COMP Class of 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Haha.. Tomo.. I do and I've been dying for some company! :love:

dr.z said:
:laugh:

I thought you told us that you had a life time membership at the bar and that's why you moved to Claremont to work.

Members don't see this ad.

bananafish27 said:
Haha.. Tomo.. I do and I've been dying for some company! :love:

Just keep the 'peel' on the old 'banana'.... ;)

I don't know banana - you really wanna get a guinnea pig?.... I was thinkin' a gerbal might be more "up your alley"... :smuggrin:

(my first SDNecon too!)

Members don't see this ad :)
emeraldcity said:
are you doing the nwtrack too?
I was offered the NW track option but didn't want it. I plan to stay in the So Cal area . . . forever. :D Besides, I have a family so moving them every couple of years is getting really old (for everyone) so we're going to try to settle down as best we can. Having said that, I'm still willing to associate with all the NW trackers. :laugh:

I'm relieved to hear the private loans aren't super hard to get. My husband will also be able to co-sign with me and he'll be employed, so that should help. I keep forgetting how badly the lenders want that "soon to be doc" money. :laugh:

Man I cant believe I'm getting phallic references for the whole banana thing.. anyway this thing is regressing - but I should have considered that before starting it!

emeraldcity said:
and snowpeas? i bet we could not talk or talk forever and still find things to not talk about. we have soooo much in common *haha* :D

I'm down for the 16th, but i think that's easter sunday. what's open on easter?

Good point....I never know when Easter is.

Well...I am planning on being out of town the rest of the weekends this month, including the last weekend of the month when my g-friend and I are going down to Cali to look around.

By the way, Skooled: What did you see when you went down recently? Whereabouts are you thinking of living?

Khenon said:
I was offered the NW track option but didn't want it. I plan to stay in the So Cal area . . . forever. :D Besides, I have a family so moving them every couple of years is getting really old (for everyone) so we're going to try to settle down as best we can. Having said that, I'm still willing to associate with all the NW trackers. :laugh:

I'm relieved to hear the private loans aren't super hard to get. My husband will also be able to co-sign with me and he'll be employed, so that should help. I keep forgetting how badly the lenders want that "soon to be doc" money. :laugh:

I hear ya about the constantly moving thing... I was just in Philly for two years, came back to Seattle, now I'm off to Cali for another two. always a yo-yo. I suppose I should be glad I'm still single, and I don't have to leave anyone behind...

Hahah yes. everyone wants your money.. it's just getting a good interest rate. unfortunately, it's like unsubsidized loans: interest accrues right away. so shop around and find a good fit. :)

JakeHarley said:

Well...I am planning on being out of town the rest of the weekends this month, including the last weekend of the month when my g-friend and I are going down to Cali to look around.

No big.
I usually have wednesday or thursday nights off from work. (ugh, I'm a server at a japanese restaurant) maybe we can all meet sometime then. If you like sushi, you and your girlfriend are welcome to stop by! I'll hook you guys up. :)

So she did decide to come with you in the end? I'm glad you guys decided to move down together. I think it'll be better in the long run for both of you.

I tried to post a message thru yahoogroups, but it says i have to get the message approved by the moderator before it gets sent out (i'm guessing that's dirk)

alrightie. Have a great weekend!

That's right folks -- I'm the gunner. Watch out. Haha, first I need to get my acceptance letter so I can freakin' enjoy the rest of my summer. I'm taking the MCAT two weeks from tomorrow -- assuming all goes well i can't wait to meet you all in august. Welcome week starts august 7th or so!

I put down for a double at the Helix. i still need a roomate. It's not bad. It seems convenient and it's knew. The facility is pretty nice i should say (not too much to complain about although there are pros and cons to housing everywhere). I met up with skooled2much -- he's a great guy. We had some good conversation and It should be a great time when we all meet finally. Anyone in the socal area want to meet up after April 22? I would be down.

