-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Cornell c/o 2019 applicants !!
Started by Swongy
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Just got my financial aid package letter via email! Looks like I actually have to make my decision now...
Same here!
They are making alternate calls, but I'd already accepted somewhere else, so I hope one of you alternates gets a call soon!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got the call that I've been accepted!
Now to decide between two awesome schools...
Now to decide between two awesome schools...congratulations @WillowRosenberg !! Just curious, are you in state or out of state?
Out if state!congratulations @WillowRosenberg !! Just curious, are you in state or out of state?
Of* woops!
.
Last edited:
Any of you thinking of renting in Plaza East apartments? 🙂
Officially going to Cornell!! Can't wait to meet all of my fellow classmates!
Got "the call" yesterday"!! OOS Alternate that is now heading to Ithaca this summer!
Any updates about if the waitlist is still moving? Cornell is my dream and I just want to know where I'll be headed!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I spoke to the admissions director on the 21st. She said she hoped to update the alternates "within the next week or so" so they are still moving at least. I'm an in state alternate.
Hey guys! I'm applying for 2020, but since theres no thread and you all are veterans, I thought I would ask here. I have 6 LORs I plan to ask for my VMCAS (haven't asked any yet, but I plan to have 3 vets, a professor, my manager from one job, who's an LVT, and my supervisor from the research I've done)... but I don't have any "extras" in mind for the Cornell supplement. I was wondering if that looks bad? I was thinking of maybe only asking the LVT to send his to Cornell, and not VMCAS, so I have one that's special for their supplement? But then my VMCAS is missing his letter, which was a place I had close to 1000 hours from... any thoughts regarding this? Does Cornell need their "special" letters? Or are the VMCAS ones sufficient if they cover most of your experience?
I'm in the c/o 2018 at Cornell, and I didn't submit any additional letters. I don't know if this was a common thing or not, but that's my experience. Good luck!Hey guys! I'm applying for 2020, but since theres no thread and you all are veterans, I thought I would ask here. I have 6 LORs I plan to ask for my VMCAS (haven't asked any yet, but I plan to have 3 vets, a professor, my manager from one job, who's an LVT, and my supervisor from the research I've done)... but I don't have any "extras" in mind for the Cornell supplement. I was wondering if that looks bad? I was thinking of maybe only asking the LVT to send his to Cornell, and not VMCAS, so I have one that's special for their supplement? But then my VMCAS is missing his letter, which was a place I had close to 1000 hours from... any thoughts regarding this? Does Cornell need their "special" letters? Or are the VMCAS ones sufficient if they cover most of your experience?
I only submitted one extra letter, otherwise it was all VMCAS letters. Actually, the only reason that letter only went to Cornell was because the letter writer felt more comfortable actually writing a letter versus struggling with an online portal, and the Cornell app (at least as of last year) offered both online and paper options. Otherwise all of mine would have been the same.Hey guys! I'm applying for 2020, but since theres no thread and you all are veterans, I thought I would ask here. I have 6 LORs I plan to ask for my VMCAS (haven't asked any yet, but I plan to have 3 vets, a professor, my manager from one job, who's an LVT, and my supervisor from the research I've done)... but I don't have any "extras" in mind for the Cornell supplement. I was wondering if that looks bad? I was thinking of maybe only asking the LVT to send his to Cornell, and not VMCAS, so I have one that's special for their supplement? But then my VMCAS is missing his letter, which was a place I had close to 1000 hours from... any thoughts regarding this? Does Cornell need their "special" letters? Or are the VMCAS ones sufficient if they cover most of your experience?
Good luck!!!
Hey guys! I'm applying for 2020, but since theres no thread and you all are veterans, I thought I would ask here. I have 6 LORs I plan to ask for my VMCAS (haven't asked any yet, but I plan to have 3 vets, a professor, my manager from one job, who's an LVT, and my supervisor from the research I've done)... but I don't have any "extras" in mind for the Cornell supplement. I was wondering if that looks bad? I was thinking of maybe only asking the LVT to send his to Cornell, and not VMCAS, so I have one that's special for their supplement? But then my VMCAS is missing his letter, which was a place I had close to 1000 hours from... any thoughts regarding this? Does Cornell need their "special" letters? Or are the VMCAS ones sufficient if they cover most of your experience?
Don't worry. Cornell doesn't care whether you submit your letters through VMCAS or through their online form, and they'll read whatever you send them. In fact, the supplement has you list your "most valuable" experiences and then there's a box where you check "VMCAS eLoR" or "Cornell supplement letter" (or whatever they call it). The one advantage of listing something only in the Cornell supplement might be if that person has a tie to Cornell and wants to personalize their letter and mention the school, etc - since your VMCAS letters will be sent to whichever schools you apply to. Cornell won't mind if you send all the letters through VMCAS though. 🙂
I'm sure this question has been asked before but I can't find it (sorry in advance!!) Does Cornell have a certain amount of slots for NY residents or does instate not matter? I couldn't find the info on their website either. Thanks!
I declined my IS seat today, good luck to everyone!
Hello there,
Can you PLEASE send me your essays and PS for cornell app! i would LOVEE to go there, I just attended a tour/presentation there & feel in love!! I am a NY resident applying now for 2016. THANK YOU so much for your time (sorry for all the caps its just that cornell excites me so much, it is my goal and I am super happy that I stumbled upon your post! You had mentioned that you were willing to send - I could really use some guidelines because I feel like I always want to edit my responses to improve them lol - driving myself bonkers) please PS me or email (I can give via PS)
Best,
kim
Hi Breezy - I believe it's something like 50 seats for NY State residents - I thought that I had seen a chart with this information somewhere but wasn't able to find anything for you online. On a related note, for 2011-2012 entrance, 261 NYS residents applied and 54 were entrants, compared to 48 entrants out of 656 non-resident applicants (total class size was 102).I'm sure this question has been asked before but I can't find it (sorry in advance!!) Does Cornell have a certain amount of slots for NY residents or does instate not matter? I couldn't find the info on their website either. Thanks!