2023-2024 Cleveland Clinic (Lerner)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are letters of interest/intent valued here when the class size is so small? Also for some reason I was under the impression they didn't take updates but now that I know they do I'm stressed ahh!
I also am wondering this!

Members don't see this ad.

Anybody else still heard nothing since submitting your secondary? Should I assume I got a soft R? Really wondering.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Pre-II R
Completed: 9/6/23
ruh roh

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Request to send update email received post-II

+1 even though I've submitted two update letters post interview already. Guessing it's a general email?

+1, I've submitted one update letter post interview as well. General email is a good guess. Anyone know if they've sent these emails historically?

+1, I've submitted one update letter post interview as well. General email is a good guess. Anyone know if they've sent these emails historically?
That's what I was wondering, I don't remember this from past years. Why are all the clinic schools asking for letters!? Lol

Hope everyone's new year is going well :) Would anyone be willing to share insights into differences or lack thereof in their interviews with PhDs versus MDs here? Thanks so much, rooting for y'all!
My PhD interviewer was a bit more formal, asking research-related questions as well as more behavioral questions about where I'd fit in a group. Still pretty conversational though. My MD (DO actually!) interviewer was extremely chill, kind of allowed me to lead the interview. Both knew my application quite well. However, I think it was really just a difference in the personalities of the interviewers, rather than specific questions they were told to ask by the admissions committee.

My PhD interviewer was a bit more formal, asking research-related questions as well as more behavioral questions about where I'd fit in a group. Still pretty conversational though. My MD (DO actually!) interviewer was extremely chill, kind of allowed me to lead the interview. Both knew my application quite well. However, I think it was really just a difference in the personalities of the interviewers, rather than specific questions they were told to ask by the admissions committee.
Same

Did everyone have a PhD interview? I had 2 MD and a student

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone have any idea what date decisions come out?

I would second this. Their “important dates” page has Feb 20th listed as the date when accepted applicants can plan to enroll on AMCAS.
I think that is an AMCAS-set date... they open it up for you to choose your "plan to enroll" stuff, but I think that we still hear from CCLCM before that date (but this is just a guess!) :)

I would second this. Their “important dates” page has Feb 20th listed as the date when accepted applicants can plan to enroll on AMCAS.
Exactly. My only reservation is whether they included this date because that's when the AMCAS choose your school tool becomes available

I called and asked yesterday and they said 'by the end of February' which is as vague as it gets unfortunately

• Care
Based on last year, maybe Feb. 16th?. - third Friday of Feb was the 17th last year, 16th this year

Man Feb 16 is going to suck lol Duke Pitt and now CCLCM?

Is everyone who interviewed at CCLCM still under consideration for Case Western and if so… would you upload two different update letters to the same portal?

We're going well into mid-Feb now....

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users
I expect it to be this week, most likely on Friday.

If anyone has any info from communication with the admissions office or was told anything on a later interview day please do share lol

Maybe they're changing things up this year? First year they asked for letters...maybe no PI calls? I'm grasping at straws yall. 😫

I think in the past they asked for letters after people were waitlisted but I could be wrong. I also think they used to contact pis significantly before decisions so maybe decisions will come later this cycle or they just won’t

I also wouldn't be surprised if decisions come at the very end of February because this is also the first year they didn't do the December wave. So I wonder if that means the committee had a larger pool of applicants to sort through for decisions this month.

I also wouldn't be surprised if decisions come at the very end of February because this is also the first year they didn't do the December wave. So I wonder if that means the committee had a larger pool of applicants to sort through for decisions this month.
This makes the most sense to me. With all letters in by the end of January, it makes sense that they'd now review the larger pool throughout February

This makes the most sense to me. With all letters in by the end of January, it makes sense that they'd now review the larger pool throughout February
Agreed. But I'm still hoping they come out soon. If Mayo can evaluate over 800 interviewed applicants over two days, I hope CCLCM can get through 250 in a couple weeks.

Just got the A call!!!!

Edit: My PI did get contacted

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 9 users
Just the 2 on sdn today then..did anyone who heard back write any post interview letters?

Just the 2 on sdn today then..did anyone who heard back write any post interview letters?
just thank you notes, and I didn't have any updates so I just sent my CV so they could have a clearer picture of what I am presenting

dang really? I feel like we got to give it a bit longer... but also anyone know when Rs and WLs will come :(
I mean, the vast majority of applicants don't post on SDN (or it may not be their first move immediately after getting a call), so I wouldn't say it's an indicator that calls are over. We have no idea how they space out calls, what order they do it in, etc

I just wish they’d let everyone know :(. I get why schools divvy it up (which totally makes sense because everyone has jobs on top of contacting candidates). The waiting just gets to you

• Care