Cornell c/o 2019 applicants !!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Besides dvmblues, was anyone else out of state?

Members don't see this ad.

Perhaps they're on lunch break now?

I'm totally with you @Coffeeincluded. Wanted this forever.

I wonder what time they finish making calls?

Oh, okay.

If I didn't hear back by now I probably didn't get in anywhere, did I? I honestly don't know what to do if I didn't get in; I've wanted this since I was six years old.

I feel ya. This is my second time applying so I'm really disappointed that I didn't get a call yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
If there is only one person calling the accepted students, it would take a long time for that person to finish calling.... I still have hope for us.

Reactions: 1 users
Too bad you're not anywhere near me, cause I'd LOVE to eat some cake right about now..

Besides dvmblues, was anyone else out of state?

Pretty sure dvmblues is a dvm/phd applicant; that may explain why s/he got a call early despite being OOS.

Or maybe I'm just trying to make myself feel better about not getting a call yet out here in California... :)

Good luck everybody!

Members don't see this ad :)
okay sorry about that. I will elaborate:

they are not done calling; i am in; i have no words.

my call was from a MASSACHUSETTS number from a student rep, so there are definitely more than three callers.

But I'm in-state. Does that mean I'm screwed, along with everyone else here who is and hasn't heard back?

Grapejuice, you haven't heard either?

But I'm in-state. Does that mean I'm screwed, along with everyone else here who is and hasn't heard back?

Grapejuice, you haven't heard either?

Instate as well and haven't heard either.

I haven't heard anything myself but my friend messaged me about 3 hours ago that she got in. Last name starts with "D" and she's in state.

Haven't heard anything either and I'm instate

Dammit, for everyone's sake. That's a lot of people though, I hope they're not done, for all of us.

Reactions: 1 user
I hope so... Today just sucked. :(

IS, nothing yet, but I doubt they are done yet. Not sure about the multiple days of calls though...

I had very little hope,, but not hearing back from the schol when other people are/ potential rejection is always hard :(

A mass email would have been far more forgiving.

Reactions: 4 users
Holy skdhahsk!! I just got the call and I got in!!! Im IS!

Congratulations!

EDIT: And yes, a mass email would have been more forgiving too, in my opinion. Cornell Undergraduate had that.

What if you miss the call??? Will they call back or move to the next person & reject you?

Sandie, the phone call is just a courtesy call - they don't ask you to make any decisions on the phone. I'm not sure if they try to call back later, but worst case you would just need to wait for the email. They wouldn't reject you just for missing a call!

Don't worry, I know that if that happens they leave a message or call back later or something like that.

Me neither, and I'm OOS too, katelynn. Have you heard of any other OOS applicants getting calls (besides dvmblues)?

OOS and nothing here yet, have they done many OOS today?

I'm OOS and I just got a call at 3 pm! Thrilled!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Are we done for, or could they be spacing calls out over tomorrow as well?

no rejection/waitlist email either.

Yeah, I applied as a dvm/phd student, so it's probably why I got a phone call earlier as an OOS student. I wouldn't loose all hope yet since it seems like many people didn't get a phone call so maybe they are spreading it out. Best of luck for all of you and hope to meet more future classmates here!! :xf:

I heard that they are increasing their class size- bigger than last year (c/o 2018). So possibly they have to extend the phone calls over a few days?

I'm just staying hopeful :/

Just wondering... are the phone calls for acceptance or interview?

It would be really awesome if calls keep coming, just saying

Reactions: 2 users