MD & DO Co’22 ERAS Panic Thread

sunshinefl

All Gold Everything
7+ Year Member
Gold Member
  • Jul 28, 2014
    The Swamp
    1. Resident [Any Field]
      I just paid & applied on ERAS... Been certified for weeks though. I've also had my Comlex status authorized for weeks. Why then does it just say that my Comlex status report is now processing? Will my Comlex scores take a few days to be available to programs or will I be okay by Sept 29 morning of?
      It didn’t process because you didn’t pay yet.

it should only take minutes.

About the Ads
      About the Ads

Scrubb

5+ Year Member
      Jun 18, 2015
      1. Medical Student
        If I have a letter (4th letter) being uploaded tomorrow will it potentially be missed (and not "downloaded") by reviewers. I am confused about how this works. Any explanation would be appreciated!

hebrewBAMmer

7+ Year Member
        Sep 8, 2012
          My 2 anesthesia friends and 1 radiology friend got same day interviews

Scared The Muppets GIF

• Haha
          Reactions: 4 users

Steve_Zissou

Army
          7+ Year Member
        • Aug 4, 2014
            Do apps go out tomorrow?

Don't stress bro, you'll kill it. Interview season is a very weird mix of stress but also a lot of fun
            They do go out tomorrow. Also, I’m applying DR, so if they do go out by Friday I’ll be very happy.

I was practicing today and just realizing how much room there is to fumble through questions.

About the Ads

fldoctorgirl

M4
            2+ Year Member
            Feb 13, 2017
            1. Medical Student
              I like what Ortho is doing with having all interview invites go out on the same day and giving applicants 48 hours to respond. This mess of having to pull off on the side of the road to make sure you lock in a spot is crazy.

Reactions: 8 users

Steve_Zissou

Army
              7+ Year Member
            • Aug 4, 2014
                I like what Ortho is doing with having all interview invites go out on the same day and giving applicants 48 hours to respond. This mess of having to pull off on the side of the road to make sure you lock in a spot is crazy.
                ****, I'll just crash and work the story into my "tell me about a time you overcame hardship" interview response.

• Haha
                Reactions: 7 users

DOVinciRobot

General Surgery PGY-1
                Apr 2, 2021
                Seafood Buffet
                1. Resident [Any Field]
                  They do go out tomorrow. Also, I’m applying DR, so if they do go out by Friday I’ll be very happy.

I was practicing today and just realizing how much room there is to fumble through questions.
                  Haha I know, I was kidding. I have no idea when DR invites are going out. But you'll be just fine.

It's honestly not that bad. Residency interviews are not as antagonistic as medical school interviews are. Remember that you are interviewing them almost as much as they are you.

Reactions: 1 users

Steve_Zissou

Army
                  7+ Year Member
                • Aug 4, 2014
                    Haha I know, I was kidding. I have no idea when DR invites are going out. But you'll be just fine.

It's honestly not that bad. Residency interviews are not as antagonistic as medical school interviews are. Remember that you are interviewing them almost as much as they are you.
                    I’ll just picture them naked so I don’t get nervous.

• Haha
                    Reactions: 2 users

Deecee2DO

Medical Student
                    5+ Year Member
                    Mar 28, 2015
                    New Jersey
                    1. Medical Student
                      so how does this work can you pick from a variety of interview dates? and does it matter if you pick a date later in the cycle? realistically it would make sense that it doesnt matter when u interview between now and jan since rank is in feb or maybe im wrong

Reactions: 1 user

DrDummyAccount

Jun 26, 2020
                      1. Medical Student
                        ACOG recommended this method for OBGYN programs too. Anyone know if OB plans on following suit?

About the Ads

DOVinciRobot

General Surgery PGY-1
                        Apr 2, 2021
                        Seafood Buffet
                        1. Resident [Any Field]
                          so how does this work can you pick from a variety of interview dates? and does it matter if you pick a date later in the cycle? realistically it would make sense that it doesnt matter when u interview between now and jan since rank is in feb or maybe im wrong
                          Nah it doesn’t matter. I didn’t interview at the program I’m at until January

sunshinefl

All Gold Everything
                          7+ Year Member
                          Gold Member
                        • Jul 28, 2014
                          The Swamp
                          1. Resident [Any Field]
                            Happy ERAS Eve!!! 🎉

What specialties were they?
                            Internal Medicine started day 1.
                            Nah it doesn’t matter. I didn’t interview at the program I’m at until January
                            I also interviewed at my current program in January after getting a “maybe” message in November and interview invite in late December.

sunshinefl

All Gold Everything
                            7+ Year Member
                            Gold Member
                          • Jul 28, 2014
                            The Swamp
                            1. Resident [Any Field]
                              In preparation for tomorrow, please please please have some way that you get alerts from your email address you gave ERAS. I really advocate having them forwarded as a text to your phone number as that is faster then just the generic email app even with refresh settings the highest they can be. I also set up a forward to my husband’s phone as a back up.

Reactions: 6 users

fldoctorgirl

M4
                              2+ Year Member
                              Feb 13, 2017
                              1. Medical Student
                                I'm not sure about the logistics to be honest. I would assume it doesn't matter. The date is also fairly late (November 18th I think) so the interview season itself will probably be fairly short.

Chelsea FC

7+ Year Member
                                May 21, 2013
                                1. Medical Student
                                  Yesterday morning my letter writer emailed me that she would get my letter out before the night ended. She said don’t worry, I got you, yet Still no letter. Don’t think I can email her again after messaging her a day ago. Stuff like this annoys me. Luckily I have 3 letters already.

• Wow

Deecee2DO

Medical Student
                                  5+ Year Member
                                  Mar 28, 2015
                                  New Jersey
                                  1. Medical Student
                                    Programs also have waitlists for interview dates.
                                    Does this mean responses are super time sensitive and u could end up on the waitlist if you dont respond immediately (like within minutes?). I really hope thats not the case lol and if you are on the waitlist are you not guaranteed to get off?

Chelsea FC

7+ Year Member
                                    May 21, 2013
                                    1. Medical Student
                                      Does this mean responses are super time sensitive and u could end up on the waitlist if you dont respond immediately (like within minutes?). I really hope thats not the case lol and if you are on the waitlist are you not guaranteed to get off?
                                      And here you thought the stress was all done haha. This blows

Reactions: 6 users

Deecee2DO

Medical Student
                                      5+ Year Member
                                      Mar 28, 2015
                                      New Jersey
                                      1. Medical Student
                                        And here you thought the stress was all done haha. This blows
                                        I mean the fact that this is the case is kind of unacceptable lol but it is what it is. Your opportunity at a program shouldnt be based on how fast you respond to an email smh lmao. Im taking Level 2 today so if I get invites today im **** out of luck

• Care
                                        Reactions: 4 users

Cranjis McBasketball

5+ Year Member
                                        Jul 20, 2015
                                        1. Medical Student
                                          I mean the fact that this is the case is kind of unacceptable lol but it is what it is. Your opportunity at a program shouldnt be based on how fast you respond to an email smh lmao. Im taking Level 2 today so if I get invites today im **** out of luck
                                          Anyone else able to monitor your emails and respond?

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                                          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                                          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                                          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                                          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                                          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                                          7. This thread is locked.