So what if i'm 20? Yeah, I still use instant messaging and I still play video games, but I still know how to deal with yall northwesterners or whatever the hell that program is ;) haha, jk.

about financial aid package, I contacted them and found out (im sure yall already know..8 thousand subsizidized and 32K unsubsidized..or somewhere along those lines)..wow, that means i'll have to come up with another 18K ..hmm maybe parents can help me out haha.the financial aid lady said we should be getting our rewards within a week or so. so be checking your westernu email account (i still have to get that set up). i worked with dr. redding yesteryday -- he heads the OMM clinic at Western's Medical Center. OMM is seriously like magic. Oh, and he told me to spread the word -- eating nuts everyday will reduce cholesterol levels on average 32-65 percent (he's doing a study that western is paying him for currently). ok, must go to sleep.

kdkdshah said:
Oh, and he told me to spread the word -- eating nuts everyday will reduce cholesterol levels on average 32-65 percent.

Wow Bananafish! with all of your 'tastes' your cholesterol must be really low!!!

yo - a few words about our new home town:

It is not as bad as the 'haters' would have you believe. In fact, it's pretty hip, and i think it's the perfect place to go to med school.

Okay - Claremont.
Claremont is where your rich white parents retire and their rich punk kids come to hang out. It has a lot of money, but it’s not obnoxious... there are some great private owed shops, clean streets, a downtown "village" and an all around peaceful atmosphere. The "village" is a conglomeration of schmancy restaurants, yuppy watering holes, delectable dessert shops, and a 'trying to be urban but clearly-for-those-with-cash' music and art scene. Outside of the village you'll find the Claremont colleges (5 elite liberal arts undergrad schools on one campus), a lot of strip shops and a very suburban/residential lifestyle. I like claremont, but there is something kinda eerie about it's ‘too perfect’ solitude and peacefulness... it felt kind of sterile to me. (but that's just me..).
Oh, downtown claremont is about 6 miles (door-to-door) from westernU. And only 16 miles (door-to-chair) to the ski basin.

Chino Hills:
Nice place but I thought it was too suburban and too far from school (about 10 miles but through residential streets) for my tastes. It is set on the rolling hills that provide incredible views of the san-bernadino's and mt. baldy. You'll find costco and lowe's and all that jazz along with every other chain america has to offer. for some, this is perfect, but again i prefer a less suburban feel. I didn't find the 'downtown' area but i'm certain there must be one.... locals feel free to chime in here....

Pomona:
During the interview, I got some dirty vibes from this town. And if you ask anybody outside of pomona, you'll soon find that they view it as a 'hole'. However, upon further investigation, the city definitely redeemed itself.
Pomona was a once thriving city that has since taken a turn for the worse. Now, thanks to some major private investment, there is a huge push to revive the area. So when you’re down there it feels like good things are comin’! There are restaurants / coffee houses being developed and a blossoming but not-quite-there art scene. What’s cool about pomona is its urban, industrial feel. Work/live lofts are becoming the ‘in’ thing out there. It has a huge punk scene and a general feeling of originality .... something that was lacking in the aforementioned locations. It’s also right next to campus.
Check out www.secondstreetpromenade.com (i got a place there) and www.artecopartners.com (annoying website – don’t know if these are built yet). If you contact secondstreetpromenade, you’ll talk to Jason – he’s awesome... – I know that they have 2 one-bedroom lofts and 1 three bedroom lofts left. This place is right on ‘antique row’ and above a new pizza parlor / bar that just opened ... should be a kick-ass place to live. (drawback – it’s right in front of the railroad tracks).. When you talk to Jason, tell him “Jay the med-student” sent you... hopefully this will get you in the door. He’s one of the big entrepreneurs in pomona. This guy has a vision of what he’s gonna make happen in the next three years... this includes ‘restaurant row’, 3,300 more units in the city, a train that doesn’t blow it’s horns every 4 seconds, and an increased police force. I’m pretty excited about the way things are goin’ over there... that’s how i ultimately made my decision.

