Dartmouth?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
*sigh* Anyone hearing today?

Members don't see this ad.

Also, those who heard yesterday, where are you located?

Members don't see this ad :)
I will be getting my mail in an hour or two ::crosses fingers::

Yeah, I'm actually out of town till Friday. (Working in another city through tomorrow, and headed to Kansas City for the Yankees game on Thursday, woohoo!) I'm trying to make my mom not tell me when and if a letter comes, because every time she opens the mail, it's bad news, and I hate having her tell me bad news. Anyway, I broke down and called this morning, and nothing came yesterday. If it comes today (~2pm), she'll call me, but if it comes tomorrow or later, she's supposed to not call, and I'll find out on Friday if I can manage to hold off calling her.

Wow that sounds like a pretty sweet trip! Have fun and don't worry too much about DMS. What's done is done, and you will be a doctor no matter what!

Wow that sounds like a pretty sweet trip! Have fun and don't worry too much about DMS. What's done is done, and you will be a doctor no matter what!

I know, I am SO excited! I've been a diehard Yankees fan for years, and I've NEVER seen them play live. Yay for the really important life experiences! You think I should talk about the game in an update letter? ;)

I didn't get anything either. Maybe tomorrow?

(I'm excited because this is the last time in a long time I'll have this much fun checking the mail)

Anyone know approximately how long it'll take for us to hear back form the fin.aid office?

Since you folks are the Dartmouth experts....how do you get there from the Manchester airport without a rental car? Is that even possible?

EDIT: I may be too poor to afford flying into Boston =D

Since you folks are the Dartmouth experts....how do you get there from the Manchester airport without a rental car? Is that even possible?

Much easier way is to fly into Boston and then take the Dartmouth coach

EDIT: I may be too poor to afford flying into Boston =D

I flew into Machester and took the Vermont Transit Bus to dartmouth ($23 each way).

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard nothing today. I'm thinking my letter went out yesterday and I will get it in the mail tomorrow. I know they had an adcomm meeting Friday night, so those individuals would have gotten their decisions mailed out on Monday.

Bleh...waitlisted, dated April 4
Anyone have an idea how many people get waitlisted?

Bleh...waitlisted, dated April 4
Anyone have an idea how many people get waitlisted?

No idea, but I'm hoping the waitlist moves a lot because of Dartmouth's location.

Goldtop, it seems like people were getting letters from the last adcom meeting on Monday that were dated for last Friday, which leads me to believe they mailed a big batch last weekend. Maybe they didn't get all their decisions made?

Nothing today.

I would call to see what the deal is, but I've called them mucho already

I would call to see what the deal is, but I've called them mucho already

Okay, I bit the bullet and called...

I told her that several friends I interviewed with have already heard, and she said that wasn't necessarily a bad thing, and I told her they got good news, and she said it could be a bad thing.

She checked my address to make sure it was right, and she recognized me when she looked up my AMCAS ID, because there was a minor fiasco on my interview day that I assisted in, and she was joking with me about it. I asked her if they could see the admissions results when they look up our files, and she said she could. I also told her that since I was expecting bad news, she's doing a very good job of staying positive. She told me not to expect anything, which is somewhat encouraging, but also just makes me more scared.

Anyway, she said they've been mailing out admissions decisions every day, and they're more or less finished. She wouldn't say for certain they've all been mailed, but it sounded like they had finished going out today.

She told me to keep an eye on my mail, and it should be here this week... So I guess it's up to my mom!

Hope that helps!

Yikes! I just broke down and called my mom (who wasn't supposed to tell me if I got anything, because I'm sick of hearing bad news from her), and she said I got mail from DMS today!

Anyway, she said she was trying really hard not to feel it much or anything, because she didn't want to know what it was... She said it did feel like more than one page, but maybe not more than two... She's not at home right now, but she's gonna call me back when she gets home.

Anyone know how many pages the rejection letters are? Waitlist? Acceptance?

I'm going to be sick...

Yikes! I just broke down and called my mom (who wasn't supposed to tell me if I got anything, because I'm sick of hearing bad news from her), and she said I got mail from DMS today!

Anyway, she said she was trying really hard not to feel it much or anything, because she didn't want to know what it was... She said it did feel like more than one page, but maybe not more than two... She's not at home right now, but she's gonna call me back when she gets home.

Anyone know how many pages the rejection letters are? Waitlist? Acceptance?

I'm going to be sick...

