COMP Class of 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah, Pasedena rocks. Thanks to Banafish for taking me there. He told me that the traffic is reverse as well. I drove there once and there was no traffic, it was pretty quick.

kicksmack said:
Hey Jake also i just read your earlier note about looking for an area with like an actual town (and not like an Applebees claiming to be a town). Im looking for this too just so i dont get all depressed and there's at least like a coffee shop or something to go study at. Well im thinking that Pasadena might actually be good. I know it seems a bit further (and it is) than like upland or whatever...but I timed the commute. It's 25 minutes (even at "rush hour") because it's a reverse commute. Some of the people at my interview said that some but not many lived in Pasedena. BUT they also said that from chino and upland and stuff (all those east of Pomona) took like 20 minutes to get to school. So check pasadena out. it's way nicer and only like 5 or 7 minutes further than some of those other places.

somebody correct me if im wrong on this too.

k

Members don't see this ad.

Yo peeps...
I'm goin' to SoCal tonight and plan on checking out most areas around school to get a feel for the scene and find a place. I have no idea what i'm bound to find in terms of quality, area, and cost. I may be interested in gettin' a roomate or perhaps even a house (3-4 bdrms) to share with my fellow first-years... If anybody is interested (i'm not certain about this also.. just toying with the idea) please pm me and we'll swap emails/phone for follow up.

Also - if anybody wants me to check out something particular let me know and if it's convenient for me, I'll help you out.

i don't know about the rest of you, but i'm just crazy psyched to start school! I just can't wait to start learnin' this **** and to meet all of you and to just have a blast in SoCal... I have a great feeling about times to come!

kicksmack said:
Yo Jake (or anyone)

Hope you stuck with Comp because im coming and am stoked to find someone who wants to take advantage of the active part of the So Cal scene. Just actually got back from Bishop...it was beautiful. well send me a line if your still in for some climbing. i need a roomate too.

Hey COMPers! Going to COMP next year for sure, and also looking for a place. Which is better/closer to campus Chino Hills or Rancho?

Thanks! I look forward to meeting you all soon! Soooo ready to start med school!

Skooled2much said:
Yo peeps...
I'm goin' to SoCal tonight and plan on checking out most areas around school to get a feel for the scene and find a place. I have no idea what i'm bound to find in terms of quality, area, and cost. I may be interested in gettin' a roomate or perhaps even a house (3-4 bdrms) to share with my fellow first-years... If anybody is interested (i'm not certain about this also.. just toying with the idea) please pm me and we'll swap emails/phone for follow up.

Also - if anybody wants me to check out something particular let me know and if it's convenient for me, I'll help you out.

i don't know about the rest of you, but i'm just crazy psyched to start school! I just can't wait to start learnin' this **** and to meet all of you and to just have a blast in SoCal... I have a great feeling about times to come!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm excited to start class too!

Plus, I already had my first "what's a DO, is that a real doctor?" conversation the other night, so that's out of the way. :laugh: I was at a friend's house for dinner, an emergency physician at a big hospital up here in Seattle, and his girlfriend was the one that asked. It was fun, although I hate being on the spot like that. I got to explain it to a couple people there...I think I gave a good spiel.

This friend of mine happens to be quite supportive of my upcoming DO education, and his girlfriend was not biased, just not aware.

I want to really polish my presentation for the next time I am asked a similar question...be able to explain clearly my education and future practice rights without using defensive or reactive language.

By the way, are any of you NWtrackers? I just found a great list of preceptors for WA, AL, OR, ID, and MT.

Northwest Osteopathic Medical Foundation

Later,

Jake

Dr. K said:
Hey COMPers! Going to COMP next year for sure, and also looking for a place. Which is better/closer to campus Chino Hills or Rancho?

Thanks! I look forward to meeting you all soon! Soooo ready to start med school!

Chino Hills is about 8-12 minutes away from school. Rancho Cucamonga is more like 15-20 minutes traffic-free. The path from Chino Hills is also mostly side-streets while Rancho Cucamonga primarily uses the I-10 highway.

JakeHarley said:
I'm excited to start class too!

Plus, I already had my first "what's a DO, is that a real doctor?" conversation the other night, so that's out of the way. :laugh: I was at a friend's house for dinner, an emergency physician at a big hospital up here in Seattle, and his girlfriend was the one that asked. It was fun, although I hate being on the spot like that. I got to explain it to a couple people there...I think I gave a good spiel.

