Cornell University CVM c/o 2022 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those of y'all who have found out and for sure are going with Cornell, are you canceling any other interviews?

I have a couple in the next 10 days (one this Saturday), but Cornell is my IS and first choice, and probably the cheapest option. I read on other forums that it's unprofessional to cancel so last minute, but I have no intent on going anywhere else because Cornell is my dream school. It seems awful and disingenuous to take an interview spot, but I don't want to be rude since it's so last minute.
If you are 100% sure you will be attending Cornell, I would cancel the other interviews. If you have any doubts, go to the interviews. I was in a similar position last year. It was very difficult to turn down interviews, but I thought about those who might be waiting for an interview and the likelihood I would attend those schools over the options I already had on the table. I think you will find that most schools are appreciative of the heads up and supportive (at least that was my experience).
 
Ahhh I just missed a call that came from a blocked number....I don't want to get my hopes up since no message was left 🙁
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those of y'all who have found out and for sure are going with Cornell, are you canceling any other interviews?

I have a couple in the next 10 days (one this Saturday), but Cornell is my IS and first choice, and probably the cheapest option. I read on other forums that it's unprofessional to cancel so last minute, but I have no intent on going anywhere else because Cornell is my dream school. It seems awful and disingenuous to take an interview spot, but I don't want to be rude since it's so last minute.

I'd really say to cancel the interviews. If you have no intention of attending the school you'll be interviewing at, TBH it will just be a big waste of time/money for you and the interviewers alike. Plus one person gets off the waitlist and it could change their life. Worth the momentary discomfort/frustration on both sides of having a cancellation last minute.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@johnnaboo and @BigRedEquine I’m in that boat too but have an offer from my IS but big red sounds so nice! Here’s to the waitlist this time


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Hey guys - accepted calls are not done, there are more to be made over the next few days.

@puppers4life @imdyinscoob @BioNerd14 @fve17 @smooch @machiet @zoogrl29 @BigRedEquine @johnnaboo @youngkal
That’s what people said last year too but people only received phone calls on January 3rd...
 
Hey guys - accepted calls are not done, there are more to be made over the next few days.

@puppers4life @imdyinscoob @BioNerd14 @fve17 @smooch @machiet @zoogrl29 @BigRedEquine @johnnaboo @youngkal

Oh god I don't know if I can take another anxiety filled day staring at my phone willing it to ring
 
And then there is that small sliver of hope...

Does anyone else have the scene from Greys anatomy in their head? The one where she’s begging:”Pick me, choose me, love me!”:biglove:

I think I'll only truly lose hope when I get that rejection on my portal... for now though, I'm grateful that I'm already accepted at one school
 
Has anyone gotten an update on the tracking page? When they called me they said the official letter would be there (and I assume info about the welcome days), but nothing has been updated there yet.
 
Has anyone gotten an update on the tracking page? When they called me they said the official letter would be there (and I assume info about the welcome days), but nothing has been updated there yet.
It should be updated friday or monday
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone gotten an update on the tracking page? When they called me they said the official letter would be there (and I assume info about the welcome days), but nothing has been updated there yet.

When they called me they said by the end of the week we would get the thing to do the deposit and accept the offer!
 
Past 5 PM yesterday I had lost all hope.
I stayed up all night since I couldn't sleep after not getting a call......

9:04 AM JANUARY 3RD IN STATE ACCEPTED
WHAT IS THIS MADNESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
WHAT IS THIS
ALJSD:OIU😀FSKJ#)$*)@#($I#@@$_@#$(_@#$)FJSDF
 
Past 5 PM yesterday I had lost all hope.
I stayed up all night since I couldn't sleep after not getting a call......

9:04 AM JANUARY 3RD IN STATE ACCEPTED
WHAT IS THIS MADNESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
WHAT IS THIS
ALJSD:OIU😀FSKJ#)$*)@#($I#@@$_@#$(_@#$)FJSDF

Thats so amazing im so happy for you and @pig !


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Past 5 PM yesterday I had lost all hope.
I stayed up all night since I couldn't sleep after not getting a call......

9:04 AM JANUARY 3RD IN STATE ACCEPTED
WHAT IS THIS MADNESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
WHAT IS THIS
ALJSD:OIU😀FSKJ#)$*)@#($I#@@$_@#$(_@#$)FJSDF
YAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!
 
Forever wishing calling wasn’t a thing.....can i just have a letter with an answer now..?! Thanks lol


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Past 5 PM yesterday I had lost all hope.
I stayed up all night since I couldn't sleep after not getting a call......

9:04 AM JANUARY 3RD IN STATE ACCEPTED
WHAT IS THIS MADNESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
WHAT IS THIS
ALJSD:OIU😀FSKJ#)$*)@#($I#@@$_@#$(_@#$)FJSDF
Congrats! That is awesome news!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad