Also, if your interviews were one of the first couple, I think you can count on getting a status on being accepted/waitlisted- if the 15th of October is that particular school's first date of handing out acceptances and not later. If you were interviewed in the end of September or beginning of October, I'm going to assume that they won't be giving those people calls on the 15th, rather a couple weeks out from that- that's also assuming you weren't one of the first interview slots. After looking at one of my schools of interest I realized that there was little mention of being waitlisted from people in the first interview slots, and a lot of acceptance calls listed on the 15th for that early interview group. Then the next stream of updates came within a couple weeks for people interviewed at the end of September/beginning of October- both waitlists and acceptances mentioned. So anyone in that first group of people interviewed just didn't want to post anything about waitlists, and really it's not a fun thing to post so who can blame them.
So basically I'm saying, at least for some schools, that if you were an early interview, you should either already know you were waitlisted, or you will find out on the 15th one way or another. And of course, nothing is standard for all schools, making this whole post of mine, irrelevant in many cases, and once again I am just a bumbling idiot in the psychological game of medical school admissions.