-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
CSULA Post Bac Option 1 & 2 2019 Application Cycle
Started by conchalover
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
docgodzilla
New Member
Hi! Applied too but I haven't heard back. I received an email in late April saying decisions would be held by the end of May. Sorry I know this was targeted to ppl who have actually completed the program but it's nice to see there is someone from the 2019 application cycle on here!Hey everyone! I recently applied to CSULA’s post bac option 1. This is my backup school, but I was curious if anyone has attended this program or heard of it before? Any pros and cons of the program?
conchalover
Full Member
Hi! Applied too but I haven't heard back. I received an email in late April saying decisions would be held by the end of May. Sorry I know this was targeted to ppl who have actually completed the program but it's nice to see there is someone from the 2019 application cycle on here!
Hi there! I am glad that I'm not all alone in this process!! Have you applied anywhere else? So far, I've got rejected from UCSF, UCI, and UCSD 🙁 I'm hoping to get into UCR's program and if not, CSULA or SFSU are my backups! Also, have you heard anything about CSULA's program? I saw they offered a post bac and decided to apply but I can't find any other information then what is mentioned on their school website.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
docgodzilla
New Member
Hi there! I am glad that I'm not all alone in this process!! Have you applied anywhere else? So far, I've got rejected from UCSF, UCI, and UCSD 🙁 I'm hoping to get into UCR's program and if not, CSULA or SFSU are my backups! Also, have you heard anything about CSULA's program? I saw they offered a post bac and decided to apply but I can't find any other information then what is mentioned on their school website.
I honestly only applied to CSULA but it's my second time applying because I got rejected last year. It's the only one that seems convenient for me since they offer a stipend to help pay for the tuition so I'm hoping I have better luck this time or else I'm stuck at SMC taking the pre-reqs. I know just as much about it as you. Everything based on the website. Good luck! I hope one of the post-bacs workouts for you, it's extremely competitive out there! Hopefully CSULA takes the both of us! Idk how many applicants they get :/
conchalover
Full Member
I honestly only applied to CSULA but it's my second time applying because I got rejected last year. It's the only one that seems convenient for me since they offer a stipend to help pay for the tuition so I'm hoping I have better luck this time or else I'm stuck at SMC taking the pre-reqs. I know just as much about it as you. Everything based on the website. Good luck! I hope one of the post-bacs workouts for you, it's extremely competitive out there! Hopefully CSULA takes the both of us! Idk how many applicants they get :/
I just received my acceptance letter via an email from Moises Olavarrieta today! I'm praying that you will get in as well!!!
I just received my acceptance letter via an email from Moises Olavarrieta today! I'm praying that you will get in as well!!!
Does that mean all acceptance emails have been sent !? I also applied to CSULA but didn’t hear from them Friday
conchalover
Full Member
Does that mean all acceptance emails have been sent !? I also applied to CSULA but didn’t hear from them Friday
I'm not sure 🙁 In my acceptance email, he stated that there was a waitlist. I emailed back accepting the offer and I will keep you guys updated on any info they tell me!
docgodzilla
New Member
OMG congrats!!! I am SOOOO stoked for you!!! ^_^ hopefully your good energy spreads! I'm happy someone on here got in! I'm sure you'll love their post-bacc =)I just received my acceptance letter via an email from Moises Olavarrieta today! I'm praying that you will get in as well!!!
conchalover
Full Member
OMG congrats!!! I am SOOOO stoked for you!!! ^_^ hopefully your good energy spreads! I'm happy someone on here got in! I'm sure you'll love their post-bacc =)
Thank you so so much!! I hope to see you there! 🙂
Hi guys! Congratulations on those that have gotten accepted so far! I applied to the post bacc program as well, but for option 2! And I got in. But I have not yet accepted because I don't know what I'd do in regards to the living situation, LA is so expensive! Are all of you locals to the LA area? I would love to hear recommendations on any cheap places! Thanks
docgodzilla
New Member
I got an email from Moises O. yesterday telling me I should be getting an acceptance or denial email next week. The email states that there are many applicants and they still haven't made their decisions. Did you happen to get one?Oh wow, please keep us updated! Thank you!
