Dartmouth info

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

P60001

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would like to get some info from any med students that attends Dartmouth. I would like to know how they feel about the school and its curriculum. What is a typical week include: hours in lecture, labs, etc? When do you begin to interact with patients? Also, what is it really like in Hanover, and what are the living expenses? I enjoy outdoor activies, moutain biking especially, and I want to know what winter conditions would warrant? I have heard that there is skiing near by, but do you really have much time to go? I am an older student and would also like to know what the student population is like?
Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Wow, that's a lot of questions. I'll take a stab at a few.

We generally have four hours a day, from 8-12. That includes lecture and lab. We have "On Doctoring" every other week in the afternoon which makes the day longer (that's a class to teach us the practical matters). We visit patients on the other week, generally sitting with them, taking a history and practicing parts of the physical exam.

Hanover isn't bad. I'm used to the city, so it isn't the same obviously. Living in Hanover itself is expensive, so most students don't live there. You can find a cheap place in the other towns though.

We DEFININTELY go skiing frequently. A lot of people bought seasons passes, and there is plenty of time to go. With only four hours per day, the temptation to skip class and go ski can be irresistable.

Hope that helps some.

Thanks InTheWoods. That is the info I wanted to hear.