Program-Specific Info / Q's CSUDH MSOT 2021 Application Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i just got an email saying that Dr. peralta would like to have a meeting with me tomorrow. Was this what your email said?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! I had a feeling something was up with my situation because of the long wait and because I had an issue with a transcript that caused my application to be withdrawn i october. Last week I emailed the department asking for an update and never heard back. Monday i followed up by calling and then I received a call from someone on the admissions team around 10am. They asked me for a statement regarding the issue with my transcript, and said I'd hear back later that day. Then at around 2pm on monday, the Department Chair Dr. Peralta-Catipon called me. There were some issues with my application (like my checklist came up blank for them), and so she asked me some questions about that. Then she kinda interviewed me? and asked why I wanted to be an OT and how I chose the profession. At the end of the 30 min call she said she would give me admission, conditional on me accepting the admissions offer that day and making the payments. So, now I'm a part of cohort 17! If you still haven't heard back, I'd make sure you can reach someone by 5pm PST today, because they are leaving for holiday break until January. Best of luck, I hope you get in!
i just got an email saying that Dr. peralta would like to have a meeting with me tomorrow. Was this what your email said?

Thats awesome! So great you got in. Do you mind sharing your stats? I'll most likely be applying again next year...
Yeah sure!
I got my bachelors in Cognitive Science at UC Berkeley, and a minor in Education
GPA: 3.7 / Prerequisite GPA: 3.9
GRE: Quan - 159 / Verb- 163 / AWA - 5.0
I honestly don't have the total number of volunteer hours, but:
- I worked as a student volunteer at an early childhood development center
- I volunteered for an OT from Jan-March but got off because of covid
- I took the Foundations of OT Workshop at CSUDH
- I was a research assistant for two different labs in my undergrad

Letters of Rec: Pediatric OT who led the workshop at CSUDH (Prof. Penoliar), Prerequisite teacher from SMC, researcher I worked for

Work Experience:
- Therapy Assistant at Pediatric Therapy Network
- 6 months as an in-home ABA therapist
- 9 months as an in-school BII (one-to-one aide)

Members don't see this ad :)
I actually never received an email about it, everything was over the phone. But you probably had a similar situation to me! If there were any issues with application, she may just want to talk to you about it. Be prepared to answer some questions like "Why do you want to be an OT?" and stuff... good luck!

I actually never received an email about it, everything was over the phone. But you probably had a similar situation to me! If there were any issues with application, she may just want to talk to you about it. Be prepared to answer some questions like "Why do you want to be an OT?" and stuff... good luck!
Okay thank you so much. I’m nervous meeting on zoom tomorrow at 1pm. Any advice?

Did anyone notice that the required documents say "Thursday, February 7th." Im not sure if they mean tomorrow or next month lol.

Did anyone notice that the required documents say "Thursday, February 7th." Im not sure if they mean tomorrow or next month lol.
I think it means today by 4pm, it said Jan 7th everywhere else but I noticed that difference too 😅