Class of 2026... how you doin'?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is it me or is molecular biology the most boring class in the world… Struggling to pay attention 😩

Members don't see this ad.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Is it me or is molecular biology the most boring class in the world… Struggling to pay attention 😩
Yeahhhh, NGL I wasn't super engaged in that class...

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Just got our first quarter grades back, and I'm ready to cry tears of joy. I did so much better than I thought

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Have my anatomy final tomorrow - I’m so anxious but I’ll finally be free of it 🥹❤ My mind cannot physically hold anymore information.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
I passed my OSCEs and don’t have to remediate them! Truly a bright spot in what’s been an extremely difficult first semester.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Don’t know about other schools, but we’re in neurology now. All these dang pathways are going to be the death of me. But I have really enjoyed learning how to do neuro exams

We're not quite there yet, but I know I will dread all of those pathways too. My school started us off easy for the first quarter and pretty much adds an entire class to each quarter in the first year. This quarter we have anatomy, physiology, public health, practice of vet med, immunology, and this pointless class that all professional students (like dental, DO, etc.) have to take. We're currently doing hindlimb anatomy and renal physiology. I thought I would hate learning the limbs, but lab makes it fun. In PVM we're doing equine stuff this quarter, which is also fun since most of my pre vet experiences are SA/exotics.
I'm finding it hard to focus post Thanksgiving break / with winter break coming up so soon, but I'm enjoying school so much more this quarter :)

Don’t know about other schools, but we’re in neurology now. All these dang pathways are going to be the death of me. But I have really enjoyed learning how to do neuro exams
Felt this. Neuro final Monday.

Members don't see this ad :)
TFW you get food poisoning the day before your anatomy practical final :help:

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Also I am D-O-N-E with thinking, which is unfortunate given how many exams I have left for the semester. But hey, did unexpectedly well on my OSCE despite literally reading the wrong line on the refractometer! The only thing my brain can manage to do is watch reruns of Supernatural and Star Trek...

• Care
Also I am D-O-N-E with thinking, which is unfortunate given how many exams I have left for the semester. But hey, did unexpectedly well on my OSCE despite literally reading the wrong line on the refractometer! The only thing my brain can manage to do is watch reruns of Supernatural and Star Trek...

I’m right there with you I had covid last week and have been sucked back into how to get away with murder. Just another 2 weeks…

I’m right there with you I had covid last week and have been sucked back into how to get away with murder. Just another 2 weeks…
I finally caught COVID at the beginning of November right before I returned from medical leave, and the fatigue was HORRIBLE! That combined with medication side effects and surgery recovery made the first few weeks of school, uh, VERY interesting...

I finally caught COVID at the beginning of November right before I returned from medical leave, and the fatigue was HORRIBLE! That combined with medication side effects and surgery recovery made the first few weeks of school, uh, VERY interesting...

I technically had covid before but it was so mild compared to this last time! I kept telling my boyfriend it was payback for saying I never get sick ugh. The kicker of me never getting that sick is all my cold medicine was expired so it was an interesting week to say the least lol

Grades for fall semester were released this morning. I’m so happy to know that I’m officially 1/8th of a veterinarian! Yay! :soexcited: I feel like I can finally relax for the remainder of winter break now haha!

I hope everyone else is able to take some time for themselves during the holiday season ❤️ 😃

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Grades for fall semester were released this morning. I’m so happy to know that I’m officially 1/8th of a veterinarian! Yay! :soexcited: I feel like I can finally relax for the remainder of winter break now haha!

I hope everyone else is able to take some time for themselves during the holiday season ❤️ 😃
Congrats!! Our grades are not released until January 31!! The joys of the Irish educational system!!

Honestly feeling really grateful to have gotten through this semester. I'm slowly coming to terms with having a long road ahead in the spring academically despite somehow managing to do better on many finals than other exams throughout the year.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
I can’t believe classes start back up tomorrow! I’m both excited and a wee bit nervous for this upcoming semester (especially the more I stare at our exam schedule 😳 but just gotta keep reminding myself that it’ll be ok!)

What classes are you guys taking? For spring semester we have anatomy II, physiology II, immunology, neuro, nutrition, gen path +/- electives.

