the midterm). Nothing seemed to get destroyed. I think one pin had to be put back in, but that was it.

I touch everything I'm allowed to, but our bones aren't chalked, they're actually permanently marked. Since we're allowed to touch such a large portion of the stuff they're testing us one, they tell us that if anything slips at all, we should let someone know. Instructors are spaced fairly evenly through the lab so it's never difficult to get someone's attention. It hasn't been a problem for me yet anyway.

thats exactly how ours works too :) we just get teased by the professor for ruining stations or rubbing off the chalk (last exam a student accidentally pulled the tag off during the 1st station and the professor couldnt remember what it was so he had to create a new one :laugh:)

Ugly practical was very, very ugly.

Not at all coincidentally, my work ethic seems to be back. :oops:

So we had a chance to look over our anatomy exams today and while I was looking over the practical portion I noticed that the grader had missed marking on wrong that I'd actually gotten wrong. I felt bad not saying anything so I told the teacher. She thanked me for being honest and took my paper to fix the grade-aka take off one point. I know it's only one point but I was right on the edge of grades (and definitely on the side I wanted to be on) and losing that one point took me down half a letter grade on the exam. I feel good having done the right thing but it still stings.

Also, in my animal behavior class we did a worksheet during our lab the other day that the teacher had us keep until the exam so we could study off it. I kept it in the front pocket of my binder. Well, I went home this weekend and went with my mom on her home-care appointments and took the binder to study. When I went to the exam yesterday, I looked for the paper and it was missing-along with several other papers that were in the pocket. So I'm guessing they fell out in my mom's car =( I emailed her to check for me, but regardless my paper is late. Meanwhile, I'm pretty sure I passed the animal behavior exam but I know I didn't do my best. Sigh.

Ugly practical was very, very ugly.

Not at all coincidentally, my work ethic seems to be back. :oops:

Yeah. I definitely spoke too soon about the "only one person cried!" thing. I saw several people crying when I went up to get my exam. Orsini was hugging them and telling them that it wasn't the end of the world. He's such a nice man. I did ok. Definitely a lower grade than I'm used to, but I didn't bomb it:thumbdown:

So we had a chance to look over our anatomy exams today and while I was looking over the practical portion I noticed that the grader had missed marking on wrong that I'd actually gotten wrong. I felt bad not saying anything so I told the teacher. She thanked me for being honest and took my paper to fix the grade-aka take off one point. I know it's only one point but I was right on the edge of grades (and definitely on the side I wanted to be on) and losing that one point took me down half a letter grade on the exam. I feel good having done the right thing but it still stings.
Sigh.
That is ridiculous. I've TA'ed and would never consider lowering someone's grade once it was graded. Sorry you were punished for your honesty.

That is ridiculous. I've TA'ed and would never consider lowering someone's grade once it was graded. Sorry you were punished for your honesty.

Yeah, I mean, I DID expect to get docked-I told her about it, after all-but it stinks. I would expect a teacher to change a grade if it were graded wrong and I'd actually gotten something right, so why not when it was graded wrong but I'd gotten it wrong?

Mostly I'm just hoping somehow I've put good Karma out into the universe that will come in handy someday ;)

I would expect a teacher to change a grade if it were graded wrong and I'd actually gotten something right, so why not when it was graded wrong but I'd gotten it wrong?

Yup. Fair works both ways - why should you get a higher grade than you actually earned?

Anyway, mega huge karma points for that, EG. Impressive ethic. I hope I'd be big enough to do the same thing.

Yeah. I definitely spoke too soon about the "only one person cried!" thing. I saw several people crying when I went up to get my exam. Orsini was hugging them and telling them that it wasn't the end of the world. He's such a nice man. I did ok. Definitely a lower grade than I'm used to, but I didn't bomb it:thumbdown:

I get the sense that the people who are saying "eh, it was okay," are pretty much the people who rocked it (once the end of course curve is taken into account). Kudos. I bombed it. Fortunately, I was prepared for that, since I can usually tell walking out of an exam roughly how I did on it. So I'd been mentally preparing myself for a while, but it still sucked. I didn't cry, but I kinda . . .
:uhno: . . . :( . . . :whoa:
I think Dr. Dobson was mildly amused.

I get the sense that the people who are saying "eh, it was okay," are pretty much the people who rocked it (once the end of course curve is taken into account). Kudos. I bombed it. Fortunately, I was prepared for that, since I can usually tell walking out of an exam roughly how I did on it. So I'd been mentally preparing myself for a while, but it still sucked. I didn't cry, but I kinda . . .
:uhno: . . . :( . . . :whoa:
I think Dr. Dobson was mildly amused.

I don't want to scare you or anyone in your class. But I think it is good for you guys to know that anatomy doesn't actually get curved much. I think ours was "curved" by a couple points, but definitely not like what some of the professors were saying. It seems the professors always talk about it being curved but if you talk to upperclassman it really isn't that much. You should do fine though. There is a big opportunity to pull your grade up 3rd quarter. Just don't rely on getting a huge curve to get the grade you want or to pass the course.

So basically, the curve talk is what they tell us to make us not quit? Fantastic. Oh, well. I'm sticking to my strategy of trying not to do significantly worse than the majority of the class.

Haven't been on here in awhile but thought I'd procrastinate studying for biochem. I'm right there with you Pooter! I absolutely crashed and burned on that exam--and I knew as soon as I walked out of the test that that had happened. Didn't cry in front of Orsini or anything but definitely :smack: I'm a bit afraid I can't come back from this...sigh...class of 2016 here I come...

