You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Colorado State c/o 2023 applicants
Started by RedLauren
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
superduck212
New Member
If you applied to a combined program, the decisions are on the portal.
Where did you see that? I applied to a combined program and don't see anything on my portal
Maybe not all of them have been released then. It was for the MPH combined program. I just logged into the application status page and the message was at the top of the screen. I didn't get an email or anything.Where did you see that? I applied to a combined program and don't see anything on my portal
Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
superduck212
New Member
Maybe not all of them have been released then. It was for the MPH combined program. I just logged into the application status page and the message was at the top of the screen. I didn't get an email or anything.
Oh okay. I applied for the DVM/MBA program so maybe that's why. Best of luck in the DVM pool, though!!
I'm still hopeful [emoji4] I've seen your posts about your experience and I'm hanging in there, just trying to not have any expectations.Don’t lose hope! The dual degree programs are super competitive and not getting into one is completely unrelated to your chances in the regular DVM pool.
Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using SDN mobile
I'm still hopeful [emoji4] I've seen your posts about your experience and I'm hanging in there, just trying to not have any expectations.
Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using SDN mobile
I also applied to the MPH combined program and didn’t get in so dont worry you arent alone haha we’ve still got a shot!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Vet prep? I’ve heard a bit about and I have some classmates who did it who seem just as qualified and prepared as everyone else in our class.RedLauren, how much do you know about the preparatory program that CSU CVM has?
Did you have any specific questions?
Ag_2016
Full Member
Vet prep? I’ve heard a bit about and I have some classmates who did it who seem just as qualified and prepared as everyone else in our class.
Did you have any specific questions?
Yes vet prep & you actually just answered the question I would have asked...Thanks!
My former roommate was in this program and she's a fabulous doctor now! Most of the people I know who were selected for the program seem to have done quite well, especially with the support they receive from the programVet prep? I’ve heard a bit about and I have some classmates who did it who seem just as qualified and prepared as everyone else in our class.
Did you have any specific questions?
Also - IN STATE TUITIONYes vet prep & you actually just answered the question I would have asked...Thanks!
Ag_2016
Full Member
Also - IN STATE TUITION
Yeah I know! It’s a year long program though, correct?
Yes. You get a masters in one year (I think I’ve heard you only pay like $10,000 for that one year) then when you start vet school the next year you get in state tuition. It takes a year longer but you end up saving a ton of money. Honestly if it was offered to me I would’ve done it.Yeah I know! It’s a year long program though, correct?
vetmedicine
Full Member
Has any OOS heard from them yet? If not, tomorrow's the day!!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
cowsarecool
Full Member
The email I got was tomorrow by 5pm mountain time (so 7pm EST) which is going to drive me insane because I have a five hour drive home tomorrow so I won't be able to check my email 😵
I'm not sure you'll hear before tomorrow, CSU historically likes to release decisions at the very end of our finals week, which is tomorrow.Has any OOS heard from them yet? If not, tomorrow's the day!!!!
Regardless of when you all hear back, best of luck everyone!

I'm not sure you'll hear before tomorrow, CSU historically likes to release decisions at the very end of our finals week, which is tomorrow.
Regardless of when you all hear back, best of luck everyone!![]()
They sent an email that they would be updating the portals by the end of the day on December 14th
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Well that's good. I don't know what emails they send you as I am a veterinary student at the school, not an applicant this cycle.They sent an email that they would be updating the portals by the end of the day on December 14th
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
vetmedicine
Full Member
does anyone know if CSU ever gives scholarship to certain students or how that works?
Yes they do. Almost all of the scholarships are given out to second years and above, because they want you to prove yourself as a vet student.does anyone know if CSU ever gives scholarship to certain students or how that works?
With that being said, recruitment scholarships for first years are possible, I got one! But in my scholarship letter it said “Scholarships for first year students are exceptionally rare so please be aware of how special this is.”
I didn’t apply for my scholarship it was just offered to me. But the normal scholarship application opens in December and closes and March and you’ll have access to it once you start vet school. For most of them you have to have a minimum vet school GPA to apply.
vetmedicine
Full Member
Yes they do. Almost all of the scholarships are given out to second years and above, because they want you to prove yourself as a vet student.
With that being said, recruitment scholarships for first years are possible, I got one! But in my scholarship letter it said “Scholarships for first year students are exceptionally rare so please be aware of how special this is.”
I didn’t apply for my scholarship it was just offered to me. But the normal scholarship application opens in December and closes and March and you’ll have access to it once you start vet school. For most of them you have to have a minimum vet school GPA to apply.
Did your scholarship come with your acceptance letter or a few weeks after?
It came just a few hours after. It was the same day.Did your scholarship come with your acceptance letter or a few weeks after?
yup its gonna be a long 24 hours and I have a final tomorrow so I really need to not think about it haha
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if invites are coming out in waves?
Got an invite to interview BUT the name of the email is not mine. I called and let them know and they had me forward it to someone in the office, does anyone know what this means??
checked on my portal and it still say invite to interview I guess
Pistachio556
Full Member
Was it Danielle?? Hahaha I got that tooGot an invite to interview BUT the name of the email is not mine. I called and let them know and they had me forward it to someone in the office, does anyone know what this means??
yes lol! Call the office and they had me forward it to a specific emailWas it Danielle?? Hahaha I got that too
boston2403
New Member
What was the email address to forward the email too? I got Danielle's too.yes lol! Call the office and they had me forward it to a specific email
Pistachio556
Full Member
No need to call... I just did and they answered the call asking “Did you get admitted and the email for interview was addressed to Danielle?” They said everyone is getting it but that your acceptance is correctWhat was the email address to forward the email too? I got Danielle's too.
boston2403
New Member
Thanks for the information! And congratulations!No need to call... I just did and they answered the call asking “Did you get admitted and the email for interview was addressed to Danielle?” They said everyone is getting it but that your acceptance is correct
What does your portal look like? Mine hasn't changed so I guess I'm not getting one!
Wow. That’s funny.What was the email address to forward the email too? I got Danielle's too.
What does your portal look like? Mine hasn't changed so I guess I'm not getting one!
Per last year's thread it seems like they send all the invites all day long, so don't lose hope yet!
But congratulations to those of you who have gotten interviews! You'll rock them. Plus, they're doing really cool research right now for dog CBD oils. Dr. Stephanie McGrath is like the coolest person to me.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks for this lolPer last year's thread it seems like they send all the invites all day long, so don't lose hope yet!
But congratulations to those of you who have gotten interviews! You'll rock them. Plus, they're doing really cool research right now for dog CBD oils. Dr. Stephanie McGrath is like the coolest person to me.
And that sounds awesome!! Go Colorado
Ag_2016
Full Member
Per last year's thread it seems like they send all the invites all day long, so don't lose hope yet!
But congratulations to those of you who have gotten interviews! You'll rock them. Plus, they're doing really cool research right now for dog CBD oils. Dr. Stephanie McGrath is like the coolest person to me.
Thank you!!!
My last name starts with an N and I assume they are going in alphabetical order???
Invite to interview, IS!!
OOS Interview Invite!! I also got the email with "Danielle" and was so scared it wasn't meant for me! haha