This friend of mine happens to be quite supportive of my upcoming DO education, and his girlfriend was not biased, just not aware.

I want to really polish my presentation for the next time I am asked a similar question...be able to explain clearly my education and future practice rights without using defensive or reactive language.

By the way, are any of you NWtrackers? I just found a great list of preceptors for WA, AL, OR, ID, and MT.

Northwest Osteopathic Medical Foundation

Later,

Jake

thanks for the list!
I'm not holding my breath for UW's unranked list... so see you next year!
Do you know where to find the list for the 3rd/4th year rotations? I can't remember if Virginia Mason was the only Seattle hospital or not (i'd rather not be at Valley Medical or down in Tacoma)

just so it stays fresh in your head... i'm thinkin' about a 3-4 bdrm rental. Is there anybody out there that might be interested?

Skooled2much said:
Yo peeps...

emeraldcity said:
thanks for the list!
I'm not holding my breath for UW's unranked list... so see you next year!
Do you know where to find the list for the 3rd/4th year rotations? I can't remember if Virginia Mason was the only Seattle hospital or not (i'd rather not be at Valley Medical or down in Tacoma)

There is actually no choice, we will be doing our entire 3rd year in Tacoma. I think the only core rotation that we will be doing in Seattle is EM at Virginia Mason, at least that's what I remember from talking to Dirk Foley. However, since pretty much the entire 4th year is elective rotations, we can do them anywhere they'll take us...which is actually quite a few places in the region in my understanding.

There was a list that the admissions office was sending out to people last year, and on that list were sites in the NW where COMP students had rotated at in the past for electives. That list didn't actually have anything to do with NW track, except that we can probably do our electives at many of the same places.

Are you living in Seattle now? When are you thinking about moving down?

JakeHarley said:
There is actually no choice, we will be doing our entire 3rd year in Tacoma. I think the only core rotation that we will be doing in Seattle is EM at Virginia Mason, at least that's what I remember from talking to Dirk Foley. However, since pretty much the entire 4th year is elective rotations, we can do them anywhere they'll take us...which is actually quite a few places in the region in my understanding.

There was a list that the admissions office was sending out to people last year, and on that list were sites in the NW where COMP students had rotated at in the past for electives. That list didn't actually have anything to do with NW track, except that we can probably do our electives at many of the same places.

Are you living in Seattle now? When are you thinking about moving down?

Thanks for that! Didn't realize we'd all be in T-town for 3rd year. Oh well.

Yup! I live out on the eastside, Bellevue yuppie-ville. =)
*ugh* moving...
I have no clue. I was thinking I'd head down sometime in June to look for places, and then con one of my friends to help my drive my stuff down mid July? Not sure how far from school or where I want to be yet...
how about you?

emeraldcity said:
Thanks for that! Didn't realize we'd all be in T-town for 3rd year. Oh well.

Yup! I live out on the eastside, Bellevue yuppie-ville. =)
*ugh* moving...
I have no clue. I was thinking I'd head down sometime in June to look for places, and then con one of my friends to help my drive my stuff down mid July? Not sure how far from school or where I want to be yet...
how about you?

Pretty much the same thing....I don't know yet! I am in 'negotiations' with my significant other about whether or not she's coming down too.

I feel like I would rather be up here in July, but I also don't want to be rushing to settle in at the beginning of August. I'm thinking about finding a place I can move into early July, but spend the rest of the month up here visiting family and friends.

T town won't be too bad I think. I have a friend that commutes from Eastlake to Federal Way every day, he's in the car about 40 minutes each way, but its against traffic so its not too bad. So, living in Seattle might be feasible....

JakeHarley said:
Pretty much the same thing....I don't know yet! I am in 'negotiations' with my significant other about whether or not she's coming down too.

I feel like I would rather be up here in July, but I also don't want to be rushing to settle in at the beginning of August. I'm thinking about finding a place I can move into early July, but spend the rest of the month up here visiting family and friends.

T town won't be too bad I think. I have a friend that commutes from Eastlake to Federal Way every day, he's in the car about 40 minutes each way, but its against traffic so its not too bad. So, living in Seattle might be feasible....

Yeah. I don't plan on doing ISAC, and I want to enjoy one of my last summers before my life ends. *haha*

If I were you, I would try to convince your girlfriend as much as possible to come. If she's in a place where she has the freedom to move, I think she should do it. I was just out in Philly for two years for my masters, and had to end a really good relationship because the distance just killed it.
We are still good friends, but for us, the distance was hard because it wasn't like we were able to visit often. and we hardly had a chance to spend time with together when he came to visit, because I was always studying.

