Class of 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted to CCOM with DMU interview scheduled for January! Both top choices for me - unfortunately I'll have to put down my $1000 deposit before I get to compare the two.

This has been a long road for me, very difficult at times due to work, family and other commitments. I can say though that it's basically over, I have had the privilege of being invited to 6 interviews. I have been to two only but I got one acceptance to my preferred school, so I think this is it for me. ...
Well unless I get a ii from that school:D
Many of you guys have helped along the way..Sdn is the best resource out there.way better than my school's premed office, way better.good luck to all, and I'll see you in the allo forums.
FINAL STATS: cGPA 3.27 sGPA 3.30 MCAT: 29 ( 7vr 11ps 11bs)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
This has been the best November of my life: not only did I get rejected from LECOM-B (I really really did not like it there), but I got accepted to my two top choices!! KCUMB and Western Pomona!! canceling my LECOM-Erie and TUCOM-CA interviews and likely will be attending Western. it was a very difficult choice to make, since both KCUMB and Western were INCREDIBLE schools with great faculty, awesome facilities/campuses, and a superb curriculum.

Last edited:
This has been a long road for me, very difficult at times due to work, family and other commitments. I can say though that it's basically over, I have had the privilege of being invited to 6 interviews. I have been to two only but I got one acceptance to my preferred school, so I think this is it for me. ...
Well unless I get a ii from that school:D
Many of you guys have helped along the way..Sdn is the best resource out there.way better than my school's premed office, way better.good luck to all, and I'll see you in the allo forums.
FINAL STATS: cGPA 3.27 sGPA 3.30 MCAT: 29 ( 7vr 11ps 11bs)

Why the allo forums?

Darklabel,

I have not been accepted to OU-HCOM...yet. I hope to have that honor by the end of next week. I am still waiting to hear from OU-HCOM and MUCOM. I have been accepted at ACOM, LUCOM, and LMU-DCOM. My cycle should hopefully be over by Thanksgiving because I will hear from OU-HCOM and MUCOM next week.

Members don't see this ad :)
Updating with my current progress 3.8 | 3.8 | 26 (9/7/10)| NSUCOM, WesternUCOM, LECOM-SH, UNECOM | LECOM-SH, WesternUCOM, NSUCOM
Withdrew from LECOM-SH, and withdrew my application pre-interview with UNECOM

Updating my list:

masterwares 3.58c | 26 | KYCOM, KCUMB, WVSOM, LUCOM, MUCOM (did not attend) | KYCOM

Just wanted to update as well- interviewed at and accepted to KCUMB, CCOM, TUCOM-NY, VCOM-CC and not attending LECOM-B, TUCOM-CA, ATSU-AZ, and AZCOM. I will be attending CCOM in August.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys! Awesome seeing so many acceptances and II's!

Just got verified today!

School list:
1) AZCOM
2) CCOM
3) DMU
4) VCOM
5) KCUMB
6) LECOM-B
7) LECOM-Erie
8) NSUCOM
9) PCOM

I know this is ridiculously late in the game, but I'll be sure to keep up to date. Going to apply anyways and hope for the best.

Last edited:
Accepted to KCUMB today. So far two acceptances: DMU and KCUMB.

Reactions: 4 users
3.44 | 3.06 | 33 (9/10/14) | LECOM-SH, GA-PCOM | GA-PCOM

Cancelled LECOM-SH immediately after getting accepted to GA-PCOM.

Ready to be updated!

3.55s | 2.97c | 27 (9/9/9) | CUSOM, UNECOM & VCOM-CC | UNECOM & VCOM-CC

Dark label,

My cycle is over. I was just accepted to Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine.

Reactions: 5 users
Haven't responded in here in a bit. Got ii at LECOM-E (interviewed last week) and KCOM (interview in 3 weeks).

Still no word from NSU for me.

Just holding on to one acceptance.

6 Interviews Total, 1 Rejection, 1 Accept, 4 Cancellations.

Waiting on word from NSU too. :/ However, their Happy Thanksgiving email did give me a heart attack.