Unfortunately, the waitlist papers come in a small envelope, with 2-3 papers (can't remember exactly, but it's more than one).

[pj];6496369 said:
Unfortunately, the waitlist papers come in a small envelope, with 2-3 papers (can't remember exactly, but it's more than one).

Waitlist is better than rejection... Anyone know about rejection or acceptance letters? How many pages?

Waitlist... Shocker. Better than a rejection.

Waitlist is better than rejection... Anyone know about rejection or acceptance letters? How many pages?

Sorry that you have to go through all this agony DoctorDreamer!! I hope that you will get at least a waitlist when you find out later! FYI, the acceptance letters come with maybe 5 sheets or so, plus a hand-written congratulatory card, so it's pretty thick unfortunately.

Oh sorry, I was a few minutes too late. I'm glad you got the waitlist rather than a rejection!

sorry to hear that! At least its done and over with now. I am hoping to get something in the mail tomorrow. If they sent it out today, thougm, it will be another few days.

sorry to hear that! At least its done and over with now. I am hoping to get something in the mail tomorrow. If they sent it out today, thougm, it will be another few days.

LOL, done and over with? It's my 4th waitlist! Nothing is done and over with... I don't think I'll have any idea where I'm going until I end up there in August! Still, I'm happy it's not a rejection...

That stinks man, but no worries, you have some amazing choices on your list of acceptances. Where are you leaning?

Anyone know when they review the waitlist? I am thinking of sending another letter. That and I am keeping my fingers crossed in hopes that I get a call on May 16th or 17th....:luck:

I don't know, but I'll be sending in a letter (but it will be my first). Best of luck to you!

7 months post interview.... and waitlisted...great

i know the waitlist stings, but the fact that you didn't get one until SEVEN MONTHS post-interview means that your "batting average" score was probably on the verge of an acceptance. i'm sure you'll be one of the first ones called after may 15th.

:luck:

7 months post interview.... and waitlisted...great

It's still better than a rejection. Here's to hoping a good deal of the aceptancees can't handle the cold... ;) I believe in you and good things will come!

Hey all,

I'm sorry to hear that many of you got waitlisted, but don't lose hope. Many members of each class have come from the waitlist and I don't know why this year would be any different. There tends to be a lot of movement mid-May but I know people who have come off the waitlist long after that. Good luck to everyone!

Hopefully I'll see many of you around campus next year! :luck:

Hey all,

I'm sorry to hear that many of you got waitlisted, but don't lose hope. Many members of each class have come from the waitlist and I don't know why this year would be any different. There tends to be a lot of movement mid-May but I know people who have come off the waitlist long after that. Good luck to everyone!

Hopefully I'll see many of you around campus next year! :luck:

Do you have any statistics about the waitlist yield or size?

Yeah, it would be great if anyone knew if waitlisters in the current classes are only a couple people, or more like ten or twenty, or just really variable. It wouldn't tell me if I were going to get in, but it would be nice to get an idea...

Well, the waitlist FAQ list said that sometimes they accept anywhere from 8 up to a couple of dozen, if I remember correctly. If they are accepting 2 dozen, that would be about 1/3 of the class size.

I know of several peeps at DMS who got in off the waitlist, one during orientation week.

None of this is official info, but it's what I have. Best of luck to all of us!

In my class (current first yrs) I can currently think of 6/73 off the top of my head, but I get the feeling there's more...it's just never really the topic of conversation.

Does anyone know who the dean of admissions is? Who to address an LOI to? Thanks!

I may be wrong, but I don't think that Dartmouth has a dean of admissions, rather a director of admissions - Andrew Welch. You might also be able to address the letter to the admissions committee as a whole? Some one please let me know if I'm wrong! :)

Does anyone know who the dean of admissions is? Who to address an LOI to? Thanks!

I think this is the second waitlist that we're both on (georgetown too right?). Anyway, I addressed my LOI to Andy Welch, but I think if you wanted to address the members of the admissions committee that would work too. I decided to address mine to him since he responded to a previous question I wrote over email.

I think this is the second waitlist that we're both on (georgetown too right?). Anyway, I addressed my LOI to Andy Welch, but I think if you wanted to address the members of the admissions committee that would work too. I decided to address mine to him since he responded to a previous question I wrote over email.

LOL, well, I ended up with FIVE waitlists (Dartmouth, Georgetown, Emory, Baylor, and Colorado). So, we'll see!

i may end up writing a letter of interest to DMS, but these things take forever!!