But being clear across the country, and being on the same coast is much more different. Either way, it'll be an adjustment. I'm sure you'll both find a solution that works for you.

Hey guys,

It appears that I will be joining all of you at COMP this Fall. I thought it would be appropriate to say hi. I have actually been reading this thread for a few months now, but just got around to posting something. :rolleyes:

A little something about myself: I race road and mountain bikes, and do the occasional triathlon. I am graduating from Boise State Univeristy with a biology degree. I am in the NW track program. I'll try to be on more to talk.

-Chris

Hey all,

Just thought I'd follow Chris' example and jump into the thread. Name's Andy, I'm starting the D.O. program in August. Currently living up in Bellingham, WA but have lived in Seattle, grew up in Oregon (Bend), and spent my undergrad years in Tacoma (University of Puget Sound). I hear that the 3rd year rotations are there...trust me, it's not as bad as people make it out to be (plus, I know where the good/bad parts are). Anyways, just wanted to say hi!

Members don't see this ad :)
moinmoin said:
Hi everyone. Like the previous poster, my name is also Andy and I am finally getting around to posting on this thread. I've seen some familiar faces (Jake and emeraldcity) from other threads about Utah and Washington. Like you guys, I didn't get much love from UW (unranked waitlist) and not holding my breath for Utah. I'm excited to come to COMP, though, and am planning on coming down. I'm a Washingtonian (Renton) but I decided not to do the NWT. Look forward to meeting you all in a few months...and hopefully heading to the slopes with some of you in the Winter. I hear they aren't too far from campus, though the snow probably isn't the best.

Sounds like we're in the same boat! =)
in at COMP, unranked at UW, waiting for Utah.
how did you work out your "ties to Utah" connection?

moinmoin said:
My "ties to Utah" comes because I've been going to school at BYU for a few years now. I kept my WA residency just in hopes of going to UW...but maybe I would have been better off just switching and trying to get in at the U. What about you?

*haha*
I have the- "I was born in SLC, and lived there until the age of 5..."
that's about as close as I got, and apparently it was good enough.
I'm sure being female helped a wee bit, at least for utah... :)
goodluck to you! no news?

Hey guys!

I was thinking:
We should all meet up sometime before school starts.
Grab a drink or two and say hellooooooooo
:D

emeraldcity said:
Hey guys!

I was thinking:
We should all meet up sometime before school starts.
Grab a drink or two and say hellooooooooo
:D

You mean PNW (Pacific North Westers)???

I'm down! I'm pretty free most nights, anyone else?

By the way, are any of you NWT people on the Yahoo Group that Dirk Foley started?

JakeHarley said:
You mean PNW (Pacific North Westers)???

I'm down! I'm pretty free most nights, anyone else?

sweet!
anyone else? =)
I'll send a message thru yahoo groups too.
find a relatively good time for ppl and a good locale...

JakeHarley said:
By the way, are any of you NWT people on the Yahoo Group that Dirk Foley started?
Yeah, I signed-up for that awhile ago. I haven't checked it out yet.

emeraldcity said:
Do you know where to find the list for the 3rd/4th year rotations? I can't remember if Virginia Mason was the only Seattle hospital or not

The DO2008 NWT folks just got their list for 3rd yr rotations (for them to rank their choices...) and the list isn't finalized yet. There isn't a list for 4th year yet that's been released.

What it looks like at the moment is that there are 12 slots for Tacoma/Seattle (hospitals mostly in Tacoma with one in Centralia and Virgina Mason in Seattle), 12 slots for Portland (mostly in Pdx with one Gresham and one Milwaukee), and 12 slots for Roseburg, OR (with at least one in Medford and
Grants Pass).

Basically, the 12 slots in each area have a slightly different schedule - each person will do their rotations in a different order. The tracks as they are now will probably be much different for DO2009 next year - and even more different for you guys as 2010... But this will give you an idea of what's going on (I know we in '09 have been anxious to hear!)

Here is the list of hospitals so far. Obviously, every area has less than 12 hospitals, and so generally the bigger sites have multiple rotations at that location. The list isn't final - they are still negotiating additional sites.