Even in undergrad I always preferred spring over fall semester. Maybe it’s due to the fact that we don’t have to deal with the *~eternal darkness~* (daylight savings time) and SAD, in addition to almost nonstop grind for 3/4 of the semester until Thanksgiving break then it’s finals before you know it and your brain is just KO’d 😵

Reactions: 5 users
Hope you have a great first day back!

I have the same emotions - I just finished my first week back. I'm nervous and overwhelmed, but I enjoy being in the routine again. We have a quarter system so I'm still in the same classes that started after Thanksgiving- anatomy II, physiology II, public health, immunology, practice of vet med II, and interdisciplinary medicine II. They really amped up the exams and projects this quarter, but I'm doing okay... I think 😅

Winter quarter will be over at the end of February and then our next one starts in March. I'll be taking clinical anatomy, physiology III, parasitology, pharmacology I, practice of vet med III, and interdisciplinary medicine III. Happy to still have physiology and anatomy, they've been my favorite classes so far 😊

The days are long but the weeks go by so darn fast. I'm amazed I've been in classes since August, it hasn't felt that long. Spring and summer breaks will be here before we know it! Do you guys have your summer plans figured out already?

I can’t believe classes start back up tomorrow! I’m both excited and a wee bit nervous for this upcoming semester (especially the more I stare at our exam schedule 😳 but just gotta keep reminding myself that it’ll be ok!)

What classes are you guys taking? For spring semester we have anatomy II, physiology II, immunology, neuro, nutrition, gen path +/- electives.

Even in undergrad I always preferred spring over fall semester. Maybe it’s due to the fact that we don’t have to deal with the *~eternal darkness~* (daylight savings time) and SAD, in addition to almost nonstop grind for 3/4 of the semester until Thanksgiving break then it’s finals before you know it and your brain is just KO’d 😵
We started last week, but I’m currently taking repro, cardiology, musculoskeletal, later large animal anatomy, renal, respiration, nutrition, and radiology.

We start back on the 17th. I'll have anatomy, physiology, histology, imaging, neurobiology, imaging, clinical correlations, and in the second quarter of the semester I'll also have nutrition. For electives I'll have conservation ecosystem health the first quarter and equine veterinary husbandry the second quarter.

gosh so many of you haven’t started back up yet 🥹 first exam of the semester is in 10 days for me haha someone else from MS State might have already shared in here but we’re in pathology, parasitology, pharmacology, and anatomy II currently, and we start epidemiology and infectious agents II in a few weeks. already having more fun this semester than last

eta: also professional development III but that’s only 2 weeks long

Started back at LIU on Monday and we have 8 classes this semester. Anatomy II, Physiology II, Parasitology, Nutrition, General Pathology, Research Topics, Vet Skills II, & Integrations II.

Has anyone lost any classmates due to academics from fall semester? I’m so bummed out! I knew it could happen but didn’t expect to come back to class today and find out we lost a few!

As far as classes we’re in Anatomy II, Systems II (this is a hybrid microanatomy and physiology course), Clinical Pathology I, Immunology, Epidemiology, Bacteriology & Mycology, Clinical Skills II, +/- electives

• Care
Has anyone lost any classmates due to academics from fall semester? I’m so bummed out! I knew it could happen but didn’t expect to come back to class today and find out we lost a few!

Thankfully no, we didn’t lose anyone to academics ! One dropped for personal reasons and everyone else is still pushing through One of my biggest pros for my program is how much the faculty want you to succeed and I’m so happy they do.

Reactions: 3 users
Mizzou recently started a deceleration program for first year. I think it’s if you get Ds in 2 classes in the fall, they allow you to take half the course load in the spring, then join the next class to retake the fall courses, and take the other half in the spring. We lost 1 to that, one for a medical leave, and one other student. I had close friends very close to the chopping block after finals, and I’m really glad we still have them

• Care
I made it through my first semester okay. But Cardio tankedd my gpa. It's okay. Doesn't matter. :heckyeah:

I am so excited to start my second semester tomorrow. We won't get our first semester grades until Jan 31. Fingers crossed!!

