MD & DO Co’22 ERAS Panic Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Im starting to freak out that not having a CK score until November is going to hurt me. Im reading reddit threads where CK doesnt matter if high step 1 and others saying this cycle it matters bc Step 1 PF next yr. But like why would that go into effect now if Step 1 is still numerical for us. I am so screwed if i dont get any IIs until late November/Dec when i get my ck score
When are you planning on taking it?

Members don't see this ad.

I have my alarm set for about four hours from now and I just can't sleep, and haven't slept more than a couple hours at a time all week so far. I should NOT have picked a difficult rotation for this month - idk what the heck I was thinking. I feel like I'm just going to mess everything up all month long because of a combination of panic and sleep deprivation.

I also think I'll feel better after I get my first interview, so I'll know that that point that I don't have a fatal flaw I'm unaware of like a bad letter or something.
Also the rotations don’t matter outside of your own thirst for learning.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Think you strong step 1 will get you interviews. Just let programs know ur step 2 will be in before they rank students. Not sure if results are coming back in 2 weeks vs 4weeks anymore.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
OH boy an ERAS message notifcation!!!

annnnnnddddd its a "Hey fyi we got your app teehee" message.

:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
I got my first Neuro interview. I'm in shock. Good to know that my app is not a complete trash.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
I haven’t even got that…
Same...there have been times I have wondered if my submission was a dream and I forgot to do it despite the fact that it’s obvious I did lol. ERAS-induced psychotic disorder is on its way.

Reactions: 2 users
Same...there have been times I have wondered if my submission was a dream and I forgot to do it despite the fact that it’s obvious I did lol. ERAS-induced psychotic disorder is on its way.
Like what if something in my app is keeping me from being complete. Uhhh..

Rando program or your home program/one you auditioned at?
I don't have a home program. It's random but I wouldn't mind going there. It's a FL program, and no, I didn't audition there. I actually interviewed at my Sub-I already, so technically this is my second interview.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Im starting to freak out that not having a CK score until November is going to hurt me. Im reading reddit threads where CK doesnt matter if high step 1 and others saying this cycle it matters bc Step 1 PF next yr. But like why would that go into effect now if Step 1 is still numerical for us. I am so screwed if i dont get any IIs until late November/Dec when i get my ck score
pilot test for next year?

Just got a invite for my backup speciality. Panicked on when to schedule it lol, decided on an early ish date so it can be a sorta practice session.

Someone plz send me an invite so I know my app doesn't have a bomb somewhere.

• Care
Reactions: 11 users
Like what if something in my app is keeping me from being complete. Uhhh..

Did you allow your dean to view your application? I don't know if they do this at all schools, but my school was able to go through everyone's applications to check for any incompletions and notify them if they forgot to assign certain documents

So the PD at the program where I auditioned just uploaded my LOR lol. I got excellent feedback from her and know her letter is going to be super strong... I added it to programs that didn't require an IM letter chair (because I only had 3 letters for those programs) but still kind of frustrating that many programs I applied to won't see this letter *sigh*

Also: I guess there's a chance that some programs I uploaded it to won't even see it if they already downloaded my application or what not. Ugh. Such is life I guess!

Did you allow your dean to view your application? I don't know if they do this at all schools, but my school was able to go through everyone's applications to check for any incompletions and notify them if they forgot to assign certain documents
I did no clue if my school does this or not

pilot test for next year?
Maybe but like how is that fair? Its still numerical and what would they even be testing? So frustrating because I believe my app other than not having a CK score is strong. All my hard work would have gone to nothing essentially. I shouldnt have listened to my advisors telling me to wait

Got my first interview invite, neuro program in PA, just a random program I’ve never visited but excited to get the ball rolling!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
Maybe but like how is that fair? Its still numerical and what would they even be testing? So frustrating because I believe my app other than not having a CK score is strong. All my hard work would have gone to nothing essentially. I shouldnt have listened to my advisors telling me to wait
I would think that you will okay with your high S1 score. plus, its not ortho that you are applying to.

So apparently Thalamus is a thing that exists.

Also yay II.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 9 users
My level 2 and Step 2CK scores aren't back yet, and step 1 and level 1 are much much lower (like way lower) than yours and I still got a neuro interview today. I think you should be fine for IM.

• Care
My level 2 and Step 2CK scores aren't back yet, and step 1 and level 1 are much much lower (like way lower) than yours and I still got a neuro interview today. I think you should be fine for IM.
Do you have any connection to Florida?

Do you have any connection to Florida?
Nope. But I'm an immigrant, and FL's population does include a lot of people from my country. So that may as well be the reason why I actually got the interview. I guess we'll see how other states treat me.

Got another FM offer, this time in PA, but they dont offer a option to schedule anything???

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Got my first invite for IM! Nice to know my app isn't complete trash lol

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
First invite! Med-Peds, not my home program
immediately came home and poured myself a glass of stress relief/celebratory wine

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Damn. I’m wondering if there was something crazy on my app that I didn’t know about. Maybe rads just takes a moment.

Hopefully we are all just being neurotic and we will all start getting lots of interviews

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Damn. I’m wondering if there was something crazy on my app that I didn’t know about. Maybe rads just takes a moment.
Rads is slow don’t worry. I didn’t get an interview the first week at all. I only got one email the entire first week asking for a supplemental and started getting worried. Interviews will come

Its crazy how much this process controls your emotions. Im not an anxious person at all normally. Today I got one rejection and instantly wondered if I had applied to enough programs (Family med applied to 50 with zero red flags lol). Then my brain went to really dark places. I am on a sub-i at a place with psychology residents and pharmacy residents and even PA residents. They've had students this past week rotating with them as well and I seriously started thinking "what if the residency placed these other students here to test how I interact with them... Are they even students? How much did the residency pay them? Wtf. I can't believe they'd do something like that. I don't even wanna go here anymore."

I snapped outta it

• Care
There should be a ban on using the term “radio silence” for at least 2 weeks. Y’all it’s not even October!

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I know it's easy for me to say since I got an interview, but guys it's only been ONE day! You will get interviews I'm sure of it

• Love
This is why I don’t date… it’s been one day, why don’t you love me back!!

• Haha
Some of these are from pages ago... I'm a bit busy now...

How do you assign separate personal statements to the research and general/regular track at the same program?
You don't. Tracks are all part of a single ERAS account. You get one personal statement. Don't worry, programs will deal.

so how does this work can you pick from a variety of interview dates? and does it matter if you pick a date later in the cycle? realistically it would make sense that it doesnt matter when u interview between now and jan since rank is in feb or maybe im wrong
It makes no difference -- one of the huge benefits of the match
Damn, I realized I accidentally applied to the IM primary care track, not prelim track, to one of my top programs. Went and added the prelim, but really hoping that won’t screw me.
I don't know if you can withdraw from a track -- but you definitely don't want to withdraw your entire app. If it's clear you want the prelim, I'm sure they will figure it out.