Dartmouth?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
have any of you seen the super organized mayo thread?

based on that thread, I was thinking we could make a list of all of us who are "sort of average"-- ie we interviewed a while ago, but bc of our "sort of average" scores, have heard silence for months. Then, if one of us gets in, we know they are moving the threshold lower for acceptances ...

this could be my most neurotic post ever. thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

based on that thread, I was thinking we could make a list of all of us who are "sort of average"-- ie we interviewed a while ago, but bc of our "sort of average" scores, have heard silence for months. Then, if one of us gets in, we know they are moving the threshold lower for acceptances ...

Very neurotic and very pre-med like :laugh:. You should get an acceptance just based on your efforts!! ;)

Very neurotic and very pre-med like :laugh:. You should get an acceptance just based on your efforts!! ;)

UGH I KNOW!!!

I swear I wasn't like this before!! I think the doldrums of February, combined with having a super boring office job, have pushed me over the edge. I guess I am just trying to find someway to entertain myself while I wait for March... oof.

Members don't see this ad :)

Haha very neurotic. I think it's just easier to relax and wait for things to happen :thumbup:

UGH I KNOW!!!

I swear I wasn't like this before!! I think the doldrums of February, combined with having a super boring office job, have pushed me over the edge. I guess I am just trying to find someway to entertain myself while I wait for March... oof.

Yeah. I wasn't this neurotic until I stopped hearing about interviews in January.

No news ---> neurotic premed.

oh no! sorry to hear that! mine letter is probably waiting in my mailbox right now...

well at least through all of this you can be thinking about FREE umass! plus, you know i hear worcester is a close second to paris in terms of its wide selection of french bakeries to chose from...

has anyone else heard nothing but silence from DMS since october? I'm wondering what the deal is.

hey guys,

i was wondering if anyone who has already been accepted/waitlisted or interviewed at dartmouth could read a pre-interview LOInterest for me? when i applied to the school, i wasnt sure about what it had to offer. but after scouring the website i've come to LOVE it! i would love to an interview invite so this is my last ditch attempt!

my stats are 32, 3.8, science 3.75, good ec's (some are unique). i can PM it or email it you....

thanks!

Does anyone know if Darmouth is still sending out interview invites? I was complete back in November and haven't heard a word since. Thanks and good luck to all!

they interview until late march/early april. people have recently received invites (as posted in other threads), so yes, invites are still being extended!

ahhh!! commence praying :eek:

I've never really consdired yale could you guys talk a little bit about why you would like to go there so much? I figure this is the best place to ask for yale cheerleading...

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if Darmouth is still sending out interview invites? I was complete back in November and haven't heard a word since. Thanks and good luck to all!

Last admissions packets just went out so the last interview offers should be made soon (in the next week or two).

Holy crap, I just got an acceptance letter. I interviewed back in mid-December, so for those of you who have been waiting awhile, there's still hope!

Got an interview invite yesterday- that I didn't open until today- since I didn't know they snail mail them and I figured it was a rejection. Sneaky, sneaky Dartmouth!

Damn, so no one else is in the dark after interviewing in October?

so it goes

What are these "admissions packets" that just went out? Thanks!

They are just folders with several applicants' applications (primary, secondary, rec letters) that are distributed to the people who make decisions about interviews (some second year students and some faculty). So, when they go through the packets, these people decide who they want to interview out of the applications they've just read.

oh no! sorry to hear that! mine letter is probably waiting in my mailbox right now...

well at least through all of this you can be thinking about FREE umass! plus, you know i hear worcester is a close second to paris in terms of its wide selection of french bakeries to chose from...

:) Thanks.

I'll stay on the waitlist and see what happens.

If they don't have patisseries, then I'll have to open my own! Then in 7 or 8 years, I can open my own practice and have a patisserie attached. :)

Is anyone for sure they are going to DMS? I'm tired of being the only one in the Facebook group "Dartmouth Medical School 2012". Come on people.

hey guys, i was just wondering if we're supposed to get a letter from the dean after we interview just as an additional invitation to visit the school? thanks.

hey guys, i was just wondering if we're supposed to get a letter from the dean after we interview just as an additional invitation to visit the school? thanks.

Not post-interview, but post-acceptance for revisit.

oh really, that's strange because I haven't been accepted yet and I got the letter from the dean stating that he was pleased to invite me to visit DMS. what does this mean?

Is it about the May 2-3 revisit? If not then it's not the same letter that I got.

no, it says that "I am pleased to add my personal invitation to the one that you have already received from our Admissions Office to visit DMS. Choosing your medical school is one of the most important career decisions that you will make. As you make that selection, I hope that Dartmouth will be a part of the process for you."

and then it continues on about reasons why DMS is a great school. It doesn't say anything about revisits. Did you get this letter before or after you interviewed?

Strange, I got in in the Fall and have not received this new mailing.

In my experience, I interviewed and heard back yes in about 3 weeks. I think it has been explained before, but Dartmouth gives you a score after they interview and review your app and you need a certain score to get the yes letter. As time goes on, that certain score gets a little lower and more yes letters go out. So for those of you still waiting, time is on your side and each day increases your chances =D

Any of you worried about winter at Dartmouth =p

no, it says that "I am pleased to add my personal invitation to the one that you have already received from our Admissions Office to visit DMS. Choosing your medical school is one of the most important career decisions that you will make. As you make that selection, I hope that Dartmouth will be a part of the process for you."

and then it continues on about reasons why DMS is a great school. It doesn't say anything about revisits. Did you get this letter before or after you interviewed?

