Colorado State c/o 2021 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys, my CSU supplemental page says that they haven't received anything, including my GRE which was sent in July. Is anyone else having this problem? I'm only asking because the page says that things will be downloaded at certain times. Does that mean they won't receive them until then? Thanks for any help.
They've definitely received my stuff but their online system won't be updated until September 30th

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys, my CSU supplemental page says that they haven't received anything, including my GRE which was sent in July. Is anyone else having this problem? I'm only asking because the page says that things will be downloaded at certain times. Does that mean they won't receive them until then? Thanks for any help.
YES! Its funny you mention the GRE....I found out on my GRE portal on ETS, that the scores were NEVER DELIVERED. Even though its electronic and it was the correct school code. ETS is in the process of fixing it, so that may be something to look into.

They've definitely received my stuff but their online system won't be updated until September 30th
How did you find out about the entire online system not being updated until the 30th? I see online they mention that about the GRE scores, but didnt see that for the entirety. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)

That's kind of silly isn't it? They specifically point you to their online system when checking the status of materials, but they don't update it until after the deadline? That's really weird.

How did you find out about the entire online system not being updated until the 30th? I see online they mention that about the GRE scores, but didnt see that for the entirety. Thanks!
Yeah I contacted them to make sure they got everything which they have and the lady said that their portals won't update until the end of the month which k find absolutely ridiculous because of the anxiety it causes everyone

YES! Its funny you mention the GRE....I found out on my GRE portal on ETS, that the scores were NEVER DELIVERED. Even though its electronic and it was the correct school code. ETS is in the process of fixing it, so that may be something to look into.

This happened to me too, all my other schools got it according to VMCAS, but when I log on to the ETS website it says it wasn't reported because "the institution doesnt accept GRE scores." At least the dont need it in until later, so hopefully it gets resolved soon

For the most part, if you are polite and kind, if you call to ask about materials or application questions, the people in admissions are pretty awesome!

They do have bad days, especially when many people who are less polite and more pissy call, but for the most part, they will do their best to help you out.

I had a transcript problem and they totally helped me sort it out and put a note to watch in case it went to the wrong place (late, because that school was evil). I even got a message when it was found and all was right with the world.

They deserve cookies. Lots of them!

For the most part, if you are polite and kind, if you call to ask about materials or application questions, the people in admissions are pretty awesome!

They do have bad days, especially when many people who are less polite and more pissy call, but for the most part, they will do their best to help you out.

I had a transcript problem and they totally helped me sort it out and put a note to watch in case it went to the wrong place (late, because that school was evil). I even got a message when it was found and all was right with the world.

They deserve cookies. Lots of them!
(Last year)

This happened to me too, all my other schools got it according to VMCAS, but when I log on to the ETS website it says it wasn't reported because "the institution doesnt accept GRE scores." At least the dont need it in until later, so hopefully it gets resolved soon
Exactly!

Any current CSU students around - especially clinical year students?? Ive just scheduled a 1 week rotation with the Oncology service and would love to talk to someone about the hospital/ the syllabus they sent me!

Any current CSU students around - especially clinical year students?? Ive just scheduled a 1 week rotation with the Oncology service and would love to talk to someone about the hospital/ the syllabus they sent me!
I know some are following last year's thread. I haven't seen many on this year's thread.

I called them, and they said they won't be posting GRE scores until at least September 30th.

I emailed them about the GRE thing last week and they said it looks like that because they won't download them 'till October, and if they still don't see it then they email us to resend
Hope this helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
I just finished a rotation on oncology as a third year. I'll do my best answering questions, what would you like to know?

Hello everyone! I know this thread hasn't been posted in for a month or so, but I just had a quick question about CSU!!

Regarding GPA, I've heard that as long as you have higher than a 3.4, you are automatically through that first round, otherwise, they go through your app and decide if you deserve to go onto the next round! So for this GPA, is that the pre-req GPA or your entire cumulative GPA?
I'm pretty sure it's the cumulative, but my older sister mentioned that for PT school (which she's in) the GPA they stated was the GPA they wanted for the pre-reqs only. Does this make sense?

