This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

littleteeth

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Can't believe I'm finally making one of these posts. Here is my score breakdown...

PAT: 20
QR: 16 :(
RC: 23
Bio: 20
OC: 22
GC: 22
TS: 21
AA: 21

Overall, Im happy with my scores except for QR. I really don't want to have to retake unless I really have to... For me, getting a 16 on QR was a big improvement from the 12s and 14s I was getting using the Kaplan quizzes and DAT Achiever (one exception-- I got a 17 using DAT Bootcamp). I have never been good at speed math, and that's what the QR section is all about :( My resources for studying were the Kaplan course (not really helpful), DAT Destroyer and 5 tests from Math Destroyer, Chad's chemistry videos, and the 3 test package from DAT Achiever.

What do you guys think? Does my RC score make up for my below average QR? Will my application be thrown away when i apply next cycle because of my low QR(I think it's below the threshold for most schools)? :dead:

If it makes a difference, I got an A-/B+ in Calculus I/II in college. My oGPA is a 3.62 and my sGPA is a 3.40.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
QR is the best section to bomb if you're going to bomb a section. I've seen several people on SDN get into multiple schools with their 16 QR.

Reactions: 1 user
QR is the best section to bomb if you're going to bomb a section. I've seen several people on SDN get into multiple schools with their 16 QR.

Ok that makes me feel a little better! Are the rest of my scores competitive?

Members don't see this ad :)
IMO yes. You only have to be slightly better than the average applicant (which is different than being better than the average test taker).

I base most of my opinion on:
U.S. Dental School Applicants and Enrollees, 2011 and 2012 Entering Classes
U.S. Dental School Applicants and Enrollees, 2013 Entering Class
U.S. Dental School Applicants and Enrollees, 2014 Entering Class
U.S. Dental School Applicants and Enrollees, 2015 Entering Class

3XopKTF.png

These scores are definitely going to help you land interviews. Good luck!!

I got a 16 QR and got 7 pre December invites! Don't sweat it. Good job on your scores!

Reactions: 2 users