Class of 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have already placed my deposit, but I thought I would send another update. I received my 6th interview invite at WVSOM today. This cycle rocks.

Congrats postbac, you deserve it!

Members don't see this ad.

darklabel,
accepted to VCOM-CC today!!!
Now enjoying the luxurious problem of choosing which medical school to attend!!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
darklabel,
accepted to VCOM-CC today!!!
Now enjoying the luxurious problem of choosing which medical school to attend!!

Congratulations that is great news!!! Do you have an idea which school you prefer?

I really liked them both, it's going to be a tough decision

All updated and included any omissions!

Also postbacc, I knew you'd get into OU so that why I put it in there beforehand ;)

Congratulations everyone!:zip::clap::soexcited::biglove:

Accepted to RVU off the alternate list! Will most likely be heading away from home though so hopefully that helps someone out here!

Isha2018 3.47 | 3.62 |26 (6P, 11V, 9B) | II: ATSU-SOMA, WesternU-COMP, TCOM, Texas Tech-El Paso | Accepted: ATSU-SOMA, WesternU-COMP

:) ii to Texas Tech-El Paso for 12/19. :)

Reactions: 1 users
DarkMatter0 3.46 cGPA| 3.67 sGPA| 28 (11 P, 8V, 9 B)| II: VCOM-VA (11/25), NSU-COM (12/3), LU-COM, MU-COM, ACOM, CUSOM| Accepted: VCOM-VA, NSU-COM (1st choice)

Last edited:
VisualEvolution 3.81 cGPA | 3.65 sGPA | 27 (9,9,9) | II: MUCOM, MSUCHM, OUWB | Accepted: MSUCOM, OUWB

Non URM and very meaningful story/ECs.

How many of you are still in school? I only have two more finals and I am done with undergrad!!! Congrats everyone on the acceptances!

Members don't see this ad :)
How many of you are still in school? I only have two more finals and I am done with undergrad!!! Congrats everyone on the acceptances!
Good luck with finals! Congrats on your upcoming graduation!! I was 12 when you were born (if 1992 is your year of birth). I finished my first undergrad when you were 11. I feel old. I will be 34 when I matriculate. :)

Good luck with finals! Congrats on your upcoming graduation!! I was 12 when you were born (if 1992 is your year of birth). I finished my first undergrad when you were 11. I feel old. I will be 34 when I matriculate. :)

At least you finished your undergrad and have been working since you were 23. I assume you have no school debts either. I'm 28 and just early this year I finished my undergrad with 50K+ of debt. You shouldn't feel old, you should feel great that you have experience a whole other life before committing to medicine.

Reactions: 2 users
At least you finished your undergrad and have been working since you were 23. I assume you have no school debts either. I'm 28 and just early this year I finished my undergrad with 50K+ of debt. You shouldn't feel old, you should feel great that you have experience a whole other life before committing to medicine.
Thank you, sir! Indeed, I have no school debts. One good thing about nursing is tuition reimbursement/loan repayment by desperate employers. That whole nursing shortage has really benefited my family!!

Although my path has been convoluted, I feel very blessed by God. He is amazing, especially since he's working with very imperfect children like me. Very humbling.

As a future DO 2018, you have shown great determination this cycle. You will do great, and the $50k debt will go away soon enough. I hope we can get loan repayment through our future employers :)

Reactions: 5 users
ill update since its been a while!!
ii: LECOM-B, MUCOM (did not attend), MSUCHM
waitlist: MSUCHM
accepted: LECOM-B (withdrew), MSUCOM

Accepted to WCU-COM!

Accepted to Touro-NV! This is probably my last update on this thread, I'll be deciding between there and NSU in the next couple of days. Good luck, everyone.

Updated!! :clap:
Thank you very much for updating this. I have a correction (MCAT) and an update (School):

TXKnight 3.3 | 3.27 | 29 (11/7/11) | PCOM-GA, CUSOM, TOURO-NY, ACOM, LMU-DCOM | accepted PCOM-GA, withdrew others

Accepted to DMU! Truly a dream come true

Thank you very much for updating this. I have a correction (MCAT) and an update (School):

TXKnight 3.3 | 3.27 | 29 (11/7/11) | PCOM-GA, CUSOM, TOURO-NY, ACOM, LMU-DCOM | accepted PCOM-GA, withdrew others

Congrats! And good job on the MCAT

Setto 3.82 | 3.57 | 31 (11/10/10) Interviewed at Touro NY & WesternU, Accepted at both.