Yes I got that letter before my interview. I think it's just a standard letter that goes out to everyone before they interview--I thought it was nice, kind of a personal touch!

just got the waitlist last week everyone :( interviewed back in october...

anyone know what those of us on the waiting list can do at this point? i really liked dartmouth too =(

just got the waitlist last week everyone :( interviewed back in october...

anyone know what those of us on the waiting list can do at this point? i really liked dartmouth too =(

My student host told me they really appreciate LOIs from applicants who have a genuine interest in attending DMS.

My student host told me they really appreciate LOIs from applicants who have a genuine interest in attending DMS.

darn, i already sent one before i got the waitlist letter lol. although i'm not sure if they got it in time.

would i be overdoing it to send another one?

:luck: to all those who are waiting, and congrats to those who are accepted!!

congrats on the waitlist, its definitely much better than a rejection :)

I am getting nervous because I haven't heard from them yet. Lets hope that they don't send out decisions in descending order .

Yes I got that letter before my interview. I think it's just a standard letter that goes out to everyone before they interview--I thought it was nice, kind of a personal touch!

I vaquely remember that too. It's supposed to accompany the interview invitation, but I guess for 2cheesy it arrived at an inappropriate time...

speaking from a person just recently placed on the waitlist, i'm wondering if dartmouth really rejects that many people post-interview. do they pretty much simply place everyone not accepted on the waitlist? just trying to figure out if i have a real shot.

they accept a lot of people, something like 300, for 70 spots because a lot of people don't dig hanover. so I would feel good about my chances if i were on the waitlist.

they accept a lot of people, something like 300, for 70 spots because a lot of people don't dig hanover. so I would feel good about my chances if i were on the waitlist.

That's what I like to hear.

darn, i already sent one before i got the waitlist letter lol. although i'm not sure if they got it in time.

:luck: to all those who are waiting, and congrats to those who are accepted!!

I think sending a second LOI just lets them know that you are VERY interested. GO FOR IT.

I'll probably send a letter of interest to Dartmouth after I get waitlisted/neg'd at the other schools I have on the table.

Good luck to everyone! I hope you all get thick envelopes. :) :luck:

NOT AT ALL! they love to hear from you and know that you are genuinely interested, not just sending a standard letter to all the schools that waitlisted you to increase your chances.

I was put on the waitlist last year in Jan, and oh I sent about... 3 pretty damn long letters/emails after that. When I called the admissions office later on to check on my status, they even said "wow you have a lot of stuff in your file!" So they definitely look at those things and put them into your folder. I can't be sure if those played the definitive role in my eventual acceptance. But I definitely like to think that my efforts helped!

It's obviously a difficult, frustrating wait, since they don't much waitlist movement till after that 5/15 deadline. But there's always hope! There are quite a few people in my class that came off of the waitlist too!

NOT AT ALL! they love to hear from you and know that you are genuinely interested, not just sending a standard letter to all the schools that waitlisted you to increase your chances.

Ouch. I am genuinely interested in Dartmouth...

Ouch. I am genuinely interested in Dartmouth...

ha i know. i'm just saying that some people do write multiple LOIs. i think the content of your letter will reflect appropriately.

Congratulations! Do you mind me asking when you were complete? I'm still waiting to hear as well and it's been a while...

I second that. If you don't mind, would you also post your stats along with when you were done your secondary? Thanks so much, and congratulations!!

Do people send LOI's before they even recieve an interview invite (in hopes that they will)?

Dartmouth definitely does reject people post-interview. But I don't know if they reject a significant amount of people or just a small minority. Judging by this thread, most people seem to be getting waitlisted. But then again, most people posting here have great stats....

I received an interview invite today, after being complete since early August (!).

Hey guys,

I have been complete for a little over two months at Dartmouth. How long is this going to take. Ugh, I am so frustrated over this. Does anybody know if they are still interviewing? Please let me know.

I second that. If you don't mind, would you also post your stats along with when you were done your secondary? Thanks so much, and congratulations!!

Do people send LOI's before they even recieve an interview invite (in hopes that they will)?

I don't remember exactly when I was complete, but it was sometime in October, I think.

My stats are in depth on MDApps, but a synopsis is 37R and 4.0. BUT I went to a small Christian college. I think my LoRs and essays are probably my strongest part, though, and I get a feeling that those matter more to DMS.

I was told they are reviewing all the rest of the apps right now, and the last invites should be going out now and over the next week or so. My options for interview days were March 6, 13, and 18th, so they still have a few days to fill.

They sent me an e-mail that said they mailed my an invite yesterday, but they wanbted me to schedule asap, so I guess they'll probably be doing that till the end of the season.

I'm really excited because DMS has been one of my favs since the beginning, and I thought I was going to be rejected!

Have any of you been to DMS in the winter? Granted I have not, so am wondering how bad it really is up there. Looking at weather maps at least, looks cooldddddddddd!