Class of 2015!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
But Mom, I don't wanna go to school tomorrow! :(

Cougs, what's the new favorite specialty?
Me neither:(

OB Anesthesia. Bam.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
+1

School starts, it's cold and dark. There is no God.

So how was everyone's first day back?

Members don't see this ad :)
3rd page bump. Get some sunshine while it's out there folks/

8yWjF.jpg

Last edited:
3rd page bump. Get some sunshine while it's out there folks/

The temperatures in my neck of the woods is ridiculous. It's like Mother Nature overheard us teasing the out-of-towners about how cold it gets here in the winter and decided to go "neener neener neener."

If it's dry, wet it.
If it's wet, dry it.
If you don't know what it is, use a steroid.

K, done studying for my derm exam tomorrow. :p

That test friggin' blew, but I passed! Not by much but P=MD, right?

I told the hubster he has to take me out to dinner tonight. Nowhere too fancy. Yay!

Booooo exams!
Yaaayy out to dinner!

I'm eating a whole bag of frozen peas. This, my friends, is what studying during medical school has come to. (or, I'm too lazy to make/buy something else)

Once you embrace pass/fail, life becomes much better.

I wish we were pass/fail :(

So I just choose to live my life like it's pass fail. Except for this block... I must do well in at least one class.

Booooo exams!
Yaaayy out to dinner!

I'm eating a whole bag of frozen peas. This, my friends, is what studying during medical school has come to. (or, I'm too lazy to make/buy something else)

I feel ya. I'm so sick of cereal. :mad:

You guys make me want to start a blog just for cooking and cleaning tips for students. There are so many good, EASY meals you can make. Embrace the crock pot.

Example: Buy a roaster chicken, 1-2 onions, a bag of small potatoes (reds, mini golds, etc.) and a bag of baby carrots. Peel and cut the onions into 8ths, and put them and the carrots in the bottom of the slow cooker. Rinse off the chicken (make sure you take the giblets out, if they have them!) and put it on top of the carrots and onions, sprinkle it with salt and pepper, and any other spice you like (poultry seasoning, garlic powder, paprika, etc.). Rinse off a bunch of potatoes, cut them in half (don't bother peeling them) and lay them around the chicken. Cover and cook all day on low.

The prep work takes no more than 20-30 minutes. Set this up in the morning before you leave for class and come home to a real dinner. It cooks all day without you having to do a damn thing and you have at least 4 full meals (for one person). Goes great with a roll or fresh bread for the juices.

Last edited:
Well, truthfully I won't have much cleaning advice unless people don't know how to do laundry, LOL. I use vinegar for a LOT of things. Our downstairs is laminate wood and that's the best way to clean it. It also works on tile, laminate counter tops, appliances, etc. There's a way to use it on carpets but I haven't tried it yet.

Embrace the crock pot.

I tried the crockpot thing. Here's how it goes:

Isoprop - "Let's make food for the entire week."
*Cooks food in crock pot on Sunday.*
*Food finished by Wednesday.*
Isoprop - "How come my jeans don't fit anymore?"

:thumbup:

my mom does that all the time: throw the ingredients and spices into the pot in the morning, come back after work to eat the finished product. *logs off to google crock pot prices*

Odds are your mom gets a 20% off BB&B coupon in the mail almost every week. Ask her for one and buy it there, if there's one near you. :)

This is the one we have now: http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=18067536&RN=72&. We had a smaller one before but a few things on it broke and we've outgrown it. The one we have now fits that roaster chicken I posted about above nicely.