2022-2023 Cleveland Clinic (Lerner)

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pardon the neuroticism, but does anyone know if you PI bring contacted back in February as any bearing on being accepted off the waitlist?
 
Nice! Did you two send updates/emails yesterday in response to their email?
No, I sent a letter of intent right after February decisions went out. I was going to send a letter of support from my collaborator in response to their email. In my letter of intent, it was a few paragraphs of why I want to specifically go to CCLCM in detail. The remaining aspects of the letter was pretty much an update.
 
No, I sent a letter of intent right after February decisions went out. I was going to send a letter of support from my collaborator in response to their email. In my letter of intent, it was a few paragraphs of why I want to specifically go to CCLCM in detail. The remaining aspects of the letter was pretty much an update.
are letters of support a normal thing to do? They did contact my PI back in February before waitlisting me, I sent an update/LOI about a week ago so I don't know if there's anything else I can do at this point 😓
 
are letters of support a normal thing to do? They did contact my PI back in February before waitlisting me, I sent an update/LOI about a week ago so I don't know if there's anything else I can do at this point 😓
Honestly, I’m not sure if it’s a normal thing to do once you’ve been waitlisted. However, I mean tough times call for extreme measures tbh. I really think it’s worth asking another PI or collaborator you work with (that did not write you a letter of recommendation for your app). If your update/LOI letter included additional activities (volunteering, shadowing, research, etc) you could consider asking people that are associated with those activities. That’s the only thing I can think of that you can do at this point.

For me, I really felt discouraged coming to this thread and seeing other people get updates in their application. IT SUCKED. However, you never know what could happen. Try not to get discouraged! I believe in you. 🫶
 
Honestly, I’m not sure if it’s a normal thing to do once you’ve been waitlisted. However, I mean tough times call for extreme measures tbh. I really think it’s worth asking another PI or collaborator you work with (that did not write you a letter of recommendation for your app). If your update/LOI letter included additional activities (volunteering, shadowing, research, etc) you could consider asking people that are associated with those activities. That’s the only thing I can think of that you can do at this point.

For me, I really felt discouraged coming to this thread and seeing other people get updates in their application. IT SUCKED. However, you never know what could happen. Try not to get discouraged! I believe in you. 🫶
I JUST GOT IN!!!! thank you for replying this was so kind
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone received financial aid (other than the tuition)? Do I use the same code for the main case med code?
 
I'm also confused about that, do wed need to do something beyond FAFSA and parent info on FAFSA? I thought the COL stipend was need based

If I'm remembering right you just need to submit FAFSA. However the COL stipend is merit, not need based.
 
I'm also confused about that, do wed need to do something beyond FAFSA and parent info on FAFSA? I thought the COL stipend was need based
In the video they said that we first need to CTE. Then once the school gets the FAFSA info, they’re supposed to send us some log-in credentials to submit a form.

We’re supposed to expect an offer letter (with loan/stipend info) during the first week of June.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got in off the waitlist a couple of days ago. My PI was contacted in February a week or two before decisions went out. I think she kept it a secret for about 2 days before she told me lol
 
I’m wondering if anyone is still being taken off the waitlist… my PI was contacted last Friday and he told me on Monday that movement was maybe still happening. Maybe the last of it was last week?