Prices: from my experience, for a decent place anywhere, you’re lookin’ at –
one bedroom: $850-1300
two bedroom: $1200-1600
three bedroom:$1300-2200
I guess this is to be expected...
If you’re lookin’ to share a room in a house, you’ll obviously find things much cheaper, but you’ll also have to deal with pre-existing clutter.

Also – Kdkdshah is definitely worthy of rooming with. He’s smart but not weird, young but not immature, friendly but not annoying. (sorry to quantify you K, but i’m tryin’ to help you out). If you’re blind rooming, i’d definitely consider him, you won’t regret it.

Anyway – that’s all i got... i’ll be happy to field questions if you got ‘em. Again – lookin’ forward to hangin’ with all of you soon. I’m moving there in the beginning of June and takin’ the summer prep program. If anyone’s around then, I’d love to meet up.
cheers –
-s2m

JakeHarley said:

By the way, Skooled: What did you see when you went down recently? Whereabouts are you thinking of living?

Members don't see this ad :)
Skooled2much said:
If you contact secondstreetpromenade, you’ll talk to Jason – he’s awesome... – I know that they have 2 one-bedroom lofts and 1 three bedroom lofts left. This place is right on ‘antique row’ and above a new pizza parlor / bar that just opened ... should be a kick-ass place to live. (drawback – it’s right in front of the railroad tracks).. When you talk to Jason, tell him “Jay the med-student” sent you... hopefully this will get you in the door. He’s one of the big entrepreneurs in pomona. This guy has a vision of what he’s gonna make happen in the next three years... this includes ‘restaurant row’, 3,300 more units in the city, a train that doesn’t blow it’s horns every 4 seconds, and an increased police force. I’m pretty excited about the way things are goin’ over there... that’s how i ultimately made my decision.

Jay:
are utilities included in rent?

water/gas included in rent ... also, he has a deal on cable where you pay him and he splits it up between all existing tenants.

Skooled2much said:
water/gas included in rent ... also, he has a deal on cable where you pay him and he splits it up between all existing tenants.

so basically, we just have to pay electricity, split cable, etc...
did you get a 1br?
how much, do you mind me asking, did you end up paying?

oh, yeah... nice place.. brand new (not even built yet).. they are putting in wood floors, granite countertops, and sandblasting the pre-existing brick walls. It looks pretty slick. I got a smaller 1 bdrm... and am paying $900/month. I think it's the last of it's kind. The others are $1000, and $1100. There are only a few left. Also, the three bedroom is $1500/month for the whole thing - sweet deal if you can find cool roomies. These lofts are goin' fast, so don't dilly dally or you'll end up losing it to some local socal pharm student ... and that would be a darn shame.
also, the train is something to keep in mind. It's really loud. I'm just hoping that at some point it blends in with the rest of the noise in my head.

Just to follow up the message by skooled. That was a pretty accurate assessment of the area. Claremont is quite sterile (picture Stepford Wives) but it does offer some unique shops. I think there is a city ordinance that within the city limits of Claremont there are a very limited number of franchises permitted, so the result is a lot of Mom and Pop places that have a really great feel to them. During the day you can find it teeming with college students but the night-scene is not only lacking but hemorrhaging. There's an indie, non-chain coffee shop that's tucked away behind some restaurants that is accessible only from a backalley- a great study place. There's two pretty cool bars (The Press and Hero's) and there are palatable places to eat (Harvard Square, Pizza n Such, an awesome ice cream parlor, Greek food, etc.). The area has a very suburban/village feel to it and for someone looking to get away from a city scene, it's quite nice.

I have noticed that Pomona is socioeconomically diverse and rich in culture. There are definitely less than ideal areas but the city is developing. I visited the Phillips Ranch area which is at the base of Chino hills a few miles from school and I think that area is nice as well. The only drawback is the proximity to the freeway (so whether you are inclined to hear trains or cars on 3 busy freeways, take your pick). There is an antique row next to the university but personally does anyone anticipate ever visiting those stores? They have items for people with eclectic obsessions and deep pockets.

