This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SadandHopeful

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

So I just finished up my Freshman year at Boston University, where I'm majoring in Behavior and Health, a program designed to prepare students for OT school. I'm hoping to intern/volunteer this summer at an Applied Behavioral Analysis center in my home state. However, my main goal is to secure an internship somewhere that would be interested in hiring me for maybe a year between undergrad and grad school, and then helping to pay my tuition. I would like to not have to take time off between undergrad and grad school, but I'm not sure how realistic that is.

Have any current OT students on here been successful in interning with or working for a company that's offered them tuition reimbursement? I figure it's never too early to start planning, and I am willing to travel out of state for a summer and to find somewhere to live for that time.

Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

So I just finished up my Freshman year at Boston University, where I'm majoring in Behavior and Health, a program designed to prepare students for OT school. I'm hoping to intern/volunteer this summer at an Applied Behavioral Analysis center in my home state. However, my main goal is to secure an internship somewhere that would be interested in hiring me for maybe a year between undergrad and grad school, and then helping to pay my tuition. I would like to not have to take time off between undergrad and grad school, but I'm not sure how realistic that is.

Have any current OT students on here been successful in interning with or working for a company that's offered them tuition reimbursement? I figure it's never too early to start planning, and I am willing to travel out of state for a summer and to find somewhere to live for that time.

Thanks for the help!

Don't know that anyone in this board will be able to offer much since we are pretty much all M.D/D.O. Students, maybe try the OT board. (P.s. My bro in law is finishing up his training as an OT it's a sweet gig! )

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

National Health Service Corps is suppose to be a sweet gig for medical students, they pay for your medical school tuition and the catch is you just have to do your residency in an underserved area. This is second hand info though, try to talk to anybody who's finished with it to see if it's worth it. They may pay for OT school as well.

http://www.nhsc.hrsa.gov/

How did you manage to navigate to the step 1 board to post about OT intern****s