Combine thank you note with update?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fouracle

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently interviewed at a school, and I was given a specific email for interviewed applicants to send thank you notes (to admissions, not interviewers) and updates.

Is it appropriate to thank admissions for giving me the opportunity to interview with my interviewers, and then in a later paragraph, add a recent honor I was given as an update?

Or should I separate those 2 emails, since they're in different "categories"?

Or should I write 1 sentence about my purpose for emailing, and then include the 2 letters as 2 separate attachments?

I realize this is highly neurotic, but I want to get my messages across as clearly as possible in the most appropriate way.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I recently interviewed at a school, and I was given a specific email for interviewed applicants to send thank you notes (to admissions, not interviewers) and updates.

Is it appropriate to thank admissions for giving me the opportunity to interview with my interviewers, and then in a later paragraph, add a recent honor I was given as an update?

Or should I separate those 2 emails, since they're in different "categories"?

Or should I write 1 sentence about my purpose for emailing, and then include the 2 letters as 2 separate attachments?

I realize this is highly neurotic, but I want to get my messages across as clearly as possible in the most appropriate way.

Love your way of thinking.

Hopefully you got the names of those who interviewed you. I sent mine thank you notes in addition to making it another opportunity to sell myself.

We are all in sales. Work it

Reactions: 1 users