Great post, Skooled...

Skooled2much said:
oh, yeah... nice place.. brand new (not even built yet).. they are putting in wood floors, granite countertops, and sandblasting the pre-existing brick walls. It looks pretty slick. I got a smaller 1 bdrm... and am paying $900/month. I think it's the last of it's kind. The others are $1000, and $1100. There are only a few left. Also, the three bedroom is $1500/month for the whole thing - sweet deal if you can find cool roomies. These lofts are goin' fast, so don't dilly dally or you'll end up losing it to some local socal pharm student ... and that would be a darn shame.
also, the train is something to keep in mind. It's really loud. I'm just hoping that at some point it blends in with the rest of the noise in my head.

damn.
I may have to either find a ghetto studio, or break-down and find a roomie.
900-1000's not bad for the area or new construction at all, but I'm damn cheap and poor :)

about the train running in front of the house: I can only imagine it can't be half as bad as living next to the largest gay nightclub in Philly, where my room faced the alley... Oh, the joys of city dwelling, and finding cheap places to live :rolleyes:

Great info guys, thanks for posting!

Has anyone been to Walnut? That is an area my GF and I are wondering about since it has a college she is interested in doing her pre-MSN coursework at. It looks like its not far from Pomona, and from what I can find it sounds like its a little more small-townish.

Also, Skooled: did you happen to check out Rancho Cucamonga (sp?) when you were down there? Anyone else?

Thanks!

JAKE

My wife grew up in Rancho Cucamonga and I spend alot of time there. I think it's a great place to live. It is very suburban and developed with lots of shopping malls, housing developments with 700k, 4000sf homes 6 feet from each other, so if dislike the suburban atmosphere you won't like it. There are lots of nice parks and older neighberhoods (like 30-40 years old). It is a 20 minute drive to school so that is a little farther than some would like. Apartments are 1200-1600 for two bedrooms and homes start at 375k for 1100 square feet.

JakeHarley said:
Great info guys, thanks for posting!

Has anyone been to Walnut? That is an area my GF and I are wondering about since it has a college she is interested in doing her pre-MSN coursework at. It looks like its not far from Pomona, and from what I can find it sounds like its a little more small-townish.

Also, Skooled: did you happen to check out Rancho Cucamonga (sp?) when you were down there? Anyone else?

Thanks!

JAKE

yeah, rancho is a pretty nice area people, but the drive sucks sometimes (especially when there is traffic during the day time, which there is bound to be). the new shopping center there built just a couple of years ago, is amazing though. its kind of like an outdoor mall typa thingy.

skooled2much, that was one hell of an update. thanks for putting in a good word for me. now people are going to think i am some young, gunner, genius man and they're going to throw away my notes when i walk to the bathroom in the library (this stuff happens at UCLA med btw..well and other med schools too...you won't be looking, and the next second, ur stuff is gone from the library). haha people seem too nice to be doin that stuff here..we're all mature, right? well i dont know if i am, i'm still a little undergrad student. so is every COMP 2010 student going to be non-traditional? haha oh well, it doens't effect me. that just means more jokes yall be hearing from me ;)

damn MCAT is killing me -- i justwanna take this exam already, i'm scoring around what i need, but thats not gonna cut it..itss borderline..

Skooled 2 much -- you're doing the SMSPP or wahtever? or are you doing ISAC? i've heard only good things about them. i considered ISAC, but i didn't want to worry about grades n what not over the summer...then i was like, screw it, i need some time off....but thats cool that you'll get all your sciences out of the way -- do u still have to take them again during the year?? thats awesome, you'll be like at the top of the class and then i'll have to start stealing YOUR notes when you go to the bathroom in the library. ok im joking.

i need a roomate still -- let me know yall :) blonde haired blue eyed 21 year olds welcomed as well... i should stop before i offend someone here.

i can't wait till i turn 21 so i can hit up the press, i hear great things about it...

yo, anyone wanna hit up PIZZA N SUCH , let me know, im in mood for some chicken parmeasan sandwich..ok this post has NOTHING to do with COMP 2010, so im gonna peace out.

