-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Colorado State c/o 2023 applicants
Started by RedLauren
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
vetmedicine
Full Member
got an OOS interview!!!!!!!!!
vetmedicine
Full Member
OMG i got the same email with Danielle and freaked out until i checked my application portal hahahahahaha then i got another email after with no name!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pistachio556
Full Member
Registered for the 20th! Best of luck all 🙂
Pistachio556
Full Member
OOS, last name begins with PWhat does everyone's last name start with if you don't mind sharing?
*those who got interviews already
Last name starts with PWhat does everyone's last name start with if you don't mind sharing?
*those who got interviews already
I registered for the 19th!
For any of you willing can you please share your stats?
Congrats to those of you with interview invites!! Danielle especially lol
I haven't received an email yet, OOS last name B.
Update: Rejected via portal.
I haven't received an email yet, OOS last name B.
Update: Rejected via portal.
Last edited:
i also am oos and haven’t received an email yet! my portal also hasn’t changed [emoji53]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yeah portal just updated with a rejection too, congrats to everyone who got interviews!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I got my interview invite (around 1pm)! I also got the Danielle name interview invite. I thought it was ironic because my French name in high school French was Danielle--it's like they were looking at my past to see any other name I've ever been called haha.
CONGRATS EVERYONE!
Also: I chose the 20th as my interview day
EDIT: I should probably also mention that I am OOS. I am also an CSU undergraduate student, but that doesn't make any difference.
CONGRATS EVERYONE!
Also: I chose the 20th as my interview day
EDIT: I should probably also mention that I am OOS. I am also an CSU undergraduate student, but that doesn't make any difference.
Last edited:
No email, portal updated rejected. OOS
OOS, I got an email saying my portal was updated (rejected)
Rejection OOS via portal.
Congrats to everyone who got interviews!! So exciting!
Congrats to everyone who got interviews!! So exciting!
Emvólio_Epistímonas
Full Member
Rejection OOS via portal.
Good luck to everyone else!
Good luck to everyone else!
picklegurl
Full Member
OOS rejected. I can now officially remove this anxiety from my mind and move forward! Congrats to everyone that got an interview (that is awesome because we all know how competitive CSU is) and I am rooting for you all! 🙂
~Sprinkles
New Member
IS, got an interview Invite. Hope to see some of you on the 20th!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Big hugs for everyone who got an interview! Once you get to this point you actually have a pretty good chance of acceptance!
And for those who didn’t get an interview, don’t beat yourself up over it. CSU has the most (if not one of the most) competitive applicant to seat ratios for a DVM program - especially for out of state. Last year we had over 2100 applicants and I was told there were even more this year. That’s INSANE.
It’s still early in the game and plenty of schools have not sent out their invites yet. Chin up and keep on keepin on.
And for those who didn’t get an interview, don’t beat yourself up over it. CSU has the most (if not one of the most) competitive applicant to seat ratios for a DVM program - especially for out of state. Last year we had over 2100 applicants and I was told there were even more this year. That’s INSANE.
It’s still early in the game and plenty of schools have not sent out their invites yet. Chin up and keep on keepin on.
Harper’sMom
New Member
OOS rejection via portal.
Good luck to all the interviewees!!
Good luck to all the interviewees!!
So your question doesn't get lost in all of the commotion.For any of you willing can you please share your stats?
My cumulative GPA was 3.766. According to what my UC Davis portal said, my Science GPA was 3.67 and my last 45 GPA was 3.8. My GRE scores were: 161/156/5 V/Q/W. I, admittedly, have low veterinary experience hours but a solid chunk of animal experience hours (not sure of the total offhand).
OOS rejection! Expected this one lol
Thanks!! I was super confused when I got the follow-up email about disregard the name Danielleya the email i got back just said to disregard the name! Congrats to Danielle too 😀
Are you THE Danielle!?Danielle and I got an OOS interview. [emoji23]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
According to CSU I think we all are Danielles. Lol. I am not THE Danielle though.Are you THE Danielle!?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Strawberry_Sage
New Member
Hi y'all- OOS interview!! AHHH!!
Can anyone shed any status on the combined degree?
I applied to the MBA/DVM program and on my admissions page it lists two "Invite to Interviews" (both exactly the same, no designation if combined degree or simply regular admission pool).
I was expecting it to say MBA/DVM: Deny/Invite to Interview because I also applied to the MSA/DVM program and then withdrew that app and it clearly states MSA/DVM: Deny.
Can anyone shed any status on the combined degree?
I applied to the MBA/DVM program and on my admissions page it lists two "Invite to Interviews" (both exactly the same, no designation if combined degree or simply regular admission pool).
I was expecting it to say MBA/DVM: Deny/Invite to Interview because I also applied to the MSA/DVM program and then withdrew that app and it clearly states MSA/DVM: Deny.
That is interesting! As far as I knew it was only one interview? But you know what the good news is is that you’ll get in state tuition if accepted to it!Hi y'all- OOS interview!! AHHH!!
Can anyone shed any status on the combined degree?
I applied to the MBA/DVM program and on my admissions page it lists two "Invite to Interviews" (both exactly the same, no designation if combined degree or simply regular admission pool).
I was expecting it to say MBA/DVM: Deny/Invite to Interview because I also applied to the MSA/DVM program and then withdrew that app and it clearly states MSA/DVM: Deny.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi y'all- OOS interview!! AHHH!!
Can anyone shed any status on the combined degree?
I applied to the MBA/DVM program and on my admissions page it lists two "Invite to Interviews" (both exactly the same, no designation if combined degree or simply regular admission pool).
I was expecting it to say MBA/DVM: Deny/Invite to Interview because I also applied to the MSA/DVM program and then withdrew that app and it clearly states MSA/DVM: Deny.
I also applied for the MBA/DVM dual degree but I only have one interview invite listed on my portal. Maybe that means you're still in the running since you have two?? It does seem like it's only one interview no matter if you're dual degree or not. Regardless we both got invites and that's awesome 🙂
Strawberry_Sage
New Member
I also applied for the MBA/DVM dual degree but I only have one interview invite listed on my portal. Maybe that means you're still in the running since you have two?? It does seem like it's only one interview no matter if you're dual degree or not. Regardless we both got invites and that's awesome 🙂
Given the Danielle incident, it might also be an error lol! Thanks so much for sharing what your page has! Best of luck to you and congrats (also it's cool to hear of someone else who applied to the combined!)! definitely exciting either ways 🙂
Pistachio556
Full Member
Anyone with experience or know people with experience with MMIs? Is there any interaction during the interview or are you expected to just ramble for 6 minutes? Ugh makes me nervous 🙁
I did an MMI for RVC in Nov, not sure if CSU will follow the exact same format but usually, you are given something to read beforehand or given a prompt/task by the interviewer that you will discuss with them.
It's actually pretty fun at some stations! I wouldn't worry too much about not knowing an answer, After introducing myself I just talked out my thought process and some of them helped me along the way, by either agreeing or asking follow up questions! (I treated it as trying to explain something to a client or friend)
It's actually pretty fun at some stations! I wouldn't worry too much about not knowing an answer, After introducing myself I just talked out my thought process and some of them helped me along the way, by either agreeing or asking follow up questions! (I treated it as trying to explain something to a client or friend)