3.57 sgpa| 3.61cgpa| 23 mcat| ACOM, VCOM-CC| ACOM, VCOM-CC

Accepted to RVU! Rocky Mountains, here I come!

Congrats! I too was accepted earlier this month. Have you previously lived in that area?
Nope. Originally from Minnesota, but have travelled to Colorado on ski trips many times. Congrats to you as well! :)

Finished with my cycle. Officially am going to AZCOM!

Reactions: 5 users
Final report for me.
Ended up with interview invites to Touro-NY, UNECOM, DMU, LECOM-B, and LECOM-E. Attended LECOM-B, UNECOM, and Touro-NY interviews. Accepted to all three. Here's some paste-ey goodness:

Mad Jack 3.79 | 3.83 | 35 (11/12/12) | LECOM-B, LECOM-E, DMU, UNECOM, Touro-NY | LECOM-B, UNECOM, Touro-NY

Final report for me.
Ended up with interview invites to Touro-NY, UNECOM, DMU, LECOM-B, and LECOM-E. Attended LECOM-B, UNECOM, and Touro-NY interviews. Accepted to all three. Here's some paste-ey goodness:

Mad Jack 3.79 | 3.83 | 35 (11/12/12) | LECOM-B, LECOM-E, DMU, UNECOM, Touro-NY | LECOM-B, UNECOM, Touro-NY
Did you apply MD? You have competitive stats even for Harvard...Lol.

3.45/3.35/27(7,11,9)

II from
CUSOM(accepted and deposited), will be withdrawing once my stuff's confirmed at nova
Lecom(cancel)
Marian(cancel)
Nova(accepted and deposited)

Reject
CCOM
UW Madison

Pre interview hold
Western
AZCOM

Last edited:
Did you apply MD? You have competitive stats even for Harvard...Lol.
I was too late in the cycle by the time I got my MCAT score, and I'm already 28 years old so I don't want to spend another year waiting just to have a more recognized pair of letters after my name. Plus I see a lot of advantages to going D.O., as I'm not looking to go into any of the super competitive specialties (surgery of any sort, dermatology, rads, and optho just aren't me) so I'll essentially I can have two sets of matches for the specialties that interest me most (internal medicine, emergency medicine, and anesthesia, all of which are fairly D.O. friendly to begin with).

I was too late in the cycle by the time I got my MCAT score, and I'm already 28 years old so I don't want to spend another year waiting just to have a more recognized pair of letters after my name. Plus I see a lot of advantages to going D.O., as I'm not looking to go into any of the super competitive specialties (surgery of any sort, dermatology, rads, and optho just aren't me) so I'll essentially I can have two sets of matches for the specialties that interest me most (internal medicine, emergency medicine, and anesthesia, all of which are fairly D.O. friendly to begin with).

Have you decided on a school yet? We might be classmates next year..

I can't remember if I already threw my hat in the ringer here, but I just got my first acceptance this evening, and I'm ecstatic! MCAT 25 (6p/10v/9b), c3.45, s3.5, non-traditional.
ii's to Drexel (11/7), PCOM (11/8), LMU-DCOM (12/6), and PNWU (1/11 or 12...can't remember right now). Accepted to PCOM, still waiting for a decision on Drexel. Will attend the interview next week at LMU, but will most likely cancel my PNWU interview.

I'm so insanely happy....I'm going to be a doctor!!

Reactions: 4 users
Have you decided on a school yet? We might be classmates next year..
I'm going to UNECOM for sure, it was my favorite school and it's way closer to home. I liked LECOM-B, but it's just too far away, and Touro-NY was great but I can't justify the extra expense of living in NYC on top of attending medical school.

Congratulations to everyone that's made it in so far this cycle, and good luck to those of you still waiting!

chizledfrmstone 3.64 | 3.68 | 27 (10/7/10) | II: LECOM-B, ATSU-SOMA, KCUMB, ACOM, WesternU-P, DMU | Accepted: KCUMB

I have already placed my deposit, but I thought I would send another update. I received my 6th interview invite at WVSOM today. This cycle rocks.