This semester we have reproduction, food animal breeding, nutrition, digestive physiology, abdomen and pelvis and locomotion. I am very excited to spend time on the farm and do practicals for nutrition (body condition scoring of livestock) and breeding (herd management, breeding and pregnancy checks on cows). Also, the Farm Animal Vet Society will be doing an AI workshop!! Should be an interesting semester!!

Anatomy + neuroanatomy exams next week = I am very stressed, especially since the first anatomy exam of the year was rough. I am prepared for a very long week, but fortunately I got to take the afternoon today to enjoy myself outside of school.

• Care
Anatomy + neuroanatomy exams next week = I am very stressed, especially since the first anatomy exam of the year was rough. I am prepared for a very long week, but fortunately I got to take the afternoon today to enjoy myself outside of school.
U got this!!!

Had my last final today!! 2/3 of the way done with first year :banana:

Spring break is so needed. I missed all the extra snuggles with my pets from not sleeping much

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
I was wondering what everyone thoughts were on the CSU anatomy of a dog program vs the one on VIN for studying anatomy. From my understanding the CSU one is now $40/year. Is it worth paying more or can you basically get the same quality on VIN? Thanks in advance!

I believe @TheGirlWithTheFernTattoo used the VIN one and liked it (iirc). I think she might’ve used the CSU one too. I bought the CSU one and didn’t use it much and I thought I would. It was nice, but I learned better actually looking at the cadaver in person. I tried the VIN one once or twice but didn’t stick with it.

I was wondering what everyone thoughts were on the CSU anatomy of a dog program vs the one on VIN for studying anatomy. From my understanding the CSU one is now $40/year. Is it worth paying more or can you basically get the same quality on VIN? Thanks in advance!

While I haven’t personally tried the csu program I will say I ended up pretty successful in small animal anatomy by using VIN and UMN CVM online resources in addition to what was provided in class but $40 sounds reasonable if you think it will make a difference for you!

I believe @TheGirlWithTheFernTattoo used the VIN one and liked it (iirc). I think she might’ve used the CSU one too. I bought the CSU one and didn’t use it much and I thought I would. It was nice, but I learned better actually looking at the cadaver in person. I tried the VIN one once or twice but didn’t stick with it.

I used both VIN and CSU. I think the VIN models have changed a little since I was in first year since that was 4-5 years ago now.

CSU I liked more, just because it was real images of real cadavers and thus more easily comparable to my cadaver I worked with in lab and on exams. The thing that I liked more about VIN was the ability to move things around while having a 3D view; it allowed me to see how things interacted and attached in a way that I couldn't on the CSU program. However, since the images were drawings things didn't always match up perfectly with my cadaver and I would occasionally continue to have a hard time identifying it on the cadaver itself. I thought they complimented each other well, and I would probably buy CSU again if I could do it all over. $40 was well work the benefits I got from it.

First time failing a test in vet school :( it was only the first exam of the semester so there's room to bring the grade up to passing, just not feeling great.

• Care
First time failing a test in vet school :( it was only the first exam of the semester so there's room to bring the grade up to passing, just not feeling great.
I know how you feel, I failed my second exam last semester in the beginning of the semester. It was super stressful the entire semester to be thinking about how I needed to do on the next exams. I would say to focus on being better for the next ones but try not to let yourself think about it all the time. The stress before each exam was not helpful.
I know you can do it! Take the weekend to regroup for sure!

• Care
1 month exactly until my last final... Already know it's going to feel like the longest and fastest month at the same time.

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
1 month exactly until my last final... Already know it's going to feel like the longest and fastest month at the same time.
Ik!! Cant believe we’re almost done with first year. It flew by.

Only three more weeks for my first year! Super nervous for finals and those start next Friday (28th)... I am hoping they do well and I am super excited to go back home. Island life y'all.

I'm so burned out. This semester was tough. 3 more weeks for me, but oh boy... Im finishing my second round of midterms tomorrow and then I have to take 7 exams on finals week (May 8- May 11).

• Care
@justafluff hope your last day of midterms goes well :) you got this! Do it for the fluffs

I gave 2 finals left then I get to read and lounge by the pool all I want 😎 ….. until my internship starts 🤪

• Love