Program-Specific Info / Q's CSUDH MSOT 2021 Application Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I wasn't formally rejected yet, but I'm assuming I was. The "Application Status" link is now gone from my MY CSUDH homepage.... but when I find it through the student menu it still says "application was sent to the department for review".
But I'm just assuming it's a no... I feel like I'd have heard by now :(
Yeah I don't see that tab anymore either. I'm glad that I found this forum though otherwise I'd be so anxious and lost as to that's happening with the application process.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
hey guys! i just called the OT dept at CSUDH and the lady I spoke to said that letters are delayed, but are still going to be sent out over the next two weeks! everyone who hasn't heard back yet, let's keep our hopes up and stay positive!!

Reactions: 5 users
Has anyone started a Facebook group for cohort 17? I know they've done that in years past and I'd love to connect with future classmates :) Sending positivity to everyone who is still waiting...I know it's hard!!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello all! Today I noticed I was denied. I emailed them asking how I can improve my application, as I thought my stats were pretty great! Hopefully they'll get back to me. Congrats to everyone who was accepted!

Hello all! Today I noticed I was denied. I emailed them asking how I can improve my application, as I thought my stats were pretty great! Hopefully they'll get back to me. Congrats to everyone who was accepted!
Aw :( I'm sorry to hear that. And thank you for sharing! I'm still waiting for my decision. Did they email you regarding the decision?

Aw :( I'm sorry to hear that. And thank you for sharing! I'm still waiting for my decision. Did they email you regarding the decision?
They didn't email me.... I just checked my CSUDH student account where it says "application status"

Hey guys, I applied on 9/15 (yup, i was cutting it close), had my app status set as "under view," got admitted into the university on 11/29, and got accepted by the department the following day.

I just sent in my agreement form today and I will be joining cohort 17! For those who cannot view their app status anymore, just letting you know that I could not view it like 2 days before sending in my form, so there might still be a chance. Good luck

If any of you guys use discord, feel free to add me! user is Blue Priiint #7241

Let me know if the FB page has been made please

Yeah I don't see that tab anymore either. I'm glad that I found this forum though otherwise I'd be so anxious and lost as to that's happening with the application process.
I also just noticed the "Application Status" tab is gone from my portal. Really hoping this isn't a bad sign...

I also just noticed the "Application Status" tab is gone from my portal. Really hoping this isn't a bad sign...

you can still view your status.. If you click on the green financial aide/scholarship button it takes you to a different page. You can then select “application status” from the drop down menu and it should tell you !

I got denied today. Don't feel too bad about it though as I had a feeling it was coming. Good luck to all who are accepted or still waiting to hear back!

Is there anyone else still waiting to hear back? My application status still says “sent to appropriate department and is under review”.

Hi, I am also waiting for my decision. It's
Is there anyone else still waiting to hear back? My application status still says “sent to appropriate department and is under review”.
Yes I am also still waiting. Kind of crazy that it's taking this long.

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m also waiting for my decision! I’m getting so anxious!
I emailed them last week and just got a reply that I should know within the week. Very anxiety inducing!

Kind of ridiculous it’s taking this long...imagine if there was no pandemic and we were expected to move to LA this quickly!!

I received my acceptance over the phone today from the Admissions Office.
They went over the timeline with me and asked if I was still interested.
After I confirmed, they sent me an email for the actual acceptance.

Good luck to those that are still waiting to hear back~

Reactions: 1 users
I received my acceptance over the phone today from the Admissions Office.
They went over the timeline with me and asked if I was still interested.
After I confirmed, they sent me an email for the actual acceptance.

Good luck to those that are still waiting to hear back~
congrats!!

Congrats!! In regards to timeline, did they say when we would be hearing about registering for classes? Haven't heard anything from them in a while and curious to know when we will get more info.
I emailed the OT department last night. They replied this morning saying we will hear more about class registration by next Tuesday (12/15).

Reactions: 2 users
Just checked my portal, and I officially got denied. Congrats to everyone who got in, and good luck to everyone still waiting for notifications from here and other schools! Hoping we all find success in our futures!

weirdly enough, i just received an email regarding the class schedule.
I was just about to reply that I got the email with the class schedule and enrolled in my courses today, I'm so excited 😄

Did anyone else see that our due date for tuition is 12/12/2020? That can't be the only date to make the payment by right? I still have to wait for loans to kick in in January

Did anyone else see that our due date for tuition is 12/12/2020? That can't be the only date to make the payment by right? I still have to wait for loans to kick in in January
I registered about an hour ago, so im still waiting on my account to update.

so my acceptance letter indicated that orientaiton is on the 7th and 8th of january with the OT semester starting on the 11th.

if you go on the C17 Spring schedule and click on the dates to remember tab, the orientation dates are on the 14th and 15th of january with our first day of class being on the 12th.

dont know if im going crazy, but can someone double check o_O

so my acceptance letter indicated that orientaiton is on the 7th and 8th of january with the OT semester starting on the 11th.

if you go on the C17 Spring schedule and click on the dates to remember tab, the orientation dates are on the 14th and 15th of january with our first day of class being on the 12th.

