2023-2024 Cleveland Clinic (Lerner)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
International II via email, complete 7/27

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Is it a good sign that I haven’t gotten rejected from Case Western or CCLM yet. I submitted my secondary for them on 7/16. This is a SUPER reach school. I figured they just forgot about my app

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Still haven't heard anything.
sponge bob day GIF

us

For those that got an interview to Cleveland Clinic, did you guys see a spot to add a picture? Or is it the same picture that we uploaded to the secondary app?

For those that got an interview to Cleveland Clinic, did you guys see a spot to add a picture? Or is it the same picture that we uploaded to the secondary app?
Same I believe

anyone have interview tips or can talk about how the interview at cclcm compares to the UP one? got alt-listed at UP so unsure how to approach the cclcm interview....

anyone have interview tips or can talk about how the interview at cclcm compares to the UP one? got alt-listed at UP so unsure how to approach the cclcm interview....
Definitely make sure you know how to describe your research clearly and its real-world applications. The majority of my interview was discussing my research experience and future goals in medicine. I would say it was a bit more formal than the UP interview

To contrast that, mine was much more relaxed for some reason. Research was discussed, but not a huge focus from what I remember.

To contrast that, mine was much more relaxed for some reason. Research was discussed, but not a huge focus from what I remember.
Yeah same. I got a lot more behavioral and situational questions somehow

• Wow
Members don't see this ad :)
Pre-II R just now. Complete 7/27. Good luck to everyone else!

• Care
+2. Also does anyone have any idea on what the optimal time to send an letter of intent would be
INTENT specifically? Anytime tbh. If you meant interest then probably end of the year after interview season begins to wrap up

nice yeah you got this! just wanna make sure since I have seen some confusion between those two on here
wanna explain the difference to me lol? I think I get that intent = first-choice / informal commitment to attend if you get in ? But what is the difference with timing of sending this vs letter of interest ??

wanna explain the difference to me lol? I think I get that intent = first-choice / informal commitment to attend if you get in ? But what is the difference with timing of sending this vs letter of interest ??
yeah so thats basically it as far as significance. people say an intent letter is not legally binding and whatever but I say just pretend it is when deciding whether and where to send one or not i.e. you should really only send an intent letter to your unequivocal #1 choice and know that you are basically committing to attending if you get in over everywhere else. again, not legally binding but like yk...medicine is a small world and it is better to be honest and stuff. different schools have different value on interest letters. for example, Mayo specifically says only send an interest letter if they're your top 3. other schools don't make any such categorization. you can technically send a letter of interest to every school on your list, but then that is BS and the schools know it. so, I think it is better to wait until later to send it once you've been on a few interviews and you can choose a few schools to narrow down to, send letters to, and explain to them why you like them more over the other places you have seen (without being super specific or something).

Most schools don't even care about interest letters since often times they are fluff. but if you want to send one I imagine it is best to send it later on when you hopefully also have some updates to pair with it and bulk it up.

If others have different thoughts please share! These are just my thoughts based on observations and discussions with past applicants who tried various approaches

Reactions: 4 users
II OOS received just now! Complete 7/17.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Hi All! For those of you who have interviewed, what was the vibe? I am seeing on this thread that it was maybe slightly less "grilling you about your research" than I thought it would be... also, do we get our interviewers in advance? Thank you!!!

Hi All! For those of you who have interviewed, what was the vibe? I am seeing on this thread that it was maybe slightly less "grilling you about your research" than I thought it would be... also, do we get our interviewers in advance? Thank you!!!
It wasn't the most conversational but not a stress test or anything. Definitely know your research well because they'll ask you specific Qs about it. But an equally substantial portion of my interview was different topics.

You can find the names of your interviewers in the portal but there's no expectation to know much about them.

Reactions: 1 user
It wasn't the most conversational but not a stress test or anything. Definitely know your research well because they'll ask you specific Qs about it. But an equally substantial portion of my interview was different topics.

You can find the names of your interviewers in the portal but there's no expectation to know much about them.
Thank you!!!!!!

Did they say when they were planning on releasing A's? Is it the same timeline as the UP?

Pre II R yesterday submitted like 8/1 or smt

• Care
II today! OOS, LM 70. Complete 8/1. screaming. crying. shaking. throwing up.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users
OOS II just received!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Hello! Does anyone know whether CCLCM likes post-interview updates/letters of interest or if its better to wait to hear back at this point?

• Hmm
OOS Pre-II R, just now. Good luck to everyone still in it!!

• Care
OOS II today! Complete 8/10, LM 82. Truly thought I had shot myself in the foot with the later complete date but it's not over yet folks!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Are letters of interest/intent valued here when the class size is so small? Also for some reason I was under the impression they didn't take updates but now that I know they do I'm stressed ahh!

• Hmm
does anyone know when post-ii r's get sent out? during the same times as acceptances or earlier.... ty!