I also received the same email yesterdayI got an email from Moises O. yesterday telling me I should be getting an acceptance or denial email next week. The email states that there are many applicants and they still haven't made their decisions. Did you happen to get one?
docgodzilla
New Member
LA in general is very pricey tbh. Your best bet is to look for places in the valley (Reseda, Pacoima, North Hollywood, Tujunga) which is generally a bit cheaper. That, or the "hood" which would be South Central, West-Adams area, and possibly Mid-City but even those neighborhoods are starting to get a bit pricey. Roommates are always an option to and split the rent. Good luck to you!Hi guys! Congratulations on those that have gotten accepted so far! I applied to the post bacc program as well, but for option 2! And I got in. But I have not yet accepted because I don't know what I'd do in regards to the living situation, LA is so expensive! Are all of you locals to the LA area? I would love to hear recommendations on any cheap places! Thanks
Did they give you a deadline of when you had to make a decision? Thanks!Hi guys! Congratulations on those that have gotten accepted so far! I applied to the post bacc program as well, but for option 2! And I got in. But I have not yet accepted because I don't know what I'd do in regards to the living situation, LA is so expensive! Are all of you locals to the LA area? I would love to hear recommendations on any cheap places! Thanks
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
conchalover
Full Member
Did they give you a deadline of when you had to make a decision? Thanks!
Friday May 31st was the deadline!
conchalover
Full Member
Is anyone attending the Q&A on August 1st? If so, have you received any information about it?
conchalover
Full Member
Hi op, I’m currently looking into post bacc programs to apply to next year, and I’m really interested in CSULA’s option 1. Any chance I can p.m. you about it?
Hey there, yeah of course feel free to reach out!!
Hi guys!
I know this thread is a year old but I am applying to CSULA's postbacc program and had a few questions about the application process. I read that we had to send everything in one packet (Transcripts, LORs, etc). I have my letters stored on interfolio ... how would i get access to my Letters just to add them in the one packet that we need to turn in to CSULA?
Also for the transcripts, i have quite a few so do I just order them to be sent to my house then i put them all together into a packet just to give it to CSULA when I apply?
Thanks!
I know this thread is a year old but I am applying to CSULA's postbacc program and had a few questions about the application process. I read that we had to send everything in one packet (Transcripts, LORs, etc). I have my letters stored on interfolio ... how would i get access to my Letters just to add them in the one packet that we need to turn in to CSULA?
Also for the transcripts, i have quite a few so do I just order them to be sent to my house then i put them all together into a packet just to give it to CSULA when I apply?
Thanks!
conchalover
Full Member
Hi guys!
I know this thread is a year old but I am applying to CSULA's postbacc program and had a few questions about the application process. I read that we had to send everything in one packet (Transcripts, LORs, etc). I have my letters stored on interfolio ... how would i get access to my Letters just to add them in the one packet that we need to turn in to CSULA?
Also for the transcripts, i have quite a few so do I just order them to be sent to my house then i put them all together into a packet just to give it to CSULA when I apply?
Thanks!
Hey there,
I haven't looked into using Interfolio so I'm not exactly sure how that would work. When I applied, I got the letter directly from my letter writers and put it in the application packet. You may want to reach out to them and see if they will accept it through Interfolio. When I reached out to them, they allowed me to submit my transcripts electronically (the school sent the transcript). But if your school does not offer electronic transcripts, you will have to get the transcript yourself. I did this for one of my schools but I paid for rush service and went to the school myself (instead of waiting for it to come to my house because I personally feel like that's unreliable). Hope this helps!