Yeah I saw that too. But I assume orientations would be before the first day of instruction so it is more likely that it is the 7th and 8th of january. They'll most likely send us a zoom link earlier that week

So, I also just registered and see the due date of 12/12/2020 under the "charges due" tab. I tried going through the motion to see where we would have to pay but can't get through the page when I click "Make a Payment" on the drop-down list. Did anyone actually pay after registering?

So, I also just registered and see the due date of 12/12/2020 under the "charges due" tab. I tried going through the motion to see where we would have to pay but can't get through the page when I click "Make a Payment" on the drop-down list. Did anyone actually pay after registering?
Update: The page to "Make a Payment" works now. I also saw this, "Registration: November 06, 2020 to February 12, 2021 fees are due 48 hours after registration."

I actually didn't see that. On a side note, I just spoke to the financial aid office and there was an issue with them receiving my FAFSA. I feel like Deja Vu as they had the same issue with my transcripts. I'm curious if anyone else has been awarded any Financial Aid? The Cal State Grant is what I was really hoping to get but there is only a limited number of those grants...

I actually didn't see that. On a side note, I just spoke to the financial aid office and there was an issue with them receiving my FAFSA. I feel like Deja Vu as they had the same issue with my transcripts. I'm curious if anyone else has been awarded any Financial Aid? The Cal State Grant is what I was really hoping to get but there is only a limited number of those grants...

Last update i got from the FAFSA office was a week ago stating that CSUDH is now reviewing my info.

i noticed that if you start a payment plan, you could kinda delay the payment due date, so i might roll with that until i get more info from the office (i got another ~24 hrs to decide lol)

So I've been on the phone with financial aid and student financial services for about 3.5 hours (very stressful lol) and I learned a couple of things... I have non-resident tuition so I am not eligible for the payment plan on toropay (which apparently pushes your first due date to January 13th). I would have to pay everything besides the non-resident tuition fee out of pocket because I don't know my aid situation yet. They were able to put a save on my account since they saw that I am enrolled and they have received all of the necessary FAFSA info from me/know I am waiting to hear about my aid. This just means I don't have to pay anything out of pocket right now since I don't have my loans yet and I cannot get dropped if I don't pay tomorrow (the due date will not change but there are no penalties for past due payments). They said we should hear about our aid by the holiday break which is the 23rd.

If anyone is worried I would call financial aid and ask if they can put a save put on your account. The decision is up to them whether or not they do it, but if you are enrolled and have all of your financial aid documents in, I think they will. This just guarantees that you won't get dropped if you don't pay by your due date. I was also told you would receive an email letting you know that you that you're at risk of getting dropped if you don't pay by a certain date, and that the university has one general drop date for all students. They said this drop happens a little later so you shouldn't have to worry about it even if you don't get a hold on your account or you don't pay by your due date (unless you receive a warning email). Again this is all information I was told by a large mix of people and this is just how I understood it so just know I could be mistaken about some things. Might be a little confusing but I hope this helps!

I noticed that too, I'm assuming the first orientation dates are correct but I sent an email asking to be sure. I'll update when I get an answer!
Update: they sent an email to everyone confirming orientation is 1/7 and 1/8

Last edited:
So I've been on the phone with financial aid and student financial services for about 3.5 hours (very stressful lol) and I learned a couple of things... I have non-resident tuition so I am not eligible for the payment plan on toropay (which apparently pushes your first due date to January 13th). I would have to pay everything besides the non-resident tuition fee out of pocket because I don't know my aid situation yet. They were able to put a save on my account since they saw that I am enrolled and they have received all of the necessary FAFSA info from me/know I am waiting to hear about my aid. This just means I don't have to pay anything out of pocket right now since I don't have my loans yet and I cannot get dropped if I don't pay tomorrow (the due date will not change but there are no penalties for past due payments). They said we should hear about our aid by the holiday break which is the 23rd.

If anyone is worried I would call financial aid and ask if they can put a save put on your account. The decision is up to them whether or not they do it, but if you are enrolled and have all of your financial aid documents in, I think they will. This just guarantees that you won't get dropped if you don't pay by your due date. I was also told you would receive an email letting you know that you that you're at risk of getting dropped if you don't pay by a certain date, and that the university has one general drop date for all students. They said this drop happens a little later so you shouldn't have to worry about it even if you don't get a hold on your account or you don't pay by your due date (unless you receive a warning email). Again this is all information I was told by a large mix of people and this is just how I understood it so just know I could be mistaken about some things. Might be a little confusing but I hope this helps!
appreciate the info. makes me feel more relaxed. hopefully things work out for you

ill take your advice and hit up the office. i might set up the payment plan just to be safe

Hi! I wasn't able to register for classes until about an hour ago. I see where the due date for the fees are. Does anyone know how we can apply for the payment plan ?