I'm really hoping the 3.4 is the cumulative, otherwise I have no idea how I'll get into any school, let alone CSU (my dream school!!)

Thank you! :) Hope all is well!

Hello everyone! I know this thread hasn't been posted in for a month or so, but I just had a quick question about CSU!!

Regarding GPA, I've heard that as long as you have higher than a 3.4, you are automatically through that first round, otherwise, they go through your app and decide if you deserve to go onto the next round! So for this GPA, is that the pre-req GPA or your entire cumulative GPA?
I'm pretty sure it's the cumulative, but my older sister mentioned that for PT school (which she's in) the GPA they stated was the GPA they wanted for the pre-reqs only. Does this make sense?

I'm really hoping the 3.4 is the cumulative, otherwise I have no idea how I'll get into any school, let alone CSU (my dream school!!)

Thank you! :) Hope all is well!

Yes I belive that this is the cumulative GPA. I read it on their website. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure.

Hello all!! :)
My name is Ashley I'm from Illinois and I'm excited about applying to CSU this cycle! Best of luck to all! :luck:

hey guys, I'm currently a masters student at CSU, I work at the vet teaching hospital and am applying to the vet school and I have lived in Fort Collins for 2 years. Let me know if you have any questions! Good luck to you all!

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know if CSU would/when like to receive our fall transcripts and if our fall courses are used in the calculation of our GPAs?
I'm not able to find the information online-Thanks!

I was reading about MMI and PPI, can someone share what these acronyms mean? Applying to CSU, good luck to all!

I was reading about MMI and PPI, can someone share what these acronyms mean? Applying to CSU, good luck to all!
MMI is an interview format/type, I believe it stands for "multiple mini interview"

The PPI was something that ETS (same company that produces the GRE) used to offer. I forget what it stood for, Personal something Index. It was basically a sort of online recommendation/evaluation system, where you requested 3 people and they could rank how well you exhibit various positive attributes. CSU used to require the PPI, but the company discontinued it last year, so starting this year it's no longer required and CSU uses the letters of recommendation from VMCAS instead. I'm glad, because gathering the PPI in addition to all VMCAS materials was a pain.

Reactions: 2 users
Not sure if folks noticed but the online portal has updated to say: VMCAS APPLICATION and LORs will be downloaded from your VMCAS t your application status page on October 31.

Not sure if folks noticed but the online portal has updated to say: VMCAS APPLICATION and LORs will be downloaded from your VMCAS t your application status page on October 31.

I figured that just meant they have yet to download, and if there is something wrong we will be notified after that date

Oops, ignore this! SDN glitched out on my browser and didn't show the rest of the posts that related to my answer to someone's question on here. How can I delete this post?

hey guys, I'm currently a masters student at CSU, I work at the vet teaching hospital and am applying to the vet school and I have lived in Fort Collins for 2 years. Let me know if you have any questions! Good luck to you all!
Hello! What are you doing your masters in?

Thank you :)

Does anyone have the link of where to login so we can access our portal?

Oh also, not that it really matters, but I just noticed that they downloaded my VMCAS application to my status page. Seems like they are doing it earlier than the 31st.

Oh also, not that it really matters, but I just noticed that they downloaded my VMCAS application to my status page. Seems like they are doing it earlier than the 31st.
Oh yeah hey mine is too!

thats so cool! I really love the program! how are you doing now? have you been working as an embryologist?
I didn't get in to vet school :(, so I went on to work. I am up in Montana at a commercial IVF lab, but looking to move somewhere else. The PhD student was one of my classmates, everybody else has a job in IVF land. 1 of the others is headed to med school this year for sure, the other is in interviews. We all keep in contact. I loved my classmates!:love:

I loved the program! 10 out of 10 would recommend!

