Class of 2015!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
cougs, my lychees arrived and they taste...like magic, or something, i don't really know how to describe it...like fruit from the garden of eden :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

Officially done with first semester of med school! :cool:

Nice. Congrats. I still have 9 more days of BS until Christmas break.

On a side note, I want to play this indie RPG game soooo bad. I gotta wait until after finals to play it.

sgttm.png

Trailer:
[YOUTUBE]sqkJuSV-23U[/YOUTUBE]

Gameplay is only 4.5 hours... hmm maybe I can finish this sometime next week.

Members don't see this ad :)
She kept asking if she could eat them, but she didn't give me a hard time when I said no. The party is tomorrow.

We don't have a test until 2 weeks after winter break.. one more week of class until break starts officially... Yep, I think I'll do absolutely jack this week. :cool:

#failingoutafterbreak :scared:

cougs, my lychees arrived and they taste...like magic, or something, i don't really know how to describe it...like fruit from the garden of eden :cool:
mmmmm...food magic:)

My mommy sent me fruit in the mail today. It is no lychees....but it is still pretty awesome.

My holiday gift to you all:

[YOUTUBE]2Fe11OlMiz8[/YOUTUBE]

Members don't see this ad :)
Man, those are some delicious looking fingers.

Edit: oh yeah, and those cupcakes look good too.

Could you taste the rainbow? :laugh:
128884085801018311.jpg

P.S. why do birghtly multicolored things just look like they taste better than not rainbow colored stuff? Would you rather eat:
Pancake_Stack.jpg

Or:
6a00e551040fb78834012877658b86970c-500wi.jpg

5 months into medical school, and wikipedia (despite not going in-depth enough on many topics) has only listed two small statements that have been incorrect. Yet teachers still freak out when they see you using it as a tertiary source to give you a quick overview...

5 months into medical school, and wikipedia (despite not going in-depth enough on many topics) has only listed two small statements that have been incorrect. Yet teachers still freak out when they see you using it as a tertiary source to give you a quick overview...

Let the professors bug out. Wikipedia is a good source for scientific information, because you have people who actually know the material and are passionate about it editing it. For political or historical stuff, it may not be the best. But it's hard to dispute the biomedical information there when people cite properly to good primary source articles.

I've had numerous residents and attendings suggest looking at wikipedia for a quick overview if you don't understand something, especially when you're at a preceptorship or something, or even for class; and go to the textbooks at home if you need more info.

p.s. Why do birghtly multicolored things just look like they taste better than not rainbow colored stuff?

SUN WANTS MACARONS

Let the professors bug out. Wikipedia is a good source for scientific information, because you have people who actually know the material and are passionate about it editing it. For political or historical stuff, it may not be the best. But it's hard to dispute the biomedical information there when people cite properly to good primary source articles.

I've had numerous residents and attendings suggest looking at wikipedia for a quick overview if you don't understand something, especially when you're at a preceptorship or something, or even for class; and go to the textbooks at home if you need more info.

'zactly.

I'm baking again. I just can't stop.

This time I'm making red velvet cupcakes to bring to workshop tomorrow.

I wore my stethoscope to the grocery store.

I didn't realize it was still around my neck because I was wearing my coat, and I had just left my mentor's office.

:whistle:

one of my classmates found in the CN XII article a part where they said that the hypoglossal and glossopharyngeal nerves were different names for the same nerve :p she edited it, though

I won't lie - I'm fairly sure at least 50% of my education is coming from wikipedia. and I know the same can be said of my classmates :p

one of my classmates found in the CN XII article a part where they said that the hypoglossal and glossopharyngeal nerves were different names for the same nerve :p she edited it, though

I won't lie - I'm fairly sure at least 50% of my education is coming from wikipedia. and I know the same can be said of my classmates :p

:laugh: my classmate said: "why are we paying $50-80k/year for the privilege of teaching ourselves off of wikipedia?"

