This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

__mel__

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am interested in Columbia’s post-bacc program due to their multiple linkage programs.

However, my undergrad GPA is low and I am obviously worried that I’ll immediately be weeded out because of this. I graduated from a top 20 public university (full tuition scholarship) with a 3.13 cGPA in biomedical engineering. (Graduated May 2017)

My SAT score is 1420 (Math + Critical Reading). I haven’t taken the GRE yet.

High school GPA was 4.16 (with 6 AP classes).

I’ve also been working as a medical scribe for nearly 2 years, both in the ED and outpatient clinics (surg onc and heme/med onc).

Additionally, I had a summer reasearch internship at Nanyang Technological University in Singapore. I also did research in biomechanics as an undergrad, which I presented at BMES for 2 consecutive years.

Thank you in advance for any recommendations or insight regarding the selection process/program!

- Mel

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I didn't end up going there (chose the cheaper state program), but I ended up getting into Columbia's post-bacc with very similar stats. I think my UG GPA was 3.18 and my SAT was a 1440. The only thing different on my end was that I was a career changer, so I also have a law degree.