Last edited:
Hi! I wasn't able to register for classes until about an hour ago. Where is everyone seeing the deadline information? Is that on toropay? Mine doesn't show any deadline or fee amounts.

i had to wait about 3-4 hours for my amount to update, so you might need to wait as well. the deadline info should show on ToroPay. i think we gotta pay 48 hrs after registering

Hi! I wasn't able to register for classes until about an hour ago. I see where the due date for the fees are. Does anyone know how we can apply for the payment plan ?
Go to ToroPay on your CSUDH portal and there should be a "set up payment plan" button. I still had a $2 fee separate from the plan due tomorrow but the first tuition installment moved to 1/13. I'm glad I checked on here or I would have had no idea anything was due so soon 😅

is anyone else still waiting to hear back ? this wait is excruciating

For anyone who set up an Exxat account, did you subscribe and pay the fee or just set it up and skip the subscription?

For anyone who set up an Exxat account, did you subscribe and pay the fee or just set it up and skip the subscription?
I responded to the email to confirm whether or not we had to pay the $250 Exxat STEPS subscription and I was told yes. There's a reference to this program in our acceptance letter.

Reactions: 2 users
I see the required docs now, but I don't see the link for the background check? Do you know where it is?
Hi! Here's how I found the link for the background check:

1. Log into EXXAT.
2. Click "[Click Here]" next to Background Check Results.
3. Scroll down the list of required documents to #14 Background Check Results. At the very right column under Actions, you'll see a green box that says "Request Screening." Click that!
4. You'll be taken to the Student Background Check page. Click the purple box that says "Background Standard" and confirm.

After this, you should get an email with a link to your background check forms. Hope this helps!! :)

Reactions: 1 users
I’m still waiting. I keep getting the same answer that they are behind and will get send out letters this week or so... that’s been the same thing the last month. Keeping my hopes the best I can

I am still waiting. They said they’re behind and will send out a letter regardless of acceptance. But they’ve said they’re a week behind the last three weeks. 🤞🏻

does anyone know if there is a deadline for the Exxat fee / requirements?

does anyone know if there is a deadline for the Exxat fee / requirements?
I am not sure about all the materials that we need to submit to Exxat, but when I asked about the due date for the immunization and physical forms, he said that it is due around late January/early February.. Unfortunately, I did not get an exact date.

I emailed one of the assistant professors who was included in the email, so I say try reaching out to him.

hope this helped

I am not sure about all the materials that we need to submit to Exxat, but when I asked about the due date for the immunization and physical forms, he said that it is due around late January/early February.. Unfortunately, I did not get an exact date.

I emailed one of the assistant professors who was included in the email, so I say try reaching out to him.

hope this helped
They said the exact same thing to me. I was hoping to get a specific date lol.

Last edited:
I am still waiting. They said they’re behind and will send out a letter regardless of acceptance. But they’ve said they’re a week behind the last three weeks. 🤞🏻
Hey! I had a feeling something was up with my situation because of the long wait and because I had an issue with a transcript that caused my application to be withdrawn i october. Last week I emailed the department asking for an update and never heard back. Monday i followed up by calling and then I received a call from someone on the admissions team around 10am. They asked me for a statement regarding the issue with my transcript, and said I'd hear back later that day. Then at around 2pm on monday, the Department Chair Dr. Peralta-Catipon called me. There were some issues with my application (like my checklist came up blank for them), and so she asked me some questions about that. Then she kinda interviewed me? and asked why I wanted to be an OT and how I chose the profession. At the end of the 30 min call she said she would give me admission, conditional on me accepting the admissions offer that day and making the payments. So, now I'm a part of cohort 17! If you still haven't heard back, I'd make sure you can reach someone by 5pm PST today, because they are leaving for holiday break until January. Best of luck, I hope you get in!

Hey! I had a feeling something was up with my situation because of the long wait and because I had an issue with a transcript that caused my application to be withdrawn i october. Last week I emailed the department asking for an update and never heard back. Monday i followed up by calling and then I received a call from someone on the admissions team around 10am. They asked me for a statement regarding the issue with my transcript, and said I'd hear back later that day. Then at around 2pm on monday, the Department Chair Dr. Peralta-Catipon called me. There were some issues with my application (like my checklist came up blank for them), and so she asked me some questions about that. Then she kinda interviewed me? and asked why I wanted to be an OT and how I chose the profession. At the end of the 30 min call she said she would give me admission, conditional on me accepting the admissions offer that day and making the payments. So, now I'm a part of cohort 17! If you still haven't heard back, I'd make sure you can reach someone by 5pm PST today, because they are leaving for holiday break until January. Best of luck, I hope you get in!

Thats awesome! So great you got in. Do you mind sharing your stats? I'll most likely be applying again next year...