I didn't get in to vet school :(, so I went on to work. I am up in Montana at a commercial IVF lab, but looking to move somewhere else. The PhD student was one of my classmates, everybody else has a job in IVF land. 1 of the others is headed to med school this year for sure, the other is in interviews. We all keep in contact. I loved my classmates!:love:

I loved the program! 10 out of 10 would recommend!
I would highly recommend it too! This is my second masters so I'm hoping it continues to help me get into vet school!

I would highly recommend it too! This is my second masters so I'm hoping it continues to help me get into vet school!
I know 2, possibly more of last year's students did head to vet school. (I thought I was told a third and maybe 4th, but when you are talking to different people and bad with names...)

I know 2, possibly more of last year's students did head to vet school. (I thought I was told a third and maybe 4th, but when you are talking to different people and bad with names...)
glad to hear that!

I had a dream, nay, - nightmare last night in which I had an interview at CSU at 9 in the morning. I booked a flight and it was to leave only hours before the interview started. Of course that didn't pan out well and I missed my interview. :confused:

Does anyone know when they begin to notify? November or December? It doesn't matter at this point, but I'm just curious :laugh:

Does anyone know when they begin to notify? November or December? It doesn't matter at this point, but I'm just curious :laugh:

This is on the portal: "Invite-to-Interview notices will be sent via email and posted here on your application status page in mid-December."

This is on the portal: "Invite-to-Interview notices will be sent via email and posted here on your application status page in mid-December."

For some added context, in the past they used to notify combined degree applicants about acceptances/denies/waitlists in late November/early December and then would notify the general pool about acceptances/denies/waitlists in mid to late December. Since they're adding interviews into the process they're now sending interview invites around mid to late December (included in this round are, I assume, interview denials and waitlists as well?), interviewing in January, and then sending acceptances/denies/waitlists around February-ish.

Here's a link where they explain their application review process in a little more detail: http://csu-cvmbs.colostate.edu/Documents/dvm-phased-admissions-process.pdf

For some added context, in the past they used to notify combined degree applicants about acceptances/denies/waitlists in late November/early December and then would notify the general pool about acceptances/denies/waitlists in mid to late December. Since they're adding interviews into the process they're now sending interview invites around mid to late December (included in this round are, I assume, interview denials and waitlists as well?), interviewing in January, and then sending acceptances/denies/waitlists around February-ish.

Here's a link where they explain their application review process in a little more detail: http://csu-cvmbs.colostate.edu/Documents/dvm-phased-admissions-process.pdf

thank you!

Hey guys. For the life of me I can’t figure out how to view the applicant status page. Can anyone point me to this? I can see that my application is submitted, but don’t know where to go from there. Thanks!

Hey guys. For the life of me I can’t figure out how to view the applicant status page. Can anyone point me to this? I can see that my application is submitted, but don’t know where to go from there. Thanks!
If you log into the portal, it shows your app at the bottom. Click that and open the app and it'll show you what's been received and such. Took me a while to figure out too because you actually have to OPEN the app :blackeye:

If you log into the portal, it shows your app at the bottom. Click that and open the app and it'll show you what's been received and such. Took me a while to figure out too because you actually have to OPEN the app :blackeye:
Ahhh thank you so much!

Interviewed on Oct 31st. Hoping to get that call on Dec 1st :)

Interviewed on Oct 31st. Hoping to get that call on Dec 1st :)
Hi! I saw that you posted on the 2021 UFL pre-vet thread about dental school, so just letting you know that you're still on the pre-vet forum ;):)
(Don't want anyone freaking out about interviews when Colorado hasn't sent anything out about them yet for vet school :))
But good luck with dental school interviews and acceptances!!!
Also, if you look at the top of the thread, it'll say what forum you're on so you'll know if you're in the correct place or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Hi! I saw that you posted on the 2021 UFL pre-vet thread about dental school, so just letting you know that you're still on the pre-vet forum ;):)
(Don't want anyone freaking out about interviews when Colorado hasn't sent anything out about them yet for vet school :))
But good luck with dental school interviews and acceptances!!!
Also, if you look at the top of the thread, it'll say what forum you're on so you'll know if you're in the correct place or not.
yep i def just had a small heart attack.

Reactions: 1 users