-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Class of 2016!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!
Started by Arjuna
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Just added my name to the PS reader list. I hope I don't regret it![]()
At this point in time, I think my credentials should be less of a concern than getting your AMCAS submitted at a reasonable date.
Haha WYS, you tell it like it is.
For Wayne's question about challenges you will face while practicing: My biggest challenge will be finding time to take care of patients during the day because I will need at least 2 separate 3 hour lunch breaks.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone ever have these steamed pork buns, they're quite tasty
![]()
Those things are frickin' delicious.
Dim sum!
Just answered the phone while my mouth was stuffed with food. Our lab is known for it's manners.
Awesome way to start the top of the page.
Don't forget to update your post with a cool pic or gif 😎
Haha WYS, you tell it like it is.
They need to know the truth!
Anyone ever have these steamed pork buns, they're quite tasty
![]()
I LOVE DIM SUM!!!!!!!!
I had it in Shanghai... the for real stuff. And mmmm mmmm mmmmm
Don't forget to update your post with a cool pic or gif 😎
At your request.
I LOVE DIM SUM!!!!!!!!
I had it in Shanghai... the for real stuff. And mmmm mmmm mmmmm
I know how to spell them "cha siu baau" (or something) but I always make an ass of myself trying to order them "sao sao bao" 😳
For Wayne's question about challenges you will face while practicing: My biggest challenge will be finding time to take care of patients during the day because I will need at least 2 separate 3 hour lunch breaks.
I still have yet to get that secondary...
I do like your answer though.
I know how to spell them "cha siu baau" (or something) but I always make an ass of myself trying to order them "sao sao bao" 😳
Hm, that's actually pretty close to the actual pronunciation (assuming you get the correct inflections and that sort of thing).
I need to learn chinese
Oh come on! Who looks like that when they eat ribs? Pro tip, here's how you eat ribs
Don't forget to update your post with a cool pic or gif 😎
I wish we could make a sticky on our thread.. you know for the rules.
ps. post 4100.
I need to learn chinese
It's a pain in the ass to learn - and that's coming from someone who grew up in a household that spoke exclusively Chinese.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I still have yet to get that secondary...
I do like your answer though.
Thank you for your interest in Wayne State University School of Medicine. The Admissions Committee has reviewed your application and selected you to receive a Secondary Application. Attached is the 2011-2012 Secondary Application. Please return Secondary Application materials to us within 4 weeks. We look forward to receiving your materials.
Wayne State University
School of Medicine
Office of Admissions
They don't even personalize it. Thank you Mr. Guy for your interest... After careful review we think that Wayne State will be a good fit for Oakland and we have attached a secondary Application. Feel free to return the secondary at your own pace. We look forward to (taking your money) receiving your money and potentially having you grace us with your presence oh beloved oakland guy.
^That is what I would've chosen.
Thank you for your interest in Wayne State University School of Medicine. The Admissions Committee has reviewed your application and selected you to receive a Secondary Application. Attached is the 2011-2012 Secondary Application. Please return Secondary Application materials to us within 4 weeks. We look forward to receiving your materials.
Wayne State University
School of Medicine
Office of Admissions
They don't even personalize it. Thank you Mr. Guy for your interest... After careful review we think that Wayne State will be a good fit for Oakland and we have attached a secondary Application. Feel free to return the secondary at your own pace. We look forward to (taking your money) receiving your money and potentially having you grace us with your presence oh beloved oakland guy.
^That is what I would've chosen.
I wonder what on earth is taking so long to get my secondary...
Oh come on! Who looks like that when they eat ribs? Pro tip, here's how you eat ribs
![]()
The lab I work at has manners and etiquette. Like notifying absolutely no one of an acid spill. Or refusing to label carcinogenic and radioactive materials. And drinking 18 whatever units pure water like it's dasani.
The lab I work at has manners and etiquette. Like notifying absolutely no one of an acid spill. Or refusing to label carcinogenic and radioactive materials. And drinking 18 whatever units pure water like it's dasani.

