Cornell c/o 2028 hopefuls

Started by barkology
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
when do you think we will hear back? Also curious question why did you apply to cornell?
Sounds like early next week is a safe bet. Cornell definitely sets a great foundation for all fields of vetmed-- they're well equipped for people interested in a wide variety of specialty interests as well as research and they seem to do a good job keeping with the times/ modern vetmed. It would also be IS for me and I went there undergrad/grad so I'm slightly attached.
 
My career interests are in exotics and shelter medicine and I absolutely love the area and make pilgrimages to go there at least once every year or two. It's a long shot for me but living there would be the dream 🙂
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi friends! I wanted to post to share support and such! I'm a current 3rd year DVM student at Cornell, interested in cardiology! I am also a peer mentor and involved in many other things at the school. I love meeting new admits (and applicants) and would love to connect if you have any questions or just want to chat about Cornell, Vet School, or anything else hit me up! 🙂
They should be calling soon, but also keep in mind VMCAS was due a week later this year so that explains the delay 😉
Email at [email protected]
 
I applied to Cornell because I am very passionate about production animal medicine. I've always loved working with small ruminants but going to undergrad in upstate NY has also turned me into quite the cow person as well. I know Cornell can give me the tools to connect with farmers and producers.
 
I applied to Cornell because I am really interested in their Wildlife Program as well as the Aquavet Program! It also helps that the area is absolutely gorgeous, and as someone who currently lives in a more tropical environment, I'd love to actually experience the seasons!
 
Hi all! I'm so happy to be able to talk to people in the same boat 🥹 I applied to Cornell for the expanding horizons program as well as their work with wildlife. This is my first cycle applying but Cornell would definitely be the dream. I also applied to their dual DVM PHD program and received an email in December that those interviews (if accepted to the DVM program) would be Jan 28th - 30th. The interviews are more like presentations so I really hope they tell us next week so I know what to prepare and when to leave since they are in person if accepted. Good luck to everyone and we got this!
 
i applied ( a reach ) but because I’m interested in research/ pathology/zoonotic diseases. This was my last cycle applying ( accepted into 2 ) and was 12 year old me dream school so I thought I’d give it a shot!
Do you mind my asking how many cycles you applied? (Congratulations!!!) and which schools you were accepted to? I am sweating bullets, so far I have gotten 5 interviews (rejected by one school that I interviewed with), haven't heard back from 2 after completing interviews and have 2 interviews to go. I have one OOS waitlist at LSU, no acceptances yet. I am really nervous. I applied to Cornell because of interest in exotics and the AquaVet program.
 
In all honestly I applied to Cornell just to add another school😂 it’s my second cycle so I saved up a lot to apply to a good amount of schools. I got my first acceptance this week but I’m still considering Cornell because of the newly updated facilities
 
Do you mind my asking how many cycles you applied? (Congratulations!!!) and which schools you were accepted to? I am sweating bullets, so far I have gotten 5 interviews (rejected by one school that I interviewed with), haven't heard back from 2 after completing interviews and have 2 interviews to go. I have one OOS waitlist at LSU, no acceptances yet. I am really nervous. I applied to Cornell because of interest in exotics and the AquaVet program.
This was my 3rd! I was accepted to LMU and Ross, the fact that you got 5 interviews is great! My first cycle I was waitlisted, second completely rejected and 2 this time, there’s definitely an element of luck, I was an average student got my masters in VPH so I would say you have a great shot!
 
This was my 3rd! I was accepted to LMU and Ross, the fact that you got 5 interviews is great! My first cycle I was waitlisted, second completely rejected and 2 this time, there’s definitely an element of luck, I was an average student got my masters in VPH so I would say you have a great shot!
Thanks for replying! Many Congratulations. Thanks for words of encouragement, my GPA is good, maybe I don't interview as well as I could. Congratulations on VPH...that looks like a really interesting degree program.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I haven't seen an email or received a call and there's nothing in my portal. Does those who have received notice have anything in their portal?
 
Still nothing. Schools release decisions at the same time challenge (impossible)

Congrats to all the accepted/alternate folks!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you guys open the tracking page on a mobile phone? The page comes out weird for me so idk if I should use a computer instead
 
Did you guys open the tracking page on a mobile phone? The page comes out weird for me so idk if I should use a computer instead
I'm using a computer and there is still no changes to mine yet. My initials are C.R. so maybe it is indeed alphabetical? No idea

Or they're working in groups?
 
Did you guys open the tracking page on a mobile phone? The page comes out weird for me so idk if I should use a computer instead
Yep, it’s weirdly cut off for me too but the notification was easy to see when it came through and was at the top of the page
 
For everyone that got accepted/waitlisted can you write what Time you got the email? Just wondering if acceptances/waitlists are coming out in waves or maybe just rejections are :/
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad