General Admissions & OTCAS CSUDH Applicant Stats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah, all it says is "You have been admitted to the university."
Does everyone says elm ept petition approved too??

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Mine hasn’t changed yet :( . But congrats to those that have!!!!

So my status just changed from "You have been admitted to the university" to "You have been admitted to the university and you are now eligible to enroll" ... anyone else? Nothing changed under the Accept Admission tab, though.

So my status just changed from "You have been admitted to the university" to "You have been admitted to the university and you are now eligible to enroll" ... anyone else? Nothing changed under the Accept Admission tab, though.
Mine too! Gahh what does this all mean?

When I applied last year my status only changed after I received my rejection letter in the mail, so I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high but I feel like its very good news.

Same :(

Congrats to everyone else!

Me too... mine hasn't changed but my fiancé's did but he's not even excited he doesn't want to get his hopes up..and I don't think he can get excited until I know my status..I'm excited for him but I think he'd feel bad getting in and if I don't bc he knows this means a lot to me. But ugh mine hasn't moved either

I'm noticing a pattern.. I feel like this first batch of "admitts" are on the higher end of the scale for cum GPA. It's a 3.77 and above cum.. our greatest concern for my fiancé was tho his GPA is higher than mine, my GRE is higher than his. I'm noticing the first batches are strictly the highest and most competitive GPA..

If my theory is correct i hope the next batch will be the average and lower ends high GRE.

What confuses us is how are the admits eligible to enroll, his status changed to that too.. bc CSU and all schools requires a deposit and letter of intent to attend in order to register. How can you register w out paying the deposit for the school or responding to accept admission. so were so confused. A big reason my fiancé is choosing to not get excited, bc this happened to him years ago with LLU DPT program and he ended up finding out thru the letter he was waitlisted. Letters better start coming in soon, this is toying with our emotions.

Members don't see this ad :)
We almost have identical stats. Except I have over 400 hours under licensed OTs. I'm super stressed because I know my cumulative GPA is low, but theres not much that can be done about that as of now. Dhills is my first choice so I can stay close to home and save some money, but I'm looking into other programs as well since I don't feel like I have a huge chance of getting in. What other programs have you looked at or applied to?

I really wanted to start by Spring 2018 so I only applied to 3 programs - LSU New Orleans (Waitlisted), USA San Marcos (Accepted) and CSUDH (Waiting). I already accepted my spot at USA because I also don't feel like I have a huge change of getting into CSUDH. Plus USA is a really great school, slightly on the more expensive side but I get to finish in 2 years. Good luck to you applying it's stressful I know but it all works out in the end!

I really wanted to start by Spring 2018 so I only applied to 3 programs - LSU New Orleans (Waitlisted), USA San Marcos (Accepted) and CSUDH (Waiting). I already accepted my spot at USA because I also don't feel like I have a huge change of getting into CSUDH. Plus USA is a really great school, slightly on the more expensive side but I get to finish in 2 years. Good luck to you applying it's stressful I know but it all works out in the end!
San Marcos like the San Diego area?

I'm noticing a pattern.. I feel like this first batch of "admitts" are on the higher end of the scale for cum GPA. It's a 3.77 and above cum.. our greatest concern for my fiancé was tho his GPA is higher than mine, my GRE is higher than his. I'm noticing the first batches are strictly the highest and most competitive GPA..

If my theory is correct i hope the next batch will be the average and lower ends high GRE.
I hope that theory isn't correct for my sake because I have 3.82 GPA lol! I hope they don't skip past me... :eek:

I dont want to jinx myself but I feel like those who says admitted on the portal have a good chances of being in. I checked the "My Academics" section of my student center and it says something different than before under My Program it says this now

My Program
Current Academic Objective
PT_TRANS_PIX_1.png
1 of 2
Requirement (Catalog) Term

Career: Postbacc and Ext Ed Credit Spring 2018
Program:GRAD Degrees Spring 2018
Plan:Occupational Therapy Spring 2018

I hope that theory isn't correct for my sake because I have 3.82 GPA lol! I hope they don't skip past me... :eek:

Omgosh you're right! Idk anymore :arghh::arghh::arghh: When did your application status says "completed and forwarded to appropriate dept for review"?

I dont want to jinx myself but I feel like those who says admitted on the portal have a good chances of being in. I checked the "My Academics" section of my student center and it says something different than before under My Program it says this now

My Program
Current Academic Objective
PT_TRANS_PIX_1.png
1 of 2
Requirement (Catalog) Term

Career: Postbacc and Ext Ed Credit Spring 2018
Program:GRAD Degrees Spring 2018
Plan:Occupational Therapy Spring 2018

Where is "my academics" on student center

Also under Academic Requirements it specifies the Academic plan for MSOT and all the classes to take. I'm almost positive we're in!

When you click student center it should be a button under Academics. Im not sure if its different since I have taken a class at CSUDH before

That's probably why! Bc you've taken a class there. Although my fiancé's status changed and says admitted eligible to enroll his portal doesn't have a launchpad that has student center or my academics. And definitely mine doesn't either.

That's probably why! Bc you've taken a class there. Although my fiancé's status changed and says admitted eligible to enroll his portal doesn't have a launchpad that has student center or my academics. And definitely mine doesn't either.
I didnt take any class at csudh and I cant find student center on the student portal

I hope this is the case!!

I hope so too!! I wasn't able to access that before and i've looked constantly!! I honesly don't think anyone is just given the whole academic requirement catalog for MSOT if that student is not in the program because it was kind of the same layout for my undergrad. I also click apply for graduation and the MSOT is under there as well. Its all over my portal and it was not there before.

Reactions: 1 users
Also under Academic Requirements it specifies the Academic plan for MSOT and all the classes to take. I'm almost positive we're in!
OMG. You're right. :D
It seems like they're accepting in batches just like in previous years so I'm sure there is more to come guys! Stay positive!

I hope so too!! I wasn't able to access that before and i've looked constantly!! I honesly don't think anyone is just given the whole academic requirement catalog for MSOT if that student is not in the program because it was kind of the same layout for my undergrad. I also click apply for graduation and the MSOT is under there as well. Its all over my portal and it was not there before.

Honestly i Agree I believe those who status changed means they really have been accepted. I think we're just confused bc we come from csu system and he process was so different than this. It's almost backwards. Bc status change and portal updates was the last thing to update once deposits been made

OMG. You're right. :D
It seems like they're accepting in batches just like in previous years so I'm sure there is more to come guys! Stay positive!
Be excited guys! Honestly even if I get disappointed I rather stay hopeful plus we come in a pair and if atleast one of us got in, it's a great day! Same household lol And so far it looks like the man got in first :)

I didnt take any class at csudh and I cant find student center on the student portal

I hope this is the case!!
I haven't taken a class there either but was able to find the student center. View the "Application Status," use the "go to..." option bar, go to either "Student Center" or "My Academics" depending on what you want to look at, and click the double arrow. The "My Academics" tab has the option for "View my advisement report," which generates the entire program's schedule. I'd take it as a good sign if it's only available to those that are shown as admitted.

Strange... “Student center” nor “my academics” show up even though it says i have been admitted
It's a yellow square with a pencil in it under the launchpad section when you click on students at the top.. if that makes sense.

It's a yellow square with a pencil in it under the launchpad section when you click on students at the top.. if that makes sense.
The yellow square does not appear on my portal. Did you take a class before at csudh by any chance?

Strange... “Student center” nor “my academics” show up even though it says i have been admitted
Maybe it takes a few days for everything to update since my account said I was admitted last Wednesday then said I was eligible to enroll last Thursday. I'm not sure when the new tabs came up though because I didn't check it until futureot2018cali posted about it an hour ago. It sounds like a good thing though if everything is gradually changing.

It has given me access to the academic part of the portal as well and allows me to see all the classes and whatnot. Probably because my status changed to admitted a few days ago. But if people’s statuses are just now changing then they still must be accepting students so that’s good!

Hi everyone. Congratulations to all those that have had a change of application status! To everyone else, do not lose sight and do not lose hope.

After carefully reading through the last few weeks threads, and following this "process" for CSUDH I have to say, this is the most unprofessional and disorganized application process I have seen from any OT schools. To have the applicants guessing and checking their own status assuming admissions is absurd. There has not been any formal letters, emails, instructions for that matter. The confirmation email upon receiving the MSOT packet did not instruct us to check our status through CSUDH portal, but only stated decisions will be notified through USPS. However, many of you are being notified of your acceptances through CSUDH portal's application status, and you don't find this out by an email notifying you your status has changed but by your own doing..

how is this professional as a graduate program.