Asante - Rogue Valley Medford
Asante - Three Rivers Grants Pass
Bremerton Naval Hospital Bremerton
Cascadia Behavioral Health Portland
Legacy Good Samaritan Portland
Legacy Emmanuel Portland
Madigan Army Hospital Lakewood
Mary Bridge Children's Hospital Tacoma
Legacy Mount Hood Gresham
Mercy Medical Center Roseburg
Portland Adventist Portland
Providence Centralia Centralia
Providence Milwaukie Milwaukie
Roberts Street Clinic Gresham
Saint Claire Lakewood
Saint Francis Federal Way
Saint Joseph Tacoma
Tacoma General Tacoma
Virginia Mason Medical Center Seattle

HELLO COMP 2010 class!, COMP 2008 here! I live in Covina and it really is a 15 minute drive against traffic, both ways! and it's awesome. Definitely plenty of comercial things around here (coffee shops, kmarts, targets, nice restaurants, etc). So check the West Covina, Walnut, and Covina area too, it's just up the 10 freeway! If you have any questions, PM me, and good luck!

jenniemh said:
The DO2008 NWT folks just got their list for 3rd yr rotations (for them to rank their choices...) and the list isn't finalized yet. There isn't a list for 4th year yet that's been released.

Thanks for the list!!! :D

JakeHarley said:

Somehow I've never heard of this...any idea of how I could join? Thanks.

lawdawg80 said:
Somehow I've never heard of this...any idea of how I could join? Thanks.

Call up Dirk Foley--his number should be on the school website.

I've got a very uncomfortable spot in my back at the moment that hurts when I twist or bend in certain ways. Thinking about the problem while at work, I realized how excited I am to learn OMM. If things don't improve in the next couple of days, I think I am going to visit an OMM practicioner to see if they can restore my range of motion.

I enjoy these kind of opportunities to verify the usefulness of different treatments.

Anyone else have a strong interest in or experience with OMM?

JakeHarley said:
Anyone else have a strong interest in or experience with OMM?

I do. It's interesting to learn.

NewNick said:
I do. It's interesting to learn.

OMM will become your new best friend, guaranteed! (especially right before and after tests)

Does anyone know when COMP starts informing us of our financial aid status? I submitted my FAFSA months ago. Just curious if anyone has info on this. I want to start budgeting. Thanks!

Khenon said:
Does anyone know when COMP starts informing us of our financial aid status? I submitted my FAFSA months ago. Just curious if anyone has info on this. I want to start budgeting. Thanks!

I was wondering the same thing.
haven't recieved a financial package letter yet, but from their website, they have a breakdown of next years buget:

$37,190.00 Tuition
$40.00 Fees
$2,810.00 Books & Supplies
$10,860.00 Room & Board
$2,890.00 Transportation
$4,576.00 Personal Expenses

$58,366.00 Total

*yikes* :rolleyes:

Hello fellow COMPers! I too have been watching this thread since I was accepted and have finally decided to join in. After being neglected by UW for the past 3 years, I am so excited to start this fall with all of you. Its going to be such a great experience and I am even more excited for us NWTrackers to do our rotations around here. Look forward to meeting you all and try to enjoy your last few months before its game time!

emeraldcity said:
haven't recieved a financial package letter yet, but from their website, they have a breakdown of next years buget:

$37,190.00 Tuition
$40.00 Fees
$10,860.00 Room & Board
$2,890.00 Transportation

$58,366.00 Total

I know! I heard Western is like one of the most expensive schools in the nation. Hopefully we'll be getting our money's worth!

I thought I'd say a little bit about myself, and hopefully others will continue to do the same! I just graduated from UCSD with a double major in bio and psych. I love to run and workout, and do anything outdoors...hiking, skiing, etc. I'm originally from SoCal and love it here! And finally...I am SOOOO excited to be heading to COMP next year...proud to be a future COMP student and DO!

Dr. K -
you're a rockstar! really... i've been dyin' to hear someone chime in with some killer school spirit. These posts aren't doing any of us justice - i'm sure we all sound WAY more enthusiastic than our entries make us out to be. I always feel so damn nerdy posting on sdn.

Anyway - back to your request. I got my bachelor's in business from Eastern Michigan University.... then travelled, then worked, then thought "what the hell am i doing with my life".. then i moved to santa fe, New Mexico - and so began my pre-med / pre-req journey. Here i am 3 long years and 2 mcats later - just dyin' to start med school. I can't friggin' wait to meet all of you and to join you guys in this incredible opportunity. I really feel so lucky to be studying this ****. And of course - to be in SoCal.