Hey conchalover,Hey there,
I haven't looked into using Interfolio so I'm not exactly sure how that would work. When I applied, I got the letter directly from my letter writers and put it in the application packet. You may want to reach out to them and see if they will accept it through Interfolio. When I reached out to them, they allowed me to submit my transcripts electronically (the school sent the transcript). But if your school does not offer electronic transcripts, you will have to get the transcript yourself. I did this for one of my schools but I paid for rush service and went to the school myself (instead of waiting for it to come to my house because I personally feel like that's unreliable). Hope this helps!
I really appreciate the response. I requested transcripts and I have them at home now. I'm most likely will be stopping by the school next week to drop off the packet. I called the school and they said I could have my LORs sent thru interfolio by mail straight to the school (thank goodness i got that figured out!). I appreciate your response. Any other tips or advice regarding this program? its one of my top choices... thanks!
conchalover
Full Member
Hey conchalover,
I really appreciate the response. I requested transcripts and I have them at home now. I'm most likely will be stopping by the school next week to drop off the packet. I called the school and they said I could have my LORs sent thru interfolio by mail straight to the school (thank goodness i got that figured out!). I appreciate your response. Any other tips or advice regarding this program? its one of my top choices... thanks!
Nice, I'm glad you got it all figured out! Honestly the program is really you just being on your own and taking classes to fulfill the requirements for the certificate (basically upper division science courses). You have to get a 3.0 GPA throughout your time to qualify for the certificate. They do offer some workshops that help with the application or personal statement workshops here and there but they're very limited. I chose CSULA cause its literally the cheapest program and I just needed a good school to take classes and raise my GPA. Not gonna lie though, it does suck that you don't have a legit advisor or med school admissions committee advice like the UC's offer. But the work you put into it speaks for itself in the end 🙂
I really appreciate your response. I hope I get into the program. Would you say it's pretty competitive? Congrats if you're done with the program btw! 🙂Nice, I'm glad you got it all figured out! Honestly the program is really you just being on your own and taking classes to fulfill the requirements for the certificate (basically upper division science courses). You have to get a 3.0 GPA throughout your time to qualify for the certificate. They do offer some workshops that help with the application or personal statement workshops here and there but they're very limited. I chose CSULA cause its literally the cheapest program and I just needed a good school to take classes and raise my GPA. Not gonna lie though, it does suck that you don't have a legit advisor or med school admissions committee advice like the UC's offer. But the work you put into it speaks for itself in the end 🙂
conchalover
Full Member
I really appreciate your response. I hope I get into the program. Would you say it's pretty competitive? Congrats if you're done with the program btw! 🙂
When I got accepted I was told only 7 people were accepted into the academic enhancer and I think there were more than 200 applicants so it is pretty competitive! I think they accepted 11 people for the career changer. Thanks! I am almost done with the program, this is my last semester 🙂 Best of luck and let me know if you have any more questions!
conchalover
Full Member
Hi everyone,
Unfortunately, CSULA has decided to shut down the Health Careers Advisement Office (HCAO), which means more than 2,000 pre-health students will not receive any advisement and guidance throughout their academic career. In regards to the post-bac program, they are still unsure if they can continue the program without a pre-health advisor. Please sign the petition to help fight for HCAO to remain at CSULA!
Unfortunately, CSULA has decided to shut down the Health Careers Advisement Office (HCAO), which means more than 2,000 pre-health students will not receive any advisement and guidance throughout their academic career. In regards to the post-bac program, they are still unsure if they can continue the program without a pre-health advisor. Please sign the petition to help fight for HCAO to remain at CSULA!
Just signed this petition! I hope it can be saved!Hi everyone,
Unfortunately, CSULA has decided to shut down the Health Careers Advisement Office (HCAO), which means more than 2,000 pre-health students will not receive any advisement and guidance throughout their academic career. In regards to the post-bac program, they are still unsure if they can continue the program without a pre-health advisor. Please sign the petition to help fight for HCAO to remain at CSULA!
![]()
Did anyone ever hear back from this program?
I was also accepted last night.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Similar threads
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 1K
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 1K