Can anyone take in a roommate for 6 weeks? From mid-May to end of June? My husband has to move over there to look for work. He's being laid off May 10, so he's going to move out there the next week and continue his job hunt. But he'll need temporary housing . . . we're already paying a mortgage here in MN, so we don't want to have to rent an expensive California apartment too. Of course we'll pay for rooming in, but we're assuming that will be much cheaper then a month-to-month apartment. Anyway, if you have some extra space and could use a few hundred extra dollars let me know. Oh, and by "extra space" I also mean a couch you don't mind someone sleeping on. :)

Hello friends,

I just called the financial aid office to check on the progress of our award letters, and I was told they should be sent out next week.

:thumbup:

JakeHarley said:
Hello friends,

I just called the financial aid office to check on the progress of our award letters, and I was told they should be sent out next week.

:thumbup:
Argh! Didn't they say that LAST week?

I don't know why I'm so ancy about it. It's not like I'll get the money now or something. :rolleyes:

If you check your banweb it already has some finaid stuff posted up there.
The entrance interview for the stafford loans is under the unmet requirements section. they give you the website so you can do it online.

Hey you guys, this might be a little early to think about, but when you take out loans, make sure that during your med school career you take out loans from more than one lender. The reason behind this is that when you decide to consolidate, you'll have a choice of lenders and terms in which to consolidate under.

TKim - are you Tae? i think i might have shadowed you at the Western medical center clinic when you were doing your rotatoins there last year. i am the pitzer student ...i used to come shadow with one of my friends...you might be completely someone else hahaha.

tkim said:
Hey you guys, this might be a little early to think about, but when you take out loans, make sure that during your med school career you take out loans from more than one lender. The reason behind this is that when you decide to consolidate, you'll have a choice of lenders and terms in which to consolidate under.

Interesting, thanks for the tip!

To clarify, are you only able to consolidate loans with a lender who you already have a relationship with?

emeraldcity said:
If you check your banweb it already has some finaid stuff posted up there.
The entrance interview for the stafford loans is under the unmet requirements section. they give you the website so you can do it online.
Okay, my nerdy side is going to come out now . . . I did this back in January.

*hangs head in shame*

Jake: I'm not sure if you have to have all the loans thru one company in order to consolidate. But make sure that whomever you use can consolidate both your private and your federal loans. My company wouldn't consolidate the private one, so I have to make two checks a month right now *grrr*

Sallie Mae does MedLoans, private loans for med students. They have decent terms/payment plans etc. You can do all your stafford and private loans thru them.

oh, does anyone know how much car insurance is down in Cali? Do I have to switch once I move down?

emeraldcity said:
oh, does anyone know how much car insurance is down in Cali? Do I have to switch once I move down?
When I lived down there in 1998, I had an inexpensive economony car, with a pretty decent rate (I don't have any tickets or accidents on my record) and I was paying about $100/month. I was about 23 years old, so I wasn't getting the 25 and over discount. This was also full-coverage, by the way. I don't know if you can just get by with liability . . . although in Southern Cali I'd recommend full-coverage anyway. You never know when you'll get rear-ended. Anyway, I don't know if the rates are similar or if I was majorly over or under paying at the time. Maybe someone else can give a more current/accurate assessment.

truckibear said:
Does anyone know how full the class is by now? :)

When I interviewed last week, they said 65 to 75% full...

:scared:

Khenon said:
When I lived down there in 1998, I had an inexpensive economony car, with a pretty decent rate (I don't have any tickets or accidents on my record) and I was paying about $100/month. I was about 23 years old, so I wasn't getting the 25 and over discount. This was also full-coverage, by the way. I don't know if you can just get by with liability . . . although in Southern Cali I'd recommend full-coverage anyway. You never know when you'll get rear-ended. Anyway, I don't know if the rates are similar or if I was majorly over or under paying at the time. Maybe someone else can give a more current/accurate assessment.