I wonder what on earth is taking so long to get my secondary...
Screening the daylights out of your app.
What's the unit for water purity again, upf I think? I'm too lazy to get up and go to the machine to see, but I can feel my body being diluted as I chug water that probably costs more than gasoline.
What's the unit for water purity again, upf I think? I'm too lazy to get up and go to the machine to see, but I can feel my body being diluted as I chug water that probably costs more than gasoline.
I thought they measured purity in 'ohms' but I could be wrong.
What's the unit for water purity again, upf I think? I'm too lazy to get up and go to the machine to see, but I can feel my body being diluted as I chug water that probably costs more than gasoline.
Found it on a protocol MΩcm @ 25°C
They need to know the truth!
👍 I don't know what I would've done without the criticisms of PS readers on SDN. Everyone else I asked (i.e. people I knew IRL) just said "it's good" 🙂...not very helpful.
I LOVE DIM SUM!!!!!!!!
I had it in Shanghai... the for real stuff. And mmmm mmmm mmmmm
This is my favorite
At your request.
Hooray

I thought they measured purity in 'ohms' but I could be wrong.
You are correct. It has to do with the ion level and resistivity based on ions so yup.
Found it on a protocol MΩcm @ 25°C
Oh yeah, forgot the length contribution 😛
my not-so fave
my not-so fave
![]()
My mom loves those! I dunno how she can eat them

Edit: at least they don't smell as bad as these
Screening the daylights out of your app.
Probably...eff
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Probably...eff
In honor of the NFL Lockout being over I give you "the screen"
[youtube]IasJ2gpQ9ms[/youtube]
While we're on the topic of Asian food, who loves panang curry? 😍
And bulgogi! 😍
I love Korean food--I took Korean for three semesters in college but was never all that good at it. I can still read the alphabet and I remember a few words, but other than that I've forgotten most of what I knew. I'd love to re-learn it, though! It's probably the easiest Asian language for Westerners.
And bulgogi! 😍
I love Korean food--I took Korean for three semesters in college but was never all that good at it. I can still read the alphabet and I remember a few words, but other than that I've forgotten most of what I knew. I'd love to re-learn it, though! It's probably the easiest Asian language for Westerners.
In honor of the NFL Lockout being over I give you "the screen"
[YOUTUBE]IasJ2gpQ9ms[/YOUTUBE]
Exactly what Wayne State is doing to your app.
In honor of the NFL Lockout being over I give you "the screen"
[youtube]IasJ2gpQ9ms[/youtube]
Exactly what Wayne State is doing to your app.
Yes... I believe they are doing something of the sort.
However, I hear they are super slow. I should start writing the secondary so that when I do get it (hopefully), I can ship it off right away.
Another instance of what Wayne is probably doing with your app:
[youtube]BbB731KpKuw[/youtube]
[youtube]BbB731KpKuw[/youtube]
Vacation?Going to Cali-Cali-...
Alright alright... hahah now I'd feel really bad if I didn't get a Wayne secondary.
Alright alright... hahah now I'd feel really bad if I didn't get a Wayne secondary.
Look at your stats. There's no way you don't get a secondary and probably an acceptance to Wayne State. Believe me, people with much less to offer get in every year.
Alright alright... hahah now I'd feel really bad if I didn't get a Wayne secondary.
Some schools value grades over MCAT, but I think it's pretty bananas you haven't received a secondary from them.
Does Wayne screen, or are they just slow? 😀Alright alright... hahah now I'd feel really bad if I didn't get a Wayne secondary.
Some schools value grades over MCAT, but I think it's pretty bananas you haven't received a secondary from them.
Not in my experience. Do you know of any in particular?
Does Wayne screen, or are they just slow? 😀
They screen, and they are slow.
But they don't screen in any particular order. They're weird. People got secondaries at odd times throughout the cycle.
Some schools value grades over MCAT, but I think it's pretty bananas you haven't received a secondary from them.
I think my app is just sitting in a pile somewhere waiting for eyes to look at it...
I'm sure I'll get it this week... right?
😕

If you have a really recent MCAT score I think they make you wait like 3-4 weeks or something before you enter the pre-secondary screen. It could just be that your name gets sent to the bottom of the pile.
almost done with this PS, who wants to be the lucky one to read it?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Bottom.... again....
Top maybe? YESSS!!!
Dim Sum!!
Dim Sum!!
Last edited:
If you have a really recent MCAT score I think they make you wait like 3-4 weeks or something before you enter the pre-secondary screen. It could just be that your name gets sent to the bottom of the pile.
I don't have a recent MCAT... ehhhh no big deal. I can't do anything about it.
I have bottom on 3 of the last 4 pages. Oh well, at least I have my lotto ticket to look forward to.
almost done with this PS, who wants to be the lucky one to read it?
PM me!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 10
- Views
- 592