So basically, the curve talk is what they tell us to make us not quit? Fantastic. Oh, well. I'm sticking to my strategy of trying not to do significantly worse than the majority of the class.

Good strategy!!

I think the professors say that so students don't freak out after the first exam (many people fail the first exam). It is possible to pull your grade up though so there is no reason to stress.

Summary for below:
Focus on 1) chalk talks 2) Mo's talk 3) Dyce

What got me through the second exam was relying on my chalk talk notes (seriously 50% of the exam), know your chalk talk notes 100%. The second big help was Mo. Has Mo done the "horse talk" to you guys yet? It was kind of an unofficial thing. He started helping my anatomy group with this talk and then all of the sudden every anatomy group wanted to hear his talk. If you see him around ask him to give a mini lecture on the horse like he did last year. He'll help you visualize everything in situ, explain the junctions and show how to recognize them, give you tips on the "trick" questions orsini likes to give (all together 30% of the exam). I basically focused on these things and passed lol The books suck. I only used them as reference. Dyce is awesome for LA, use it.

The curve is different from year to year. Our class did abnormally well so we had a 3 point curve. Other classes in the past have been curved more! Rumor has it that a certain professor went a little overboard this year because he no longer gets to write lab questions in another class. So maybe you guys will have a lower average and get a better curve - it's too soon to tell.

My advice is really different from Blackat's but I'll give it because different people learn differently. Mine is: get in the lab room and study. The horse and goat book are godawful and you need to be in the lab looking at the specimens to learn everything. My friend last year failed the first anatomy test. So she and I spent one hour in lab every day after school, and several hours every weekend, until anatomy was over, and she passed the class (with or without a curve). There is really no way around just being in the lab looking at and feeling the specimens.
I hated Dyce and only opened it for the pictures which as you know are on the exam. I did not read little Miller unless I was in the lab. The Mo talks are only for the extra credit so I wouldn't go crazy over them. The chalk talks are important though.
Don't give up - just keep working :)

y'all are making me question making Penn my top choice for school right now :lame:

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing! Is Penn "tougher" than other programs? Did you drop out or something StartingOverVet? Or is this just because everyone has recently taken an anatomy exam from hell or something?

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing! Is Penn "tougher" than other programs? Did you drop out or something StartingOverVet? Or is this just because everyone has recently taken an anatomy exam from hell or something?

Penn isn't necessarily tougher but they seem to cover anatomy at like three or four times the speed the rest of the programs do. I think they cover the entire dog in 6 weeks and then have an exam over all of it.

SOV didn't drop out - he had to drop a year back due to medical problems.

The curve is different from year to year. Our class did abnormally well so we had a 3 point curve. Other classes in the past have been curved more! Rumor has it that a certain professor went a little overboard this year because he no longer gets to write lab questions in another class. So maybe you guys will have a lower average and get a better curve - it's too soon to tell.

My advice is really different from Blackat's but I'll give it because different people learn differently. Mine is: get in the lab room and study. The horse and goat book are godawful and you need to be in the lab looking at the specimens to learn everything. My friend last year failed the first anatomy test. So she and I spent one hour in lab every day after school, and several hours every weekend, until anatomy was over, and she passed the class (with or without a curve). There is really no way around just being in the lab looking at and feeling the specimens.
I hated Dyce and only opened it for the pictures which as you know are on the exam. I did not read little Miller unless I was in the lab. The Mo talks are only for the extra credit so I wouldn't go crazy over them. The chalk talks are important though.
Don't give up - just keep working :)

I agree. All of my advice was meant to be used in lab on the specimens (not just reading it). Also, I wasn't talking about the extra credit Mo talks. The horse talk was an unofficial Mo talk and it basically went over everything you need to know in the thorax and abdomen of the horse (it was about 30 min long and "hands on"). Sorry if my advice was confusing

I have no idea if Penn is "tougher" than other programs, but I don't think the dropout rate is particularly high. Last year 4 people failed anatomy, the year before 1 person failed anatomy. Of the 4 people last year, 1 didn't study much, 1 was sick for an exam and was told they had to take it anyway, 1 had some issues with stress in the practicals, and then me.

Remediation is an option for those who fail only 1 class in the year and do not score below a certain point. 3 of the 5 in the last 2 year were eligible for remediation and all 3 passed the re-exam. In fact, I think only 1 person in the last 10 or 15 years has failed the re-exam.

I did not drop out of school. As mentioned I am on medical leave, and I believe that my condition has affected my memory, so some of my struggles last year could have been due to my medical problem. Hoping that surgery will make me better than new! Who knows, maybe vet school will be easy next year? Ok maybe not:laugh:.

Honestly, 122 people passed anatomy. It is not impossible. But it is the hardest class for many people.

Hang in there Pennwe's. Keep up the good study habits and the next two should be better. My grade improved on each exam I took!

StartingOverVet-I had surgery myself last year. It took a long time to heal, but now that it's coming up on the 1-year anniversary of the surgery, I'm really doing well and am so glad I did it. I hope your surgery goes well for you, too, and that vet school will be at least easier next year. I know that when you're in pain everything is so much harder. Best of luck!

Penn's anatomy stuff sounds terrifying to me, yet I think we have a higher failure rate, usually around 10%?

There have been some recent changes made to the curriculum to blunt that, though, so my experience is probably not representative of previous years.

I suck at anatomy and do OK. Mizzou just seems less "intense" about it, I think. Programs are all different, yet all lead to the same end.