I was just there visiting and arranging for housing... for those of you that didn't travel around much - Western is in the PERFECT location!!! 20 miles from the school to the ski basin. 1/2 hr. to the ocean ... 1/2 hour to the city. 5 minutes to bonelli state park. 2 seconds to the claremont village. life (or what's left of it after gross) is lookin' pretty good.

Like Dr. K - i'm game for all activities. Runnin' / climbin' / sailin' / hikin'... you name it - i'm in. I have a great feeling about our class and the adventures we're about to embark on.
I'll be movin' around the 1st of june if anyone wants to meet up.

ps - NewNick and Keval are solid guys.... i was lucky to meet up with 'em this weekend and we're definitely lucky to have 'em in our class... watch out though - keval is a nasty gunner. he's out to crush us all!!!!!!

Dr. K said:
I thought I'd say a little bit about myself, and hopefully others will continue to do the same! I just graduated from UCSD with a double major in bio and psych. I love to run and workout, and do anything outdoors...hiking, skiing, etc. I'm originally from SoCal and love it here! And finally...I am SOOOO excited to be heading to COMP next year...proud to be a future COMP student and DO!

Skooled2much said:
Like Dr. K - i'm game for all activities. Runnin' / climbin' / sailin' / hikin'... you name it - i'm in. I have a great feeling about our class and the adventures we're about to embark on.
I'll be movin' around the 1st of june if anyone wants to meet up.

ps - NewNick and Keval are solid guys.... i was lucky to meet up with 'em this weekend and we're definitely lucky to have 'em in our class... watch out though - keval is a nasty gunner. he's out to crush us all!!!!!!

I graduated in Dec '01 from U of IL-Urbana,Champaign with CS major. Changed my mind and took pre-med courses in St. Louis 2 years ago. I'm not very active, but love to do running and hiking. Climbing is scary for me. :laugh:

Skooled2much, thanks for your comment. Don't be too humble, man. You can crush us too. :smuggrin: Regarding Keval, I kind of figure out that he's so smart since he's in med school around 20 (if I'm not mistaken).

Be careful if Dr.Z joins the class. He's finishing his Ph.D this semester. :D

ps: Banafish is a great guy. Very funny and easy going. Look like this class is going to rock.

Dr K: I know... tuition's going to hit me hard in the bum too... but this is what i wanted, ummmm right?

UWalum: I feel your pain. Dr. Samson HATES me, I'm sure... such a repeat offender am I. glad to have you along!!!

JakeHarley/UWalum/any NWtrackers: are you guys still up for meeting sometime? I work most nights until about 9ish, but my sundays are always free. and I'm always up for a beer :D

Ya'll sound like a crazy crazy bunch. I'm loving it, i'm loving it!
but please tell me you aren't intimidated by a 5 foot girl who can out eat, out drink and out sports most of you boys... :laugh:

NewNick said:
Be careful if Dr.Z joins the class. He's finishing his Ph.D this semester. :D

I'm not a gunner by any means. I'll bet you that I'll be below average in class. You don't need a brain to get Ph.D, you just have to be able to take lots of crap from other people.

emeraldcity said:

$37,190.00 Tuition
$40.00 Fees
$10,860.00 Room & Board
$2,890.00 Transportation

$58,366.00 Total

Thanks for posting this. I don't know why I couldn't find this info myself . . . I really did look! :D So it looks like we're getting just over $18K once all the tuition and fees are paid, right? Of course, this is assuming I'm able to get some private loans. I know those can be a little tougher to get, and my credit isn't perfect. Ugh.

And in response to the other posts above . . . I am completely stoked to start med school!! :laugh: Admittedly I've been a little hesitant to express that. I guess I didn't want to hear the "med school is hard and you're going to hate it" responses some people give. I know it's going to be tough, but right now I'm in the honeymoon phase and CAN'T WAIT to get started. It's killing me to continue at my current job . . . all I want to do is focus on moving out to Cali and getting to know my future classmates. I used to live in So Cal when I was in the military. I was stationed at March AFB (Moreno Valley) for 4 years. I loved it down there, and I can't wait to get back. My hubby is excited to move too. He's from Idaho, so he's never lived in a warmer climate. We're both so through with winters, so this move is going to be great. :)

So I'm planning to move out there the 1st of July. My husband will probably move mid-May to continue his job search. If anyone has room for an extra roommate for 6 weeks, let me know. He'll need a temporary place to stay until I get there, and we get a permanent place.

