This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

__mel__

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

I am interested in Columbia’s post-bacc program due to their multiple linkage programs.

However, my undergrad GPA is low and I am obviously worried that I’ll immediately be weeded out because of this. I graduated from a top 20 public university (full tuition scholarship) with a 3.13 cGPA in biomedical engineering. (Graduated May 2017)

My SAT score is 1420 (Math + Critical Reading). I haven’t taken the GRE yet.

High school GPA was 4.16 (with 6 AP classes).

I’ve also been working as a medical scribe for nearly 2 years, both in the ED and outpatient clinics (surg onc and heme/med onc).

Additionally, I had a summer reasearch internship at Nanyang Technological University in Singapore. I also did research in biomechanics as an undergrad, which I presented at BMES for 2 consecutive years.

Thank you in advance for any recommendations or insight regarding the selection process/program!

- Mel
 
Last edited:
I didn't end up going there (chose the cheaper state program), but I ended up getting into Columbia's post-bacc with very similar stats. I think my UG GPA was 3.18 and my SAT was a 1440. The only thing different on my end was that I was a career changer, so I also have a law degree.