creating an AASDAS account for preparation???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentaldreams2021

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm a current pre-dental student and I'm a junior right now. I'll be applying to schools this June for fall 2017 matriculation. Lately I've been wondering what the application is like and I wanted to take a look at the application just to see what I'll need to do in June and try to prepare and lay out my answers to components of the app.

I already have a DENTPIN (although I haven't taken the DAT yet). I was thinking about making an AADSAS account right now just for the purpose of understanding and preparation. Will the account be completely deleted after a certain point? Will any of my information be retained?

I was just worried that if I make an account right now/during this cycle, it will seem like I was applying to schools this cycle and next cycle, when I am actually applying, it will look like it is my second time around.

Would AADSAS show dental schools it is my second cycle having an account? Has anyone else created an account before their actual cycle for the purpose of understanding and preparing for the app? If so, has either AASDAS or dental schools asked you if you are a returning applicant, and has it barred/influenced your chances of getting accepted?

Thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

I'm a current pre-dental student and I'm a junior right now. I'll be applying to schools this June for fall 2017 matriculation. Lately I've been wondering what the application is like and I wanted to take a look at the application just to see what I'll need to do in June and try to prepare and lay out my answers to components of the app.

I already have a DENTPIN (although I haven't taken the DAT yet). I was thinking about making an AADSAS account right now just for the purpose of understanding and preparation. Will the account be completely deleted after a certain point? Will any of my information be retained?

I was just worried that if I make an account right now/during this cycle, it will seem like I was applying to schools this cycle and next cycle, when I am actually applying, it will look like it is my second time around.

Would AADSAS show dental schools it is my second cycle having an account? Has anyone else created an account before their actual cycle for the purpose of understanding and preparing for the app? If so, has either AASDAS or dental schools asked you if you are a returning applicant, and has it barred/influenced your chances of getting accepted?

Thanks guys!

I believe only when you click E-submit, it shows you're applying. So creating an account and filling out information won't hurt. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I believe only when you click E-submit, it shows you're applying. So creating an account and filling out information won't hurt. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
You're right! I'm doing the same thing as well. You have to pay money to submit your application when you choose schools too and OP isn't doing that so yeah.

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought they wiped old accounts at the start of the new app cycle...or am I thinking of something else?

Reactions: 1 user
You may create an account now and take a look at the application and I believe you can do that till February or whenever the cycle closes. Dental schools will not know about it cause you did not submit the application.
When the new cycle opens in June, you can login using same username and password. However, any info you saved from before won't be there.
I know cause I did that last year :)
Also if you just wanna take a look at what you gonna need in your application, I believe there's a thread over here somewhere that has screenshots of the application.
Good luck :)