If anything this is backwards, disorganized, and unprofessional. Not to mention the office department is unable to answer any questions is absurd, there is only one person by the name of Patty that is helpful, the other personnels are not trained properly because they don't have clear answers, ever.
Most, if not ALL professional programs send out an email (or hard mail) first notifying applicants acceptances, then requesting applicants to respond to the letter of intent to enroll with a fee deposit included, which is then succeeded by an email notification of status change on the university's portal. The bizarre thing is, CSUDH seemed to be following this procedure for years, up until this year. Why the change? I only wish they would have a more concrete notification of the process. Especially for those who has had a status change, when calling the department I wish they are able to give a more definitive response instead of "I am unsure about that but decision letters are being mailed out." I understand FERPA, etc. but we would not be calling had this process been more professional and organized.

Quite honestly I am absolutely appalled at this process. It's unprofessional to leave applicants (whose lives and futures are on the line) guessing.

My status had changed and I am able to see "My student center" and registration. I called the department specifically about deposits to secure my seat and their response "I am not sure why your portal would change first or why your status has changed. we do not have control over that the university and our department is different, the university, specifically Admissions is in charged of application status changes through MYCSUDH portal but letters are being mailed out. You should wait for an official letter before making decisions." The person was not Patty but another female.

Hi everyone. Congratulations to all those that have had a change of application status! To everyone else, do not lose sight and do not lose hope.

After carefully reading through the last few weeks threads, and following this "process" for CSUDH I have to say, this is the most unprofessional and disorganized application process I have seen from any OT schools. To have the applicants guessing and checking their own status assuming admissions is absurd. There has not been any formal letters, emails, instructions for that matter. The confirmation email upon receiving the MSOT packet did not instruct us to check our status through CSUDH portal, but only stated decisions will be notified through USPS. However, many of you are being notified of your acceptances through CSUDH portal's application status, and you don't find this out by an email notifying you your status has changed but by your own doing..

how is this professional as a graduate program.

If anything this is backwards, disorganized, and unprofessional. Not to mention the office department is unable to answer any questions is absurd, there is only one person by the name of Patty that is helpful, the other personnels are not trained properly because they don't have clear answers, ever.
Most, if not ALL professional programs send out an email (or hard mail) first notifying applicants acceptances, then requesting applicants to respond to the letter of intent to enroll with a fee deposit included, which is then succeeded by an email notification of status change on the university's portal. The bizarre thing is, CSUDH seemed to be following this procedure for years, up until this year. Why the change? I only wish they would have a more concrete notification of the process. Especially for those who has had a status change, when calling the department I wish they are able to give a more definitive response instead of "I am unsure about that but decision letters are being mailed out." I understand FERPA, etc. but we would not be calling had this process been more professional and organized.

Quite honestly I am absolutely appalled at this process. It's unprofessional to leave applicants (whose lives and futures are on the line) guessing.

My status had changed and I am able to see "My student center" and registration. I called the department specifically about deposits to secure my seat and their response "I am not sure why your portal would change first or why your status has changed. we do not have control over that the university and our department is different, the university, specifically Admissions is in charged of application status changes through MYCSUDH portal but letters are being mailed out. You should wait for an official letter before making decisions." The person was not Patty but another female.

I have a feeling because for some past applicants who status’s have changed , they weren’t actually admitted. Which is why the department wants to wait for us to receive a USPS letter. I’m sure they’re trying to save face and not break any hearts. Just hang tight, I’m sure you’ll hear some news soon.

I have a feeling because for some past applicants who status’s have changed , they weren’t actually admitted. Which is why the department wants to wait for us to receive a USPS letter. I’m sure they’re trying to save face and not break any hearts. Just hang tight, I’m sure you’ll hear some news soon.

Yah I remember was it last year? Or year before? Someone got a letter of acceptance only to find out it was a mistake, and yes I think that's why my other half refuses to feel anything until he gets a hard copy letter because we really don't know until it's an actual letter from the dept.

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to let everyone know that I received my letter of acceptance in the mail today! The letter is dated November 9, 2017, which is also the day I saw my status change on the website. So if your status has changed on the my.csudh portal, then I think it is safe to assume you have been admitted!

In addition, my undergrad GPA was on the lower end- 3.25, so I don't think this first batch is just higher GPAs. Hang in there everyone. The wait is almost over. Letters are finally coming out!

Reactions: 8 users
Hi everyone!

I just wanted to let everyone know that I received my letter of acceptance in the mail today! The letter is dated November 9, 2017, which is also the day I saw my status change on the website. So if your status has changed on the my.csudh portal, then I think it is safe to assume you have been admitted!

In addition, my undergrad GPA was on the lower end- 3.25, so I don't think this first batch is just higher GPAs. Hang in there everyone. The wait is almost over. Letters are finally coming out!
congrats!!!

Hi everyone,

Just updating y'all on my journey. Poor people who look through this forum in the years to come will be SO confused because I cannot keep track of what's going on myself.

My CSUDH portal changed today, it has links to things like toroMail, Toro Pay, Blackboard, Student Center... that weren't there before. However, I never had an Admissions tab anywhere or anything about Accept Admissions, I don't know what people are talking about with EPT/ELM/EPM or something? So I don't see anywhere that it says that I have been "accepted." I am able to access the MSOT Academic Advising Report as someone earlier mentioned, which seems like a good sign because it would be silly to give someone access to all that if they weren't accepted into the program.

I'm still crossing my fingers to receive a letter in the mail but things are looking up! I'm glad good news is finally rolling in, everybody just sit tight, we'll know sooner than later!

Hi everyone!

Congrats!!! Do you mind sharing your GRE score with us?

Hi everyone!

Is there a postmark date on the envelope? I'm just curious as to when they started mailing them because a week is a long time for a letter to be delivered even with the federal holiday

Congrats!!! Do you mind sharing your GRE score with us?

Thank you! My stats are:

Undergrad: UCSD
Major: Economics
Pre-req GPA: 4.00
GPA: 3.25
GRE: V- 162 Q-154, Writing-5
Hours: Early Intervention Pediatrics, Clinical Pediatrics ~almost 400 hours total

Extracurriculars:
  • Leadership role in an international volunteer service-learning organization
  • 40 hours educational fieldwork in low-income elementary schools

Is there a postmark date on the envelope? I'm just curious as to when they started mailing them because a week is a long time for a letter to be delivered even with the federal holiday

My envelope says 11/13/2017. Hope that helps!

For those who got envelopes, do you have a date you need to respond by? Just wondering, only because it makes me wonder when the next round of applicants will be, or if it's some kind of rolling admissions every day (which it kind of looks like).

For those who got envelopes, do you have a date you need to respond by? Just wondering, only because it makes me wonder when the next round of applicants will be, or if it's some kind of rolling admissions every day (which it kind of looks like).

Unlike last year, there is no date listed to respond by, nor any special instructions to respond to the admission letter. I'm not really sure what the next step is beside waiting for any changes or updates to the csudh portal.

Unlike last year, there is no date listed to respond by, nor any special instructions to respond to the admission letter. I'm not really sure what the next step is beside waiting for any changes or updates to the csudh portal.

I would call the OT department to confirm your letter tomorrow. Your situation sounds very similar to a someone 2 years ago. Here is the link for reference CSUDH Discussion. Her/His username is "OTcsudh2018".

In the forums she mentioned that she received an acceptance letter to only find out it was sent in error. I only question the authenticity of your letter because no one else posted that they received a letter today. I imagine seeing multiple people post that they received their letter esp with everyone’s stats. They’re so good!

I’ve read every single CSUDH forum and while our year is the most nontraditional in how late it is but their is ALWAYS multiple people saying they got an acceptance letter on the same day. In addition, you stating that there is no date listed to respond by is very odd because they ALWAYS say you need to respond by a certain date and complete a confirmation of acceptance form in addition to paying $150 for your seat deposit. (I’ve seen the acceptance letters many times from friends in the program)

I’m really hoping the best for you and just want you to make sure the letter is legitimate. Unfortunately, There have been situations in the past with CSUDH accidentally sending false acceptance letters.

