Clinical Rotations as a Pre-Med

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

plantsandpremed

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey! I have a cool set up where I am privileged enough to have interviewed with the hospital director and placed in a position where I am able to shadow within 32 departments, including sub-specialties. Should I take advantage of all 32, or focus on one that I really love? Some are surgical, and obviously some are not. Would it look better to rotate or show commitment to one?

Thanks y'all!
 
I'd choose a couple you're especially interested in and focus on those and something in primary care. There's no real reason to rotate in all 32 as a pre-med.