Accepted to Nova! What an amazing week this turned out to be

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted to Nova! My first and only acceptance I need. My #1 choice from the get go.

I started this cycle with 11 ii
Ended up going to 4...
Was waitlisted at 3...
...and the last was an acceptance at NSU :)

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted to Nova! My first and only acceptance I need. My #1 choice from the get go.

I started this cycle with 11 ii
Ended up going to 4...
Was waitlisted at 3...
...and the last was an acceptance at NSU :)
Congratulations! When it's right, it's right! :)

Hey everyone, a little late to the party.

QuantumJ 3.77 | 3.9 |29 | II: UT Houston, UT Galveston, Texas A&M, Texas Tech Lubbock, TCOM, Texas Tech-El Paso | Accepted: TCOM

Just got my acceptance to PCOM this weekend (+ a ii from VCOM for what its worth)! Happy to say my cycle is over and I will be mailing my check for PCOM!

Just got my acceptance to PCOM this weekend (+ a ii from VCOM for what its worth)! Happy to say my cycle is over and I will be mailing my check for PCOM!

Congrats! Looks like we'll be classmates next year (unless I miraculously get an acceptance to UW). I LOVED PCOM!

Accepted to TCOM this past Friday! Really excited.

accepted to nova last week, excited to be a shark next year!

3 acceptances in 1 week (2 within 1 hour) :) So happy!!! 3.7 GPA, 26 MCAT, a lot of extra-everything....Now time to decide between AT Still KCOM, KCUMB, and AT Still SOMA. Any suggestions? I feel so torn, cannot even sleep at night!

Elected to go to a state MD rather than a DO. Still have great respect for the DO profession, but I had to go with the best opportunity that presented itself. If this data will help someone with my stats, I was accepted at KCOM, VCOM-CC, MUCOM, CUSOM, LMU-DCOM, LECOM-B, and UNECOM. Waitlisted @ NSU-COM, which was definitely my favorite DO, post interview. I also really liked KCOM and seriously considered it, but have chosen SUNY Upstate. It was in the best location, most affordable, and most importantly, their rural medicine program fits my career goals.
Congrats to those accepted for 2018 and best of luck to those still waiting to hear back. I actually withdrew most of my apps in early November and I'm sure those freed up spots went to some great candidates.

Elected to go to a state MD rather than a DO. Still have great respect for the DO profession, but I had to go with the best opportunity that presented itself. If this data will help someone with my stats, I was accepted at KCOM, VCOM-CC, MUCOM, CUSOM, LMU-DCOM, LECOM-B, and UNECOM. Waitlisted @ NSU-COM, which was definitely my favorite DO, post interview. I also really liked KCOM and seriously considered it, but have chosen SUNY Upstate. It was in the best location, most affordable, and most importantly, their rural medicine program fits my career goals.
Congrats to those accepted for 2018 and best of luck to those still waiting to hear back. I actually withdrew most of my apps in early November and I'm sure those freed up spots went to some great candidates.

Right move. Have fun in Syracuse

Congrats! You actually went to all these interviews... Amazing!

Congrats! You actually went to all these interviews... Amazing!
Yes, I'm still amazed that I was able to do this. Especially considering that the interviews all occurred in September and October and I still kept my part time job, working at least 24 hours per week. I just wasn't sure what I could expect form this cycle, having heard that the application cycle was such a crapshoot.

I applied to 12 DO and 6 MD, so I really got a good bang for my buck with the amount of interviews that I received. I also traveled to most of the interviews by car. Flew to Florida and interviewed at LECOM and NSU on one trip as my first two interviews, but that cost me about $1500 in total expenses, so I knew I had to do something different. My father drove with me to CUSOM and VCOM-CC, and I interviewed at those on one trip. After that I just decided to drive to all of the places myself. Ended up putting about 5000 miles on my car in those two months and ended up at least traveling through 19 states. I really had a good time at the interviews and got to see a lot of the Unites States.

My advice for future applicants would be to put together a realistic school list, and you can easily apply to under 20 schools. Also, I had my applications done early and I was able to apply to both the DO and MD cycles on day one that the application could be sent out. I think applying early in the cycle is the best advice any applicant could receive. If people can, they should really try to take the MCAT in January to March. I thought about taking a late MCAT and applying last cycle, but I'm so glad I elected to take the extra year off. A well prepared application will almost always look better than something that was rushed, with typos all over the application and the personal statement.