Last edited:
So I called the OT dept and asked about the letter and the guy said my letter is from the admissions office, not the OT dept (hence why there's no dates listed). Even though I've received a letter from the office of admissions and the online portal says "You have been admitted to the university", he just said to keep waiting for the letter from the dept.

So I called the OT dept and asked about the letter and the guy said my letter is from the admissions office, not the OT dept (hence why there's no dates listed). Even though I've received a letter from the office of admissions and the online portal says "You have been admitted to the university", he just said to keep waiting for the letter from the dept.

Okay so I don't know why I didn't think about this sooner. But all of you who status has not changed yet DO NOT LOSE HOPE! I specifically remember this..when I received a letter from the university about my application received and the transcripts they still needed, i was notified AFTER September 15 (dept deadline) I needed a letter of non enrollment from a community college I never attended.. I was freaking out. I called the department spoke to two multiple people and they said I was fine that's just something the university needed.. I also told them is it an issue that my file says incomplete.. and they said that happens all the time, admission and records take a while to change status-- if I was to get accepted and my file, according to the university, status says incomplete they would ask admission to manually override it as long as I met university requirement w everything else bc it was just a letter of non enrollment, the reason is sometimes the "status" takes a long time to update.

I ended up submitting it before the university deadline (oct 1st) and when I hand delivered the letter I asked admission if my file is now complete.. the guy at admission said "yes, I just checked the box 'complete' , you're good" and even showed me (bc I'm neurotic lol and need to see it) so then I asked when will I see the status change on my end.. he said it takes a few days to update on your end... he was right it took almost 5 days after the fact he checked the box in front of me, to show "complete". But it did not say "complete forwarded to appropriate dept for review" so I called again lol and they said that status will change once the evaluator looks over everything.. it's up to the admission evaluator.

SO, my main point is..everytime there's a change in status on our application (complete, accepted) it gets passed down to the university evaluation first for them to make sure we have met university requirements. The evaluators job is to go over course agreements from our undergrad, pre reqs, etc.. it's like the final check point. And once that's cleared they then change our status. Which is also a reason for the update of "elm/ept not required" the admission record evaluator determines that. The process with admission actually takes time, which also leads me to believe decisions have been made before November or beginning of November and a lot of files are on the evaluators desk. (I also know this because at my undergrad university I just saw two job postings for graduate admission evaluator and looked at job description and it's what I just stated above).. I think this is also why we're seeing it come in "batches". It's different than previous years where dept letter comes first and status change is after, I think they changed it bc there has been issues of students in dept getting accepted but there was an issue with university requirements, etc. which posed a problem I assume. You can't get admitted to dept if university says no and to prevent registration delays or financial aid issues etc. So I think this process is to be safe.

So I received the same letter, but it says on it, “It’s my pleasure to inform you that you have been accepted for graduate admission to the Occupational Therapy program for the Spring 2018.” And at the bottom, it congratulates me on my acceptance into the OT program at CSUDH. I understand that it’s from the admissions office since it says that on the envelope and on the heading of the letter, but it seems odd that they’d mention the specific program if it was just for being admitted into the university and not the program. My envelope and letter are dated the same as the one received by loreefulxp. It sounds like people are for sure being accepted since that has been confirmed by calling the OT Department. Maybe they’re waiting to complete the selection of the potential cohort prior to sending the official letters from the specific department.

Reactions: 2 users
So I received the same letter, but it says on it, “It’s my pleasure to inform you that you have been accepted for graduate admission to the Occupational Therapy program for the Spring 2018.” And at the bottom, it congratulates me on my acceptance into the OT program at CSUDH. I understand that it’s from the admissions office since it says that on the envelope and on the heading of the letter, but it seems odd that they’d mention the specific program if it was just for being admitted into the university and not the program. My envelope and letter are dated the same as the one received by loreefulxp. It sounds like people are for sure being accepted since that has been confirmed by calling the OT Department. Maybe they’re waiting to complete the selection of the potential cohort prior to sending the official letters from the specific department.

Based on my post above, it is official the dept letters should be coming soon I think they needed clearance from university first

Hi everyone! My letter came in the mail today as well. It’s the same one and is dated the same from Office Admissions