Colorado State c/o 2023 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Y'all are making me so nervous...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Where did you see that? I applied to a combined program and don't see anything on my portal
Maybe not all of them have been released then. It was for the MPH combined program. I just logged into the application status page and the message was at the top of the screen. I didn't get an email or anything.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe not all of them have been released then. It was for the MPH combined program. I just logged into the application status page and the message was at the top of the screen. I didn't get an email or anything.

Oh okay. I applied for the DVM/MBA program so maybe that's why. Best of luck in the DVM pool, though!!

Don’t lose hope! The dual degree programs are super competitive and not getting into one is completely unrelated to your chances in the regular DVM pool.

Reactions: 1 users
Don’t lose hope! The dual degree programs are super competitive and not getting into one is completely unrelated to your chances in the regular DVM pool.
I'm still hopeful I've seen your posts about your experience and I'm hanging in there, just trying to not have any expectations.

RedLauren, how much do you know about the preparatory program that CSU CVM has?

I'm still hopeful I've seen your posts about your experience and I'm hanging in there, just trying to not have any expectations.

I also applied to the MPH combined program and didn’t get in so dont worry you arent alone haha we’ve still got a shot!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

RedLauren, how much do you know about the preparatory program that CSU CVM has?
Vet prep? I’ve heard a bit about and I have some classmates who did it who seem just as qualified and prepared as everyone else in our class.

Did you have any specific questions?

Vet prep? I’ve heard a bit about and I have some classmates who did it who seem just as qualified and prepared as everyone else in our class.

Yes vet prep & you actually just answered the question I would have asked...Thanks!

My former roommate was in this program and she's a fabulous doctor now! Most of the people I know who were selected for the program seem to have done quite well, especially with the support they receive from the program

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I know! It’s a year long program though, correct?
Yes. You get a masters in one year (I think I’ve heard you only pay like $10,000 for that one year) then when you start vet school the next year you get in state tuition. It takes a year longer but you end up saving a ton of money. Honestly if it was offered to me I would’ve done it.

Has any OOS heard from them yet? If not, tomorrow's the day!!!!

Nothing here. I have tomorrow marked in my calendar to hear from them. My nervousness is out of control lol

Reactions: 3 users
The email I got was tomorrow by 5pm mountain time (so 7pm EST) which is going to drive me insane because I have a five hour drive home tomorrow so I won't be able to check my email o_O

Has any OOS heard from them yet? If not, tomorrow's the day!!!!
I'm not sure you'll hear before tomorrow, CSU historically likes to release decisions at the very end of our finals week, which is tomorrow.

Regardless of when you all hear back, best of luck everyone! :luck:

Reactions: 4 users
I'm not sure you'll hear before tomorrow, CSU historically likes to release decisions at the very end of our finals week, which is tomorrow.

Regardless of when you all hear back, best of luck everyone! :luck:

They sent an email that they would be updating the portals by the end of the day on December 14th

does anyone know if CSU ever gives scholarship to certain students or how that works?

If they said it’ll be tomorrow it’ll be tomorrow. We just finished our final exams today so they are probably working on grading and getting all of that in order.

Reactions: 2 users
does anyone know if CSU ever gives scholarship to certain students or how that works?
Yes they do. Almost all of the scholarships are given out to second years and above, because they want you to prove yourself as a vet student.

With that being said, recruitment scholarships for first years are possible, I got one! But in my scholarship letter it said “Scholarships for first year students are exceptionally rare so please be aware of how special this is.”

I didn’t apply for my scholarship it was just offered to me. But the normal scholarship application opens in December and closes and March and you’ll have access to it once you start vet school. For most of them you have to have a minimum vet school GPA to apply.

Yes they do. Almost all of the scholarships are given out to second years and above, because they want you to prove yourself as a vet student.

With that being said, recruitment scholarships for first years are possible, I got one! But in my scholarship letter it said “Scholarships for first year students are exceptionally rare so please be aware of how special this is.”

I didn’t apply for my scholarship it was just offered to me. But the normal scholarship application opens in December and closes and March and you’ll have access to it once you start vet school. For most of them you have to have a minimum vet school GPA to apply.

Did your scholarship come with your acceptance letter or a few weeks after?

Time to start compulsively refreshing emails lol

yup its gonna be a long 24 hours and I have a final tomorrow so I really need to not think about it haha

Good luck everyone I’m rooting for you all!

:banana:

Reactions: 7 users
I'm so anxious I literally didn't fall asleep until 2am. This is going to be a long day. :nailbiting::nailbiting:

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know if invites are coming out in waves?

Got an invite to interview BUT the name of the email is not mine. I called and let them know and they had me forward it to someone in the office, does anyone know what this means??

Got an invite to interview BUT the name of the email is not mine. I called and let them know and they had me forward it to someone in the office, does anyone know what this means??

checked on my portal and it still say invite to interview I guess

Was it Danielle?? Hahaha I got that too

Reactions: 6 users
Got an invite to interview with the name Danielle... portal says I got an interview! I'm taking it!!

Reactions: 8 users
What was the email address to forward the email too? I got Danielle's too.
No need to call... I just did and they answered the call asking “Did you get admitted and the email for interview was addressed to Danielle?” They said everyone is getting it but that your acceptance is correct

No need to call... I just did and they answered the call asking “Did you get admitted and the email for interview was addressed to Danielle?” They said everyone is getting it but that your acceptance is correct
Thanks for the information! And congratulations!

ya the email i got back just said to disregard the name! Congrats to Danielle too :D

What does your portal look like? Mine hasn't changed so I guess I'm not getting one!

What does your portal look like? Mine hasn't changed so I guess I'm not getting one!

Per last year's thread it seems like they send all the invites all day long, so don't lose hope yet!

But congratulations to those of you who have gotten interviews! You'll rock them. Plus, they're doing really cool research right now for dog CBD oils. Dr. Stephanie McGrath is like the coolest person to me.

Reactions: 6 users
Per last year's thread it seems like they send all the invites all day long, so don't lose hope yet!

But congratulations to those of you who have gotten interviews! You'll rock them. Plus, they're doing really cool research right now for dog CBD oils. Dr. Stephanie McGrath is like the coolest person to me.
Thanks for this lol

And that sounds awesome!! Go Colorado

Thank you!!!

My last name starts with an N and I assume they are going in alphabetical order???

Of those who have received invites, IS or OOS??

OOS Interview Invite!! I also got the email with "Danielle" and was so scared it wasn't meant for me! haha