I guess that's it for now. I really can't wait to meet everyone. :)

No prob!
i'm sure you'll get a private loan, it's just how much interest you might end up paying.... :)

salliemae does medloans. and their interest rates for those and private student loans aren't too terrible. I did a post-bac and got a private loan thru them. my interest is at 6.25%.

are you doing the nwtrack too?

I'm beginning to feel like it's NWTrackers vs. the "others" ... let the rivalry begin!!

emeraldcity said:
JakeHarley/UWalum/any NWtrackers: are you guys still up for meeting sometime? I work most nights until about 9ish, but my sundays are always free. and I'm always up for a beer :D

Ya'll sound like a crazy crazy bunch. I'm loving it, i'm loving it!
but please tell me you aren't intimidated by a 5 foot girl who can out eat, out drink and out sports most of you boys... :laugh:

I'm down. How does Sunday April 16th sound to everyone?

Skooled2much said:
I'm beginning to feel like it's NWTrackers vs. the "others" ... let the rivalry begin!!

*haha*
because all 28 of us can take on all 200 or so of you? :D

no, wait! we can bond too!
sooo, do you like... stuff? ;)

Skooled2much said:

Pacific Northwest Represent, Yes Y'all.

emeraldcity said:
no, wait! we can bond too!

We can talk, or not talk.......and we both like soup.

Hi guys, congrats on getting in. Enjoy your accpetances now, cause in the august the stuff hits the fan! It's really not that bad, actually, just make sure to leave a little time for yourself every week to maintain sanity. we had alot of fun first year; seriously, there IS time to party, as long as you manage your time wisely. for those asking about financial aid: don't worry, we haven't gotten our packages yet either. they usually come out middle-end of april or first week of may. i wouldn't worry too much about your credit (as long as it's not THAT bad): banks LOVE to back medical students - we're a pretty good investment on their part. Congrats again, welcome to COMP!

Hey Guys, I too figured it was time to post.. but I have to say I feel like super nerd (cue theme music in the background) putting messages down. I'm sure there are those out there who wish they could coordinate their cell-phones with sdn. And finally a medium that's even more disturbing than facebook/myspace stalking: sdn stalking!

Newnick, thanks for the kind words. :D (just to point out, this was a significant step for me-it's my first time using these expressive little bald-headed blue/yellow guys)

I grew up in the bay area in No. Cal and did a B.S. in bioeng at UCSD (I do in fact know Dr. K!) and am presently working in Claremont for Keck Grad Institute. Ever since getting into med school I find it increasingly difficult to concentrate on work.. I am really excited to start COMP in August and spending my time in a lab does not compare. Through my interviews, the facilities there have impressed me the most (omm lab, anat, lecture halls).

I hung out with NewNick and Dr. Z and am eager to meet the rest of the class. In terms of interests, I like running, tennis, hiking, cooking (or some variation of it), road trips, reading, art, photography, and bars/happy hour. Lately I have been easy on my ankle, though, due to some chronic pain I need to resolve-could definitely use a DO student to experiment on me. I am not into anything particularly exotic but I am usually down to try most things (I plan to go skydiving soon and I really want to learn how to scuba) and I can have fun in most situations. Both NewNick and Dr. Z said they were dying to become regulars at the local on-campus gay bar. Something about wild beasts and hairy chests when they've had too much.

Initially I had reservations about the Pomona area but it's starting to grow on me. It is a fairly cultural area and it really is nestled among some great places. I thought that preemptive pomona-pride must have been coming from asbestos-exposed eager beavers, but I'm starting to convert.

Btw, it's cool all you NWTers are all ramped about starting school!

Anyone own any pets? I have a dog right now by association through my roommate and have really enjoyed the companionship of a fellow furry creature. I was thinking of getting a guinea pig. Any thoughts about whether our lifestyle will provide us enough time to keep it fed/cleaned?

JakeHarley said:
We can talk, or not talk.......and we both like soup.

and snowpeas? i bet we could not talk or talk forever and still find things to not talk about. we have soooo much in common *haha* :D

I'm down for the 16th, but i think that's easter sunday. what's open on easter?

bananafish27 said:
Both NewNick and Dr. Z said they were dying to become regulars at the local on-campus gay bar. Something about wild beasts and hairy chests when they've had too much.

:laugh:

I thought you told us that you had a life time membership at the bar and that's why you moved to Claremont to work.