MD & DO Co’22 ERAS Panic Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone not personalize any PS? Applying FM and hoping it doesn't really matter.
doesnt matter. Many or most people dont based on what ive heard throughout this process. If you do, it can only help but if you dont its not gonna hurt you imo

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
How do you assign separate personal statements to the research and general/regular track at the same program?
They should be listed as separate programs for purposes of LOR and statement assignments. They have their own NRMP codes, etc. Its like applying to two places.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yo, anyone know how quickly invites go out?
A few of my friends last year literally got interviews the first day programs could see their info but, most come in a week or two after.

Reactions: 1 user
A few of my friends last year literally got interviews the first day programs could see their info but, most come in a week or two after.
Oh god I'm already anxious about checking my email

Reactions: 4 users
If I have a letter (4th letter) being uploaded tomorrow will it potentially be missed (and not "downloaded") by reviewers. I am confused about how this works. Any explanation would be appreciated!

Just had a letter writer who has ghosted me for the past 2 months upload their letter an hour ago. Too bad I already assigned 4 letters to every program bc I thought they took a rocket into space lololol

• Haha
  • Care
My 2 anesthesia friends and 1 radiology friend got same day interviews

Scared The Muppets GIF

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
Yo, why you gotta make me stress like that?

Although if that’s legit, that’d be dope.
Do apps go out tomorrow?

Don't stress bro, you'll kill it. Interview season is a very weird mix of stress but also a lot of fun

Do apps go out tomorrow?

Don't stress bro, you'll kill it. Interview season is a very weird mix of stress but also a lot of fun
They do go out tomorrow. Also, I’m applying DR, so if they do go out by Friday I’ll be very happy.

I was practicing today and just realizing how much room there is to fumble through questions.

I like what Ortho is doing with having all interview invites go out on the same day and giving applicants 48 hours to respond. This mess of having to pull off on the side of the road to make sure you lock in a spot is crazy.

Reactions: 8 users
I like what Ortho is doing with having all interview invites go out on the same day and giving applicants 48 hours to respond. This mess of having to pull off on the side of the road to make sure you lock in a spot is crazy.
****, I'll just crash and work the story into my "tell me about a time you overcame hardship" interview response.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Finally submitted, thank God ERAS didn't crash. Now onto the zoom interviews lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
They do go out tomorrow. Also, I’m applying DR, so if they do go out by Friday I’ll be very happy.

I was practicing today and just realizing how much room there is to fumble through questions.
Haha I know, I was kidding. I have no idea when DR invites are going out. But you'll be just fine.

It's honestly not that bad. Residency interviews are not as antagonistic as medical school interviews are. Remember that you are interviewing them almost as much as they are you.

Reactions: 1 users
Haha I know, I was kidding. I have no idea when DR invites are going out. But you'll be just fine.

It's honestly not that bad. Residency interviews are not as antagonistic as medical school interviews are. Remember that you are interviewing them almost as much as they are you.
I’ll just picture them naked so I don’t get nervous.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
so how does this work can you pick from a variety of interview dates? and does it matter if you pick a date later in the cycle? realistically it would make sense that it doesnt matter when u interview between now and jan since rank is in feb or maybe im wrong

Damn, my schools DC chair totally ghosted me for their letter. wtf

• Sad
  • Wow
ACOG recommended this method for OBGYN programs too. Anyone know if OB plans on following suit?

ACOG recommended this method for OBGYN programs too. Anyone know if OB plans on following suit?
Heard from a friend than OBGYN is doing all invites on the 18th and 19th

they want to make yall suffer and wait I Guess

Heard from a friend than OBGYN is doing all invites on the 18th and 19th

they want to make yall suffer and wait I Guess
At least when I hear radio silence for 3 weeks, I’ll know it’s nothing to be concerned about :lol:

so how does this work can you pick from a variety of interview dates? and does it matter if you pick a date later in the cycle? realistically it would make sense that it doesnt matter when u interview between now and jan since rank is in feb or maybe im wrong
Nah it doesn’t matter. I didn’t interview at the program I’m at until January

Happy ERAS Eve!!! 🎉

What specialties were they?
Internal Medicine started day 1.
Nah it doesn’t matter. I didn’t interview at the program I’m at until January
I also interviewed at my current program in January after getting a “maybe” message in November and interview invite in late December.

In preparation for tomorrow, please please please have some way that you get alerts from your email address you gave ERAS. I really advocate having them forwarded as a text to your phone number as that is faster then just the generic email app even with refresh settings the highest they can be. I also set up a forward to my husband’s phone as a back up.

Reactions: 6 users
So if I get an interview and I’m unable to reply to it before it fills up, will I get another invite?

So if I get an interview and I’m unable to reply to it before it fills up, will I get another invite?
Programs aren’t supposed to offer more interviews than seats available, if I understand correctly.

I'm not sure about the logistics to be honest. I would assume it doesn't matter. The date is also fairly late (November 18th I think) so the interview season itself will probably be fairly short.

Yesterday morning my letter writer emailed me that she would get my letter out before the night ended. She said don’t worry, I got you, yet Still no letter. Don’t think I can email her again after messaging her a day ago. Stuff like this annoys me. Luckily I have 3 letters already.

• Wow
Programs also have waitlists for interview dates.
Does this mean responses are super time sensitive and u could end up on the waitlist if you dont respond immediately (like within minutes?). I really hope thats not the case lol and if you are on the waitlist are you not guaranteed to get off?

Does this mean responses are super time sensitive and u could end up on the waitlist if you dont respond immediately (like within minutes?). I really hope thats not the case lol and if you are on the waitlist are you not guaranteed to get off?
This is unfortunately the case.

• Sad
And here you thought the stress was all done haha. This blows

Reactions: 6 users
And here you thought the stress was all done haha. This blows
I mean the fact that this is the case is kind of unacceptable lol but it is what it is. Your opportunity at a program shouldnt be based on how fast you respond to an email smh lmao. Im taking Level 2 today so if I get invites today im **** out of luck

• Care
I mean the fact that this is the case is kind of unacceptable lol but it is what it is. Your opportunity at a program shouldnt be based on how fast you respond to an email smh lmao. Im taking Level 2 today so if I get invites today im **** out of luck
Anyone else able to monitor your emails and respond?

Talking to my friends from last year, it seems like the same day interview stuff was mostly because of the major delay in apps because of the pandemic. I feel like there might not be quite as much of a rush this year since the timeline was mapped out further in advance and programs had time to plan. Trying to figure out a way not to sit in front of my computer and keep refreshing my email.......can't wait for this to be over lol

I set up text message forwarding of my emails to both myself and my SO. This system is ridiculous but I advise you all to do something similar, especially if you're still on rotations like I am and can't just stop what you're doing to schedule an interview. The fact that you can lose an interview for not responding in <5 minutes is so silly.

• Love
Do we get communication from programs that they received our app and that we are complete?

Do we get communication from programs that they received our app and that we are complete?
I dont think so...I think you can just keep track through the "programs applied to tabs" and just make sure everything you were supposed to submit is green

I dont think so...I think you can just keep track through the "programs applied to tabs" and just make sure everything you were supposed to submit is green
Yea that makes sense but some programs I applied to didn’t seem to specify the number of LOR’s they needed, like if 3 are fine or if they need 4. I assume 3 is minimum required everywhere that doesn’t specify?