No joke, me too. Wiki is great for a quick look at something.

Passed our final! Yay for Christmas break!

:laugh: my classmate said: "why are we paying $50-80k/year for the privilege of teaching ourselves off of wikipedia?"
wikipedia.edu
No joke, me too. Wiki is great for a quick look at something.

Passed our final! Yay for Christmas break!
Congrats, I'm jelly. I have a test tomorrow and another on Friday that I'm struggling to find motivation to study for.

Congrats, I'm jelly. I have a test tomorrow and another on Friday that I'm struggling to find motivation to study for.

Feelin' ya, Daisy. Test Friday and next Monday for me. Then FINALLY a much needed two-week break.

Good luck to those of you who still have exams!

I will say this, though - I'm pretty sure there's an inverse relationship between asking questions in class and using wikipedia. As soon as a prof says something that makes no sense to us, instead of everyone asking questions... we just look it up on wikipedia and figure it out ourselves. My class almost never asks questions, and I'm pretty sure wikipedia is the reason why. Woo

Last edited:
bump; also, here is the funniest thing I've seen on reddit today and I don't know who else to share it with except my anonymous internet friends :shrug:
yG5u8.jpg
:laugh: Too funny.

on an unrelated note:
Things I learn from school: "I woke up with a stiff neck this morning, must be meningitis. I'm gonna die."

I've used up all my motivation to study and still have one test left. :(

Donezo! Time to go shred... See all you brah's on the slopes.

mid-way down the second page + procrastination = BUMP.

I legitimately don't know if I'm going to pass this biochem final on Monday. I have lost any and all motivation. holy burnout.

FREEEEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOM

I have so much free time now. time to clean the house ;_;

I legitimately don't know if I'm going to pass this biochem final on Monday. I have lost any and all motivation. holy burnout.

This is when you hope all of your other classmates are feeling the same way. Good luck!

Stay strong - almost there! Take it from me, there's light at the end of tunnel. :cool:

T-18 hours before final. Fear finally kicked in. Time to start studying I guess.

T-18 hours before final. Fear finally kicked in. Time to start studying I guess.
Best of luck guys! :luck:

Break has been pretty awesome so far. I've done absolutely nothing and it's been everything I hoped it could be.

Best of luck guys! :luck:

Break has been pretty awesome so far. I've done absolutely nothing and it's been everything I hoped it could be.

How long is your break?

I feel hopeless now. Too much material for one exam for each subject. And then only 7 days off. Several of those spent with family and being stressed out by them. I just want to go to Puerto Rico or something and lay on a beach.

Oops, unexpected nap.

sandeepr2051094.jpg

Better get studying now for real this time.

How long is your break?

I feel hopeless now. Too much material for one exam for each subject. And then only 7 days off. Several of those spent with family and being stressed out by them. I just want to go to Puerto Rico or something and lay on a beach.

Our last final was on Dec. 9th and class starts again on Jan. 3rd. So, it's a pretty good break. I'm getting a lot of my clinical preceptorship stuff done though, along with some shadowing (MICU tomorrow morning!).

You only have 7 days off?! :eek: I'm so sorry.

Our last final was on Dec. 9th and class starts again on Jan. 3rd. So, it's a pretty good break. I'm getting a lot of my clinical preceptorship stuff done though, along with some shadowing (MICU tomorrow morning!).

You only have 7 days off?! :eek: I'm so sorry.

Dude, that's an awesome break. We finished the 14th and start up on the 3rd as well. I guess that's still a decent break, but it still feels extremely short. :(

Done. 14 days of freedom, well after I get my examresults in an hour.

Sheesh, you were done by 10:15?! Hope it turned out well for ya - we're an 1/8th of the way through! :thumbup:

Congrats to both of us!!!!

And yeah, there was no way I was gonna go through that exam again. My brain died at question 75.

Edit: Oh crap, I got TOP again.