cleveland clinic lerner college of medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chinkemon

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone from SDN interviewing there soon, say on november 15th? or has anyone already interviewed? just curious...what are your thoughts about the 5-year "MD with special qualification in biomedical research"? program accepts only 32 students a year. never thought i'd be invited for an interview there, so i'm really psyched! :D

Members don't see this ad.

Hey chinkemon,I'll be interviewing on the 15th. Are you?

Members don't see this ad :)
i am inteviewing on the 28th of Oct. i cant believe i got an interview either. i heard somewhere on the board that they interview only 250 applicants? can someone verify this?

and i heard they accepted laster about 67 of the 250....and 32 people were enrolled...

I interviewed there in early Oct. I know that they do ultimately accept about 60 people (2X the size of the class), but I have no idea how many are invited to interview. Acceptances won't be offered until they've completed most of their interviews. This was by far the longest interview day I have had (lots of walking... so wear those gellin' insoles if you need to). The facilities were great. Everything looks brand new. The five year program is aimed at students who will go into research, so the interview focused mostly on why you want to conduct research as a medical student. They really want to know whether or not their program is a good match for you and your career goals. I still don't quite understand the "MD with special qualifications in research" thing. I feel like students who are truly interested in conducting research would be better suited for a MD/PhD program. However, I was very impressed with the program and would be delighted to receive an acceptance there.

wei28 - hey, i just called the CCL admissions office and scheduled my interview for monday, 11/15. i had no idea that day was going to start at 7:45am though. my hometown is columbus (i go to school at cornell so i'll be flying back the saturday before b/c i have CCL on monday, CWRU on tues, and OSU on wed), so that means i'll have to drive out at about 5:00am. must get some rest the day before. guess i'll see you there. :)

Hey everyone,

For those of you who've interviewed at Cleveland Clinic, have you heard back yet? If so, how long did it take?

Thanks!

fakin' the funk said:
I don't think anyone has heard back. I interviewed late Oct.
"Junathon" heard back a week after his interview from what I gather, I think he interviewed the 2nd to last week in October. I am assuming that the majority of applicants/decisions are on hold until January. I don't remember if my host said that was the plan or if Dr. Hutzler said something to that effect at the interview.