Insurance is pretty expensive. It will depend on what car you drive, marital status, driving record, where you live (zip code), and type of coverage you want. There is also uninsured motorist insurance too.

has anyone found out when we get our financial aid awards via email??? i hope early next week..i needa start budgeting :(

kdkdshah said:
has anyone found out when we get our financial aid awards..i needa start budgeting :(

Everyone gets the same basic budget - someone posted it earlier (pg 8 of this thread). Basically, your finaid award will say that you can take out the entire budget in loans - yipee. Some will be Stafford (amt varies depending on your undergrad Stafford debt), the rest will be private (alternative) loans. No matter what your FAFSA details are, you are eligible to borrow the full "budget" amt - the only thing that changes is if/how much subsidized Stafford loan $ you can get - maxes out at $8,500/yr.

If you want a jump start on deciding who to use for your alternative loans, here's the link to the "preferred lenders" from the school website: http://www.westernu.edu/xp/edu/financial/preferred_lender.xml

Items NOT in the budget:
Health insurance (~$700/academic year thru the school)
Parking permit (~$200/year)
Laptop computer (?? )

These items can be added into your budget once school starts, so that you can take out additional alternative loans to cover those costs - for the laptop, you just need a receipt and I believe it has to be purchased around the start of school - you'll have to check with the FinAid office on campus for details on that.

As far as suppplies go: you have to purchase medical equipment at the start of the year. I'd suggest using www.steeles.com if you want WelchAlyn stuff, as it's the cheapest place and doesn't charge tax. But I'd also suggest waiting - if you can get a big group together from your class to place a large order, you'll save even more. Do2009 did this and saved at least 10% off the bookstore's "sale" prices, even with shipping costs because there's NO TAX. The bookstore is NOT school owned - it is a FOR PROFIT company - so I have no problems saying go ahead and buy from someone else. You need a few people to organize a group order - they need to talk with both Tom Steele (from steeles.com) and the Purchasing dept on campus - so that they can receive the packages on campus (otherwise the UPS man will deliver to your home while you are in class). Everyone fills out a seperate order form with billing info and you fax in the order forms - all 100+ of them or whatever. They'll come pre-bagged with names on them - just gotta hand them out. You'll need a couple week lead time, so I'd suggest that if you guys want to do it, organize it during orientation - you won't need the equipment for class for a few weeks anyway... Ok, I'll stop being bossy now :) I'm just trying to save y'all some money.

Required Equipment list:
Otoscope
Opthalmoscope
Tuning forks (both 512 and 1024)
Reflex hammer
Penlight
BP cuff (they'd like you to purchase the "family" set with different sized cuffs but it is NOT required to have anything more than a cheap one-piece set)
Stethoscope (if you want to skimp on equipment costs, that's fine - but buy a good stethoscope! It's worth it!)
"Maxwells" - little pocket book with the eye chart in back. All that is actually required is the pocket eye chart, but everyone will tell you to carry a Maxwells.

As far as book costs go - it all depends on you. Many people don't buy books - or buy very few... others buy everything. You won't have time to do most of the reading (truly... there just isn't time or need to read it all). Ask a 2nd year before you buy books - there will be 2nd years selling texts at the start of school and they can give advice on what is worth buying.

One exception: You MUST have a Netter's Atlas for gross anatomy - everyone buys that one. But you can get it FREE with membership to SOMA (Student Osteopathic Medical Assoc) - the membership is about the cost of the book, and as a member you can go to events & get free lunch, plus other benefits. There's a membership drive the first week of school and you can pay your membership and get your book then.

Sorry this is so long - these are just things I wish I had been told before school started. Enjoy your summer!

JakeHarley said:
Interesting, thanks for the tip!

To clarify, are you only able to consolidate loans with a lender who you already have a relationship with?

You can try to consolidate with another lender other than the lender you have your loans with, but your original lender usually has 'first refusal' and will not allow you to consolidate with another lender. If you have more than one lender, you can compare rates and select the best one. It's sort of a pain to do, since you have to keep track of various lenders instead of just one, but a couple of people in my class who borrowed from one lender exclusively had problems consolidating with another company that had better terms. The rules may have changed from the time I consolidated, I'm sure they will by the time you guys seriously have to think about it. Just a heads up!

dr.z said:
Insurance is pretty expensive. It will depend on what car you drive, marital status, driving record, where you live (zip code), and type of coverage you want. There is also uninsured motorist insurance too.

I use Amica Insurance for two cars ('98, '97 Subaru Outbacks 15K mi/yr, 10K mi/yr, mid-level comprehensive) + $50K renters insurance in Rancho Cucamonga, for $1800/yr. Bear in mind these cars are old, as are the wife and myself - heh, so we get a discount for that, insuring two cars, plus getting renters all on one policy. It's a pretty good deal.

kdkdshah said:
damn MCAT is killing me -- i justwanna take this exam already, i'm scoring around what i need, but thats not gonna cut it..itss borderline..

So assuming you score what you need, you are automatically accepted? Just out of curiosity, if you don't mind telling, what's "borderline"? Good luck on the test! I hated that beast.

Hi People

congrats to all of your acceptances. I totally was gonna go to COMP last year but then my family happened. It's a great school and best wishes to all of you.

Just want to share with you guys something that I stumbled upon on the internet when I was doing "research" for COMP.

http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=ilostit

It's this guy that goes to school there. Pretty funny blog. And he has links to all the others also at Western. Also don't miss open_fly77 and guaiguaimaikao. Should give you a good insight on COMP and funny too, I still read them once in a while when I get bored.

deezballas said:
So assuming you score what you need, you are automatically accepted? Just out of curiosity, if you don't mind telling, what's "borderline"? Good luck on the test! I hated that beast.

Yeah, Basically it's a linkage program. I have to score a 24 and they'll accept me. Unfortunately, I am struggling to even maintain that score. I'm pretty sure i'll get it though.

kdkdshah said:
Yeah, Basically it's a linkage program. I have to score a 24 and they'll accept me. Unfortunately, I am struggling to even maintain that score. I'm pretty sure i'll get it though.

Good job, I'm sure you'll dominate! I took the Kaplan course and ended up getting 4 points lower than what I was getting on their practice tests. But that is just me and was probably the result of test anxiety. You took the test yesterday.... How was it? Did you write some killer essays?

JasmineDO said:
Hi People

congrats to all of your acceptances. I totally was gonna go to COMP last year but then my family happened. It's a great school and best wishes to all of you.

Just want to share with you guys something that I stumbled upon on the internet when I was doing "research" for COMP.

http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=ilostit

It's this guy that goes to school there. Pretty funny blog. And he has links to all the others also at Western. Also don't miss open_fly77 and guaiguaimaikao. Should give you a good insight on COMP and funny too, I still read them once in a while when I get bored.

This guy is great! He was one of the tour guide students at my interview. He is very friendy and has a great sense of humor.

deezballas said:
This guy is great! He was one of the tour guide students at my interview. He is very friendy and has a great sense of humor.

Oh yeah! I remember him! Nice guy, good tour guide! :)

Have any of you got your hands on the complete 2006 match list? They told me "another week" when I called close to a month ago...

Maybe I'll call again today.

Hey guys! Northwest Tracker from Seattle here. I got my acceptance letter today and just wanted to say hi to my future classmates. :)

Got my letter today. Looks like I need to read through the COMP housing posts and threads more carefullly now.

Junkster said:
Got my letter today. Looks like I need to read through the COMP housing posts and threads more